Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

IMDb ‏@IMDb · 1h
Amanda Seyfried has signed on as the female lead in 'Ted 2'. http://imdb.to/1pl0o92

I'm not sure I think Ted 2 is a good idea. I liked the first one a lot, but it seems to me to be a concept that will get worn out pretty quickly. I could see this going the way of the Hangover sequels. Hopefully, Seth McFarlane will prove me wrong.

IMDb ‏@IMDb · 1h
Amanda Seyfried has signed on as the female lead in 'Ted 2'. http://imdb.to/1pl0o92

I'm not sure I think Ted 2 is a good idea. I liked the first one a lot, but it seems to me to be a concept that will get worn out pretty quickly. I could see this going the way of the Hangover sequels. Hopefully, Seth McFarlane will prove me wrong.
Seth is on his way to being the king of not sure this is a good idea.

I'll say outright this sounds like a bad idea. Didn't know this was going down but w/e. Hopefully Wahlberg doesn't come back for this. I'm guessing Amanda is Ted's love interest.

If you like documentaries check out The House I Live In about the for profit prison system. It will get your blood boiling. Here are some other movies off the top of my dome I'd recommend based on some you posted.

- Sleepers
- Almost Famous
- Platoon
- Saving Private Ryan
- Seven
- Miami Vice
- Public Enemies
- Memento
- The Game
- The Others
- Snatch
- The Fighter (edit - since I mentioned this, I'd recommend Silver Linings Playbook too)
- Warrior (edit - meant this movie instead of The Fighter but I'd recommend both)
- Inception
- Black Hawk Down
- Kingdom Of Heaven (extended version)
- Welcome To The Punch
- The Sweeney
- Rock N Rolla
- City Of God (this is actually one of my favorite movies)
- Oh Brother Where For Art Though
- Infernal Affairs
- 13 Assassins
- The Raid Redemption
- End of Watch
- 25th Hour (another favorite)
- The Master
- The Ides Of March
- Doubt
- Salt
- Before The Devil Knows Your Dead
- Eastern Promises
- Inside Man
- Leon The Professional
- The Town

Crossed out the ones I've seen.

Good looks on the recommendations :pimp:

Here are some more I'd recommend off the top of my head.

- Unforgiven (Japanese remake starring Ken Watanabe)
- Quill
- The Wackness
- The Spectacular Now
- The Fisher King
- In Bruges
- Seven Psychopaths
- The Way Way Back
- Bronson
- Drive
- Out Of Sight (directed by Steven Soderbergh & the only great J Lo movie. Great cast & great soundtrack)
- Moon
- Green Zone
- The Kingdom
- The Devil's Double
- Tell No One (French flick)
- A Prophet (another French flick)
- Night Watch (Russian flick)
- Outrage & Outage II (Japanese Yakuza flicks)
- Devil In A Blue Dress (put Don Cheadle on the map)
- Gone Baby Gone
- The Killer Inside
- The Hitchhiker"s Guide To The Galaxy
- Mud
- Killer Joe
Edit to add The Count of Monte Cristo (with Jim Caviezel & Guy Pearce)

Last edited:
Watched A Clockwork Orange the other day because I know it's somewhat of a classic. Can't say I liked it too much. The constant background music was kinda annoying to me. But I will say that it had a decent story line though.

I think Disconnect is the next movie on my list to watch

For people who like documentaries I would recommend u watch Exit Through the Gift Shop. It stuck with me for some reason.

Forgot to add this one... The first time I saw this I was like what the heck did I just watched but I liked it. Very genre bending.

Edit - Also speaking of Mark Dacascos, he narrated this History Channel doc on Samuai's that was decent. He was a little mellow dramatic but for those that don't know too much about Samurais & the Bushido code, it's a nice introduction. I really liked the part talking about sword makers at the 42 min mark.

Last edited:
Zooey Deschanel on Craig Ferguson right now

Watch The Epic Knife Fight Scene That Kicks Off Hannibal Season 2

:wow: Just when I thought I was done with this show :smokin

Bryan Cranston To Play Serial Killer In Errol Morris’ Holland, Michigan

Well, he’s done with Walter White and he’s not Lex Luthor, but Bryan Cranston isn’t totally done with playing villains on screen just yet. The Wrap reports the Breaking Bad alum has been cast opposite Naomi Watts and Edgar Ramirez in Errol Morris’ dark comedy Holland, Michigan.

