Older Niker Talkers 30+

I'm 25 but would like to contribute something

Alot of you older heads post count to join date ratio is phenomenal.

I understand tho, I post less and less as I get older. I enjoy lurking and reading up on what others post.

I can never leave NT.

I'm a late bloomer, my post count was relatively low until a few years ago. Now I look at it and go 
eek.gif

turning 37 this June ... lurked for a good 2 years before finally joining in 2002

I probably own the least # of post count for a member that's been here for 12 years ... kinda of the topic but if I had to do a NT reunion, I'd gather ALL the attendees from from NorCal Summit 7 including myself ... and do it all over again - same place, same venue, same everything ... one of the dopest, if not the best, Summit ever held

last time I went hard in terms of collection was when the DMP package released & that was over 8 years ago ... been married since w/ 3 wonderful kids & a rather content life ... I still lurk once in a great while but hardly post

Man, I def miss the good o'le days of NT ... then General Forum now goes up to 3 to 4 pages at most when before if I skip not going through NT over the weekend, it'll exceed the 20 page limit by the time I view early the following week ... GOOD TIMES, nonetheless

33. Been lurking since 01 in the community college libraries. Finally decided to post couple yrs ago. Thought online contact with strangers was weird back then.
Boy was I wrong. Love this place regarding the ignorance, knowledge and definitely the laughs...

Turn 36 next month..Been here for 10 yrs., 8 of those as a member..The changes in NT and the sneaker community is so different..Kids these days only get hyped if something is limited edition..I remember breaking necks with my OG AM 90 Infrareds when I was 12, but I don't get a second glance wearing my DQM Bacon 90's nowadays..:smh: ..The times they are a changin'..

BTW, I also Barry Gordy's The Last Dragon, and Breakin', in the movie theater..:nthat:

Just turned 36. That Kobe Pacquiao age. 1990's hip hop and Streetwear/urban gear golden era :smokin through out Hughschool.

You know you are old when brands like Ecko, Triple 555 Soul and Cybertek were the only street wear brands at the time. Hell, I even throw in GAT and of course Stussy and Mossimo.

Whats up old folks, still here after 13-14 years..I don't understand the kick game today, way too many colorways and releases. I've slowly stopped purchasing sneakers but still enjoy the OGs. It's a new era, but I was glad to be part of the late 90s/early 00's when retros were starting to make a come back.

Turn 36 next month..Been here for 10 yrs., 8 of those as a member..The changes in NT and the sneaker community is so different..Kids these days only get hyped if something is limited edition..I remember breaking necks with my OG AM 90 Infrareds when I was 12, but I don't get a second glance wearing my DQM Bacon 90's nowadays..:smh: ..The times they are a changin'..

BTW, I also Barry Gordy's The Last Dragon, and Breakin', in the movie theater..:nthat:
It's hilarious that these kids only care about hype and limited now.. They will pay a arm and a leg for em too :lol:
**** done changed

i turn 30 in september... stopped collecting last year

pretty much just read NT at work or during big games

turning 37 this June ... lurked for a good 2 years before finally joining in 2002

I probably own the least # of post count for a member that's been here for 12 years ... kinda of the topic but if I had to do a NT reunion, I'd gather ALL the attendees from from NorCal Summit 7 including myself ... and do it all over again - same place, same venue, same everything ... one of the dopest, if not the best, Summit ever held

last time I went hard in terms of collection was when the DMP package released & that was over 8 years ago ... been married since w/ 3 wonderful kids & a rather content life ... I still lurk once in a great while but hardly post

Man, I def miss the good o'le days of NT ... then General Forum now goes up to 3 to 4 pages at most when before if I skip not going through NT over the weekend, it'll exceed the 20 page limit by the time I view early the following week ... GOOD TIMES, nonetheless

I wonder who would show if we through another summit?

I'd try to invite some old heads and I'm sure they'd show.

Turned 31 last Friday , been here since I was 20 . Time flying is an understatement .

Last edited:
My only regret is not joining sooner and lurking general sooner. I been online looking for kicks since 2000-2001 and it's amazing how I never came across NT until 04 
mean.gif

Turning 31 in November.

I still attract the PYTs and I don't look my age :pimp:

should to all the fellow OGs :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom