Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

at the top of my do not watch list would probably be aliens
you mean alien?

any reason why? one of my favorites
nah, just aliens period.  I never watched the original Alien.

i've watched some movies with aliens in it like MIB, but when it gets to spaceships and weird planets i'm just not into it

same with robots.  I liked superhero movies until a few years ago, now i just can't take it anymore.  I'll watch the X-men movies though

Cartoon movies, i'll watch them if they're on, but I wouldn't go see one or queue up one on my own

Those Garry Marshall movies, Valentine's Day, New Years Eve 
sick.gif

Do not watch actors:  Ryan Reynolds and his giant skull can go jump in a lake.

Katherine Heigel 
grin.gif

Last edited:
the idea of a superhero and a imaginary villain has always been goofy to me..

even as a kid i hated comic books and dragon ball z and all the shows people got into back then

as for musicals i like a few but they are few and far between , i liked les miserables and grease

but i don't think i can name many more i enjoyed watching

Last edited:
2 times in the first 48 hours it's been out. Must be DAMN good.

Unless you just wanna see ya girl Alice again :lol:

It honestly was a bit of both. I've now seen 4 seconds of her in that undergarment thing, which is 2 seconds more than any of you. :pimp:

Liked it even better the second time. Picked up on a lot more things, and even realized I missed some key details.

Would probably see it again if asked. :smh: :lol:

Saw Star Trek yesterday.
4/5
One of the best sci fi films that I've seen.
The star trek references couldn't have been anymore corny, but oh well.
I'm talking about the 1st one

When Spock yelled "Kahn" I was like :lol: :lol: Cmon

Just saw Too Big To Fail and loved it. William Hurt was superb as the secretary of the treasury. It was like watching a real world threat to the US and global economy get this focus (since I didn't follow it daily when it went down) but put in the light as if there was an invisible super villain running around. Dudes can't do nothing about the stock market cuz in reality they're gambling, stocks rise and fall based off the most flimsiest of things.

The threat of something worse than the great depression coming is frequently brought up and the main ppl (ceos of the major banks) who can decide the future are still selfish and take it so casually. Add that with the financial system relying solely on trust and seeing that rapidly erode as these ppl try to find a solution just kept my attention.

Then the way it ends is like the super villain is never caught and things go back to a false sense of stability and security.

Last edited:
Just saw Too Big To Fail and loved it. William hurt was superb as the secretary of the treasury. It was like watching a real world threat to the US and global economy get this focus (since I didn't follow it daily when it went down) but put in the light as if there was an invisible super villain running around.

hated that movie when it came out , how you gon have ben bernanke and henry paulson looking

at eachother with the epiphany like "what if these greedy bankers take the bailout money and spend it on themselves

the same way they've been running a muck with these mortgage backed securties that almost crippled the entire system........naw"

Just saw Too Big To Fail and loved it. William hurt was superb as the secretary of the treasury. It was like watching a real world threat to the US and global economy get this focus (since I didn't follow it daily when it went down) but put in the light as if there was an invisible super villain running around.

hated that movie when it came out , how you gon have ben bernanke and henry paulson looking
at eachother with the epiphany like "what if these greedy bankers take the bailout money and spend it on themselves
the same way they've been running a muck with these mortgage backed securties that almost crippled the entire system........naw"
That's what got me with the ending :lol: Time was against them so much they give in to this non-capitalist idea and whip up the plan so fast that they don't try to increase restrictions or add in the mandate that the money must be used for loans.

They were so worried about how bad nationalizing a bank would look that when forced to the point that it was the "right" thing to do they do it in a way where its a bad thing done in principle only cuz they don't even have the power that actually nationalizing a bank would give them.

The part where they were on the road to creating monopolies through bank mergers was hilarious as well.

Last edited:
Whoa whoa whoa whoa..

This dude will smith wants to remake the wild bunch.. Someone in Hollywood deserves to be shot for that idea :x

Seriously they messing around thinking it's a good idea to mess with a classic.. Easily one of my top 10 films of all time

I really wouldn't care if they remade the Wild Bunch at this point. I saw it like Will is hurting to prove himself again after all of the Django flack. Might end up not even being anything close to the OG if it happens.

That's what got me with the ending
laugh.gif
Time was against them so much they give in to this non-capitalist idea and whip up the plan so fast that they don't try to increase restrictions or add in the mandate that the money must be used for loans.

They were so worried about how bad nationalizing a bank would look that when forced to the point that it was the "right" thing to do they do it in a way where its a bad thing done in principle only cuz they don't even have the power that actually nationalizing a bank would give them.

The part where they were on the road to creating monopolies through bank mergers was hilarious as well.
lmao so true

ill watch any kind of movie im not hard to please. im no movie snob. some of my all time favs were musicals and foreign with subtitles....

but pitch perfect sucker punch, and red dawn remake have to be the absolute worst movies i have seen in a while... especially red dawn remake...