Described as a “darkly humorous suburban thriller,” Holland, Michigan will see Watts as a teacher who begins to suspect that her mild-mannered husband (Cranston) may secretly be a serial killer, even as she begins an affair with a man (Ramierz) with his own violent past.

Documentary filmmaker Morris is making his feature directorial debut on this, which sounds sorta Fargo-esque, and it certainly seems like Cranston should nail it, having spent 5 seasons living a criminal double life on Breaking Bad. Though I’m sensing this character may be creepier rather than badass.

Seth Rogen And Even Goldberg To Bring The Video Game Console Wars Of the 90s To The Big Screen

1170481 - The End Of The World

Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg seem to be making a transition from comedies to full-on geekdom (remember, they’re also doing the Preacher series) as Book Trade reports the two are looking to write and direct an adaptation of non-fiction book Console Wars, about the 1990s competition between start-up game console company Sega and industry giant Nintendo.

Rogen and Goldberg will be adapting the screenplay from CONSOLE WARS: Sega, Nintendo and the Battle that Defined a Generation, the Blake Harris book that will be published this August. Scott Rudin will produce the film.

The book’s publisher, Toby Mundy, says:

Blake Harris’s amazing book has all the narrative drama of the work of Michael Lewis and Ben Mezrich. It should appeal to gamers and non-gamers alike.

Mezrich, of course, wrote The Accidental Billionaires about the founders of Facebook, which ultimately became David Fincher’s (and Rudin’s) The Social Network, while Lewis wrote Moneyball, also produced by Rudin. Sensing a theme here.

Look forward to both.

Last edited:
It's excellent.

It's one of my favorites and I was planning on watching it again after PSH's death.

Is there a gif of the guy at :08?
This dude's facial expression has me dying!

12 Years a Slave lived up to the hype for sure.

Michael Fassbender and Chiwetel Ejiofor put on amazing performances :pimp:

It's excellent.

It's one of my favorites and I was planning on watching it again after PSH's death.

I never watched it, because Kate Hudson, but yeah...I kept hearing people bring it up cuz of PSH.

Is it just his part that's good, or the whole thing?

and 12 Years was pretty amazing. I gotta watch again, because so much of it was not what I expected the film to be at. all.

The whole thing is good.. I'm not a Kate Hudson fan by any means, but she's great in it.

It's just a cool movie.

About a quarter through Disconnect. My god this movie is amazing.

Just finished. Wow .. Just wonderful acting throughout. Nice to see Skarsgard in this film, really liked what he did in Generation Kill.

I didn't even hear about this movie til someone posted it's title a couple days ago.

Makes me wonder what films I've missed out on :nerd: :smh:

Just peeped because of all of y'all talking about it and was thoroughly impressed.

Jason Bateman was really great, Paula Patton too. Really loved the Slo-mo/moment of realization scene at the end but many great shots throughout.

Even Marc Jacobs was good :lol:

Surprised the movie didn't get better reviews, it was a bit predictable in some aspects but not enough to take away from the overall film

The whole thing is good.. I'm not a Kate Hudson fan by any means, but she's great in it.

It's just a cool movie.

Agree. My personal favorite Cameron Crowe movie. Everyone is good in it. Even the kid who plays the lead, who isn't a great actor, fits his part well. Frances McDormand and Jason Lee stand out for me too , along with PSH.

*Edit - another thing that adds to my enjoyment level with Almost Famous is that a lot of it is based on Crowe's real experiences as a rock journalist, following bands around. Like, some of the stuff that happens in the film are recreations or at least approximations of stuff that went on with Led Zepplin, etc. Since I'm a fan of some of those bands, its cool to see.

Last edited:
Almost Famous is one of my top 5 favorite films of all time. Every time I catch it on television, I always tune in no matter what part is on. It's easily Kate Hudson's best part to date, it's actually disappointing to see how good she is in this and just not do anything else worth seeing for the rest of her career. I'd add Crudup as a standout in this film too along with PSH and McDormand. Anybody who is a fan of 70's rock should love this film and the part playing the Elton John song is a scene that's always just stuck with me.

Anybody who is a fan of 70's rock should love this film and the part playing the Elton John song is a scene that's always just stuck with me.

Yep. I can't hear Tiny Dancer without immediately thinking of that scene in the movie.

Back
Top Bottom