Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

i don't think it is... I've seen plenty, they really aren't going to do much to "diversify your film tastes"
that doesn't mean that they can't be good movies...
He's talking to someone who doesn't watch them cuz "idea of a superhero and a imaginary villain has always been goofy to me.." so you trying to imply superhero movies are "reheated" is indeed asinine and ridiculously so in that context.

What it seemed like iyen was saying is how can you not like superhero movies but like other films...

and made an assumption about diversity, that seems a more ridiculous statement than what I said.

my thing is, not much diversity is going to be gained or lost whether you like them or not...

I'm watching this movie called Dollhouse, I hear a dope song playing in one of the scenes so I go to look it up

Turns out it's by a band called Dead Man's Bones, one of the bands members is the world's favorite, Ryan Gosling.

What it seemed like iyen was saying is how can you not like superhero movies but like other films...
and made an assumption about diversity, that seems a more ridiculous statement than what I said.

my thing is, not much diversity is going to be gained or lost whether you like them or not...
Going off dudes explanation for why he doesn't like superhero movies it sounded like his taste wasn't diversified at all.
That Fight Club one is bs. Might as well left it out if the clue is in fine print :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
So, it's my wife's birthday today and tonight we have a rare non-PG movie trip. I had expected to see Star Trek - we both enjoyed TNG and Voyager and really liked that last movie - but the other day she threw a spanner into the works by saying that she had heard that IM3 was better.

Is that true? This decision basically means that one movie will be seen on the big screen and the other will be DVD in a few months. They're both showing locally at decent times so which one is "better"?

I personally liked Star Trek more.

Ill break it down like this.

Cumberbatch > Ben Kingsley/Guy Pearce.
RDJ>Zachary Quinto and Chris Pine.
Iron Man 3 Action>Star Trek Into Darkness Action.
Star Trek Into Darkness supporting cast>Iron Man 3.

I just thought it was a better put together film.

Into Darkness is much better than IM3. I'm not a Trek guy AT ALL, but I'll be seeing it again this weekend. Superb film, and like JA said, it has the ESB feel to it.

Am I reaching? :nerd:

Jonathan Rhys Meyers rumored to be in talks for Star Wars 7.

Thrawn might be a stretch, but what about Jagged Fel? :nerd:

These dudes need to stop ****** around and just give me the actors/actresses on the payroll, I'll figure the rest out myself. :lol:

Into Darkness is much better than IM3. I'm not a Trek guy AT ALL, but I'll be seeing it again this weekend. Superb film, and like JA said, it has the ESB feel to it.

I wasn't sure if I was stretching it, but that's how I felt watching it. It improved on an already extremely solid first act.

Well, that's what we went to see anyway - and really enjoyed it. I really like the style of all the Starfleet stuff - especially the textures of the uniforms and ships and stuff - but those lens flares get a bit tiring after a while.

Still great though. Would definitely watch it again.

cp knowing that i've only seen the first star wars and the family guy parodies which novels would you recommend? just like two or three to get started on. that reminds me, anyone ever read the 24 novels? i read two back in the day that i liked a lot and bought two more that i never got around too. basically the first four.

How the **** you only seen the first Star Wars?

God damn it, that's like stopping at the first Godfather, WATCH THE SECOND ONE IMMEDIATELY. Empire Strikes Back, don't be a fool.

Then watch Jedi.

Books, easy, start with the Thrawn Trilogy. Writer by the name of Timothy Zahn.

Heir to the Empire
Dark Force Rising
The Last Command

Read those 3 books, and I guarantee you will be hooked from there on out. Those are 7-8-9 in any rational person's mind. Read them. Try to prove me wrong.

After that, let me know, and if you want more, I'll get you the info you need.

What does everyone think of 'I am legend'.. I mean I know it could have been better, especially the cgi..

But man.. I don't know if it's because I just got a dog couple months ago (well just over a year).. But man, that movie got me.. Well had me up to that scene in his lab after the attack..

Last edited:
Just got done with Star Trek.

I loved it.

but I think its mainly because the last film I saw was Iron Man 3 and it left a nasty after taste in my mouth...........

Each act in the movie got progressively better, which is the biggest thing that stood out of the movie for me.

Also, I think me not knowing really anythign about Star Trek helps with the enjoyment of the movie, unlike Iron Man 3/Marvel movies.

What does everyone think of 'I am legend'.. I mean I know it could have been better, especially the cgi..

But man.. I don't know if it's because I just got a dog couple months ago (well just over a year).. But man, that movie got me.. Well had me up to that scene in his lab after the attack..
Pretty forgettable for me.
Am I reaching? :nerd:

Jonathan Rhys Meyers rumored to be in talks for Star Wars 7.

Thrawn might be a stretch, but what about Jagged Fel? :nerd:

These dudes need to stop ****** around and just give me the actors/actresses on the payroll, I'll figure the rest out myself. :lol:
Looks way more like Chris Pine (without the beard) should play Thrawn based off that pic. In other art pics whoever drew it clearly was channeling Jeremy Irons.

Meyers can def be Jagged Fel.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: This is so funny seeing it realized.

Last edited:
Identity Thief :lol:

Fast & Furious 6 :smokin :rofl:

Warm Bodies :stoneface: :nerd: ???

Stand-Ups

Bill Burr: Let It Go :lol:

Jim Gaffigan: Mr. Universe :rofl:

Last edited:
cp knowing that i've only seen the first star wars and the family guy parodies which novels would you recommend? just like two or three to get started on. that reminds me, anyone ever read the 24 novels? i read two back in the day that i liked a lot and bought two more that i never got around too. basically the first four.

So...

You want to read more Star Wars books, but you don't want to watch the other films first?

I can understand if you ain't going to watch the prequels, but rather reading SW stuff instead of watching ESB?!

Boy, you need to get your priorities straight.. :lol:

Well, that's what we went to see anyway - and really enjoyed it. I really like the style of all the Starfleet stuff - especially the textures of the uniforms and ships and stuff - but those lens flares get a bit tiring after a while.

Glad you enjoyed it. :pimp:

Yeah I was thinking, damn, I wouldn't mind dressing up as Captain Kirk next Halloween, those shirts are kind of dope. :nerd:

Oh yeah, I just saw Takers. What the **** did I just watch!?

It was like somebody had an idea for a pilot or a throwaway ep from Leverage and instead of pursuing a series said **** it lets make it a movie since I'm pretty sure I can get ppl to provide the money. Add in some chase scenes, some explosions and a shootout, we'll be good.

That ending :x Like it aint even really end. I hope they aint think that could find it's way to a sequel.

Never trust a cast of criminals that majority black to survive in the end. Only reason Hayden Christensen died is cuz he's a bad actor.

As generic as it was, it was funny to see Chris Brown running and doing his poor man's parkour :lol:

Last edited:
i don't think it is... I've seen plenty, they really aren't going to do much to "diversify your film tastes"

that doesn't mean that they can't be good movies...
When I said "diversify your film tastes" I was speaking towards all types of movies.

He said that he didn't like dbz, which is an anime.

There are films that are anime. So when I said for him to diversify his film tastes I was also including anime films.

Anime films are practically another film industry.

Well actually, they are since japan only makes anime films.

So by him checking out anime films and good superhero movies, he'd be diversifying his movie taste.

That's not what I was saying.

I don't even know what type of movies he likes so IDK how you interpreted that from what I said.

It seems to me that his dislike of superhero movies is based on a misconception.

That's what I meant.

Back
Top Bottom