Cinemax just tried to !+%* my night up.

Dozed off watching Napoleon Dynamite. Wake up and Martha Marcy May Marlene is on... :smh:

That's like the biggest mood shift in non-Disney cinematic history. I have to mentally prepare myself for MMMM.

Last edited:
so i just sat down and watched Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

one of the worst movies ive seen
laugh.gif
mean.gif

thank god i never saw it at the movies
laugh.gif

2 things i got from it;

Abraham Lincoln looks like a young Liam Neeson

his boy Henry is Howard Stark, i knew he looked familiar
laugh.gif

I've been avoiding this place like the plague this week because I'm not seeing Star Trek Into Darkness until tomorrow morning, but I've watched a few movies this week, thought I'd chime in.

Started with Premium Rush. Man, I'm glad I didn't spend money watching this. I had a hard enough time finishing it watching it OnDemand. :lol: . There are some fun parts to this, mostly the mouse-chases, but other than that, this movie is terrible. The script is absolutely putrid, and all of the performances are incredibly dry. From Jamie Chung to Michael Shannon, they all suck. JGL is just alright, and that's being generous. I understand this is probably a niche-film for bike-afficionados, and I'm definitely not one, but this was a chore to watch.

What's strange is David Koepp has done some really good stuff. The guy wrote the screenplay for Carlito's Way, Jurassic Park, Stir of Echoes, Secret Window, and the first MI film. He hadn't directed too many other films, but both Stir of Echoes and Secret Window are cult favorites, and Secret Window is one of my favorites in the past 15 years.

The biggest joke of the film is the MacGuffin. The ticket. Okay, so you have Jamie Chung trying to bring her son over, but instead of saying to this woman that she paid her money, she has to have a ticket delivered to her? This Lo-Pan looking dude couldn't just use his cell phone to call up Sister Chen and be like, "Hey, that chick from the Real World paid, send her kid over." I'm able to suspend my disbelief, but this film takes it to such extremes that I can't take it seriously. On top of Jamie Chung's hysterically horrid fake accent, and Michael Shannon's one-liners, I just had a hard time with it. Then we got JGL with the intuition to choose riding paths by previewing them in his head? Man, ugh.

You also have Michael Shannon deeply involved in the Chinese gang underground, and one minute having him killing someone, the next second he's chasing around JGL in straight Roadrunner-Coyote fashion. What? No. And of course, you have your biker buddies nudging him at the end playing bully, only to have him get capped in the dome and act like he didn't understand he just got shot?

I don't often say I'll never watch a film ever again. Premium Rush is on that list. I initially thought it was about 5.5. That's way too generous. 3/10 is more fair for this one.

I saw that Elektra was soon going away from OnDemand, so I wanted to check it out. I had seen parts of DareDevil, and it was just alright. I felt the same way about Elektra. It's just really okay. The action isn't all that great, and I don't know enough about the comics to make any real good judgments on it. I thought the villain was fun enough, as were his henchmen. What I was really disappointed by was Elektra and Abbie. I felt like I was watching a Disney melodrama. It was a drag. It was obvious the chick was special, but they didn't have to make her a brat. I just wasn't really interested in their dynamic. The visuals were fine for 2005, and I really appreciated the work done on Tattoo. Know nothing about him. No idea if he was just a creation for the film, but I felt like that was one of the highlights of the film. The climax was a little weak, but I wasn't expecting a whole lot. The film DID start out pretty well, but I wasn't mad that I watched it. I'll probably leave it alone for quite a while and pick it up for cheap if I can, but I thought it was worthy of a 6/10.

Last film I watched was Red Tails.

Uhh, did anyone else really like this? :nerd: . It was fun. It was really fun, I thought. I'm a sucker for films based on WW2. Other than Ne-Yo, this was really enjoyable.

The film definitely has flaws, and they're pretty apparent. Yes, it's obvious that the Tuskegee weren't appreciated, they were looked down upon by other areas of the armed forces before, but there wasn't a sense of how Jim Crow Laws truly affected those in the Army. You had a black dude go into a segregated white-bar, punch a white guy, and he escaped unscathed? Uhh, alright. I'm not saying I wanted the guy to end up being killed, but I just don't really felt like there was ever a threat in the film. Which brings me to my next point. There's a difference between being zealous and being courageous. This film portrayed them as being more zealous and over-confident than heroes. They took on any challenge and never felt like they were capable of being gunned down. And then like two guys die? I like the Tuskegee were a great set of pilots, but they're practically indestructible. The film's mini-epilogue shows that 66 Tuskegee were killed, and I'm not expecting them to explore each brave soldier that lost their life, but they it really took away from the film at times. I just sat there like hrm, Saving Private Ryan, Full Metal Jacket, and even Pearl Harbor did this aspect of the film a lot better.

That said, I still really enjoyed it. Easy and Lightning had terrific chemistry, and Terrence Howard and Cuba were both satisfactory in their work. It was also great to see Lee Tergesen in a major motion picture (Tobias from Oz; on a sidenote, he's such an underutilized actor). Bryan Cranston was also fun in the film. The action was top-notch, and although it wasn't a true representation of dog-fights, it was still enjoyable. The horrors of war aren't nearly as evident as other films like I mentioned before, but for a film trying to glorify the Tuskegee? Worked fine.

This isn't a classic, but I was expecting a pure crash-and-burn WW2 film. It wasn't at all. I'm shocked it got a 39% on RT. On first viewing I'd give it either a 7.5 or 8/10. On repeated viewings it's flaws may stand out more, but I enjoyed it.

I can see where people could really pick this apart. I see George Lucas and WW2 and I don't go in thinking I'm going to be getting a Stanley Kubrick interpretation of war. Certain parts are pretty bad, and the people you expect to be terrible, are. But the action is great, some of the characters are flshed out enough, and if nothing else, it's entertaining.

I hear there's an HBO interpretation that is far superior. I'd be interested to check it out, but not sure where I'd be able to get ahold of it at. Maybe HBOGO?

What are movie trends that you find annoying?

Misleading movie posters: Jack Reacher's poster of him holding a gun. Dude popped off like two shots.

Movie posters where they show the whole cast of the movie looking all badazz when that is so far from what they actually are.

ex: star trek

Marvel milking the hell out of their franchieses.

Iron Man, captain america, thor, avengers, spiderman and xmen.

The main character's love interest who's sole purpose is so the movie has at least one sex scene.

I'm all for sex scenes, but let's stop showing the meaningless chit chat that we all know leads to sex.

Just skip that, and go straight to the sex.

Movies being announced like 3-5 years before they're even released.

Trailers that pretty much show the whole movie or that are better than the movie itself.

Pretty much most of jason statham movies, except the crank/transporter series.

Some of Rian Johnson's:

The blue beam that the good guys have to destroy. Ex: Transformers 3, Avengers, battleship, and Wreck it ralph

edit:this can include tv show trends that you don't like

Last edited:
I will watch pretty much anything...

Except... M.Night movies

But I'm a sucka for corny movies. Like I've watched "she's out of my league" like half a dozen times in the last couples months. :lol:

red tails was ok at the most but made me sad/mad because I looked at the cast and see rapper and R&B singers or people who didn't get into the art of acting exclusively  in general and feel that's the only way blacks will get into the theaters, and in the end no one will take them too seriously. the few goods ones we have are aging but you can't expect Freeman and Denzel to play ever role right?

Noble you seriously didn't like Pitch Perfect? Maybe I set the bar so low on it that I was impressed, but I really liked it... weirdly. :lol:

Yeah, Hangover 3 is showing way too much in their trailers. I feel like we're on the seventh new one right now. Heard on the radio this morning, they were talking about Anchorman 2 and all of that, one of the guys suggested they should just keep doing the same trailers for Anchorman 2 that we've seen, but with just different, hilarious lines that don't pertain to anything in the movie. Those ads when the Ch. 4 news team walks up and each says something? Yeah... just do millions of those until the movie actually comes out, and don't have an ACTUAL trailer. Because then every, single, joke we see when we all go see the movie will be fresh. Which is something to foreign in comedies these days.

I don't often say I'll never watch a film ever again. Premium Rush is on that list. I initially thought it was about 5.5. That's way too generous. 3/10 is more fair for this one.
You had me Alonzo nodding here...

I saw that Elektra was soon going away from OnDemand, so I wanted to check it out. [...] The climax was a little weak, but I wasn't expecting a whole lot. The film DID start out pretty well, but I wasn't mad that I watched it. I'll probably leave it alone for quite a while and pick it up for cheap if I can, but I thought it was worthy of a 6/10.
...but then you had me bleeding from the nose here.

Dozed off watching Napoleon Dynamite. Wake up and Martha Marcy May Marlene is on... :smh:
Jon Heder to John Hawkes, what's the problem?

red tails was ok at the most but made me sad/mad because I looked at the cast and see rapper and R&B singers or people who didn't get into the art of acting exclusively in general and feel that's the only way blacks will get into the theaters, and in the end no one will take them too seriously. the few goods ones we have are aging but you can't expect Freeman and Denzel to play ever role right?
There was a pretty good thread about that last year:

http://niketalk.com/t/515148/after-...-william-the-bawse-roberts-pg-5-update/120_40

Last edited:
Cinemax just tried to !+%* my night up.

That's like the biggest mood shift in non-Disney cinematic history. I have to mentally prepare myself for MMMM.

Is mmmm any good? Plot sounds cool

Bruh. Star Trek Into Darkness. :wow:

Blew. My. Mind. Will get into it later. But goddamn. This will be hard to beat for summer blockbuster. Especially by some trashy Fast Six film.

:pimp:

Back
Top Bottom