Older NTers: What do you feel sucks more today compared to 20 years ago: music or movies?

xtapolapacetl

Banned
I can't decide between the two.

When I hear the music or see the movies that are made today, I feel like Stan from that recent South Park episode: Everything is %+$%. The only good remaining entertainment industry is video games, which have gotten better mainly due to advancements in technology.

I can't decide between the two.

When I hear the music or see the movies that are made today, I feel like Stan from that recent South Park episode: Everything is %+$%. The only good remaining entertainment industry is video games, which have gotten better mainly due to advancements in technology.

i would say music, especially hip hop/rap & R&B

90s was where all the classics came from

now, if there arent any new jay z, nas, kanye, ghostface or eminem, i wont bother with it

i would say music, especially hip hop/rap & R&B

90s was where all the classics came from

now, if there arent any new jay z, nas, kanye, ghostface or eminem, i wont bother with it

You know what?
Disregard my first comment.
When I clicked reply it REALLY hit me how wack music is right now.Movies aren't what they used to be either,but DAMN.

You know what?
Disregard my first comment.
When I clicked reply it REALLY hit me how wack music is right now.Movies aren't what they used to be either,but DAMN.

It's music by a mile. There have been some great movies in the last decade - but music is just a joke now. The stuff that is popular is just terrible. No ingenuity or novelty or even technical expertise like there used to be.

It's music by a mile. There have been some great movies in the last decade - but music is just a joke now. The stuff that is popular is just terrible. No ingenuity or novelty or even technical expertise like there used to be.

Through the years both industries have "sold out" the pursuit of money makes movies/music "watered down" in order to reach more audiences, which is ironic because the more you water something down the more you lose your audience. Music is about how many times you can play it, movies are about advertising dollars. The worst part is no matter what happens it'll eventually be taken over by money, this doesn't just apply to moves or music but art in general. Remember why Bob Dylan was big, Jimmy Hendrix etc. they were highly political, let an artist do that now (ex. Lupe Fiasco) and their album won't release. The responsability falls on us, the consumer.

Through the years both industries have "sold out" the pursuit of money makes movies/music "watered down" in order to reach more audiences, which is ironic because the more you water something down the more you lose your audience. Music is about how many times you can play it, movies are about advertising dollars. The worst part is no matter what happens it'll eventually be taken over by money, this doesn't just apply to moves or music but art in general. Remember why Bob Dylan was big, Jimmy Hendrix etc. they were highly political, let an artist do that now (ex. Lupe Fiasco) and their album won't release. The responsability falls on us, the consumer.

Out of the two....music definitely....

Both recycle and remake their genres but at least movies have the technology and special effects card whereas music doesn't...

Out of the two....music definitely....

Both recycle and remake their genres but at least movies have the technology and special effects card whereas music doesn't...

Back
Top Bottom