Older Niker Talkers 30+

I keep telling myself that I'll stay collecting until one of my sons' (13 about to turn 14 and 8 ) feet reach my size (12).

RIght now they're at 9.5 and 7. We'll see... :lol:

Last edited:
I don't think I'll ever stop buying completely. I certainly don't buy at the pace that I used to, (not that I went absolutely nuts, but I was always a selective buyer). If you're real about kicks, it's just a part of you that won't go away. The younger cats that just got on to kicks, seem to have gotten into them for the wrong reasons imo. It's no use arguing with them, I just give em straight facts when some of them want to talk about kicks that they have no knowledge of. S/O to Professor K 
nthat.gif

Just turned 34 back in March. Found this site in 05 right when the bandaids came out. Been lurking (I hardly post) ever since. I'm mostly in the general forum now, but every now and then I check the sb or jordan forums. Back in the day I probably purchased 10-20 shoes a year, now it's more like 2-3.

I have to say though....one of the best I have ever done for myself is stop collecting or getting shoes that I can realistically get. I used to trip hard not getting certain shoes back in the hay day but now, I seriously just don't have passion to do it now. Also making decent money now helps a lot too. I literally don't even mind paying resellers prices for shoes.

Money over Honey.

30 years old, wife and a kid: been having a SERIOUS debate to unload my 100+ collection and trim it down to my top 10 shoes...

from here on out, if I add one to the collection, one must go

I have been calculating how often I can even rock sneakers and its maybe 8 times a month... which means I am wearing some shoes only a few times a year, and then when Dikembe MuCrumble comes out I question "was it worth it?"

thoughts from my fellow elders?

32 and still on niketalk... i still buy kicks but i toned it down a lot and thats why general is my favorite forum for now and sports is second

almost forgot my age :lol:

Last edited:
30 years old, wife and a kid: been having a SERIOUS debate to unload my 100+ collection and trim it down to my top 10 shoes...

I have been calculating how often I can even rock sneakers and its maybe 8 times a month... which means I am wearing some shoes only a few times a year, and then when Dikembe MuCrumble comes out I question "was it worth it?"

What you got in the stash? :nerd:

A few years until I check in. Will read this entire thread later. I remember when I used to see jumpman247 in the AIM chat room.

What you got in the stash? :nerd:

tons... and for some reason, I lost the love for Jordans so those may be the first to go

29 going on 30.

Definitely lost the love for sneakers when it became more about re-selling and not even about the shoes. Me and couple homies used to hit the mall up early, grab our pairs, grab some breakfast and enjoyed the rest of our Saturday. Then we started having to deal with tickets, raffles, bots online and all sorts of nonsense. The kids can have that now.

I don't really cop anymore; just a couple here and there that I may have missed along the way. If I do sell off my collection, I'll do like Renaldo Balkman Renaldo Balkman and keep my top 10. I only wear my kicks on weekends now anyways :smh:

29 going on 30.

Definitely lost the love for sneakers when it became more about re-selling and not even about the shoes. Me and couple homies used to hit the mall up early, grab our pairs, grab some breakfast and enjoyed the rest of our Saturday. Then we started having to deal with tickets, raffles, bots online and all sorts of nonsense. The kids can have that now.

I don't really cop anymore; just a couple here and there that I may have missed along the way. If I do sell off my collection, I'll do like Renaldo Balkman Renaldo Balkman and keep my top 10. I only wear my kicks on weekends now anyways :smh:

THIS...

the joy of the purchase, the experience of researching the shoe, waiting outside with a few others who had similar interest, and where those conversations lead... THAT was the fun of release days

now it's bots, twitter RSVP's, raffles, and the resell beast

34 going on 35.  I dont feel like the old man on here anymore.  I feel comfortable knowing people in my age range still out here buying sneakers.

34 here .... been here for 8 years now. Still love sneakers ... But love my 401K even better. Spent the past few years only checking out General threads. Somebody asked about saving money .... Yes, saving is great. If you are in your mid 20's and your job is offering free money, you must take advantage of that (unless you aren't able to save due to student loans or other liabilities/debts).

But you don't have to bank hard .... Definitely go have fun. You can't take money with you when you go, but you can start planning for the future on a small scale, while still playing.

Man I thought I was old to be on this board, but guess not. I'm 38 and I don't buy the new crap for me only for my kids.

Back
Top Bottom