One of the best basketball games ever, but how many people actually saw it?

Originally Posted by thagreatj

Originally Posted by DL2352

Kobe's clutch 4 point play
pimp.gif

Fernandez was unbelievable. The poster on Dwight Howard was
sick.gif

you mean this??

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

First of all, way late on posting the article. Second, I'm on the west coast so it was no biggie staying up and watching it (11:30 pm). It was one of the best games I've ever seen. second, Bill slurped Spain way too much in that article. All we hear about is how much the world has caught up to the United states in basketball, and then we put a team out there against the world champions, and we're "shocked" and "embarrassed" by the fact these guys can run with us? I mean, what is it?

And the refs were god awful in that game, which makes it even more amazing that it was such a great experience. The game was great in spite of the horrid officiating.

I watched every minute of every game, although not live most of the time because they were on in the middle of the night. But that gold medal game was awesome. I was yelling a tthe TV almost that entire game. Kobe's 4-point play is one of the greatest clutch plays ever.

I still have the game on my DVR and downloaded it (I also have the 1992 gold medal game on my computer as well), so i'm never getting rid of it off my comp.

Was a great game. Any chance you want to pass on that link. A Brother needs a copy as well.

Of course watched it live.

It was just so entertaining from start to finish. The whole time I was thinking theres no damn way were about to lose this game. Kobe and Wade did the damnthing
pimp.gif

Oh and Ricky Rubio is going to be a problem when he gets in the L.

Yea i personally loved the game and can't believe it didn't catch more press, im not sure if its a top 10 ever game but it definitely was something tobe excited about. Kobe down the stretch in the 4th was a lot of fun to watch. I really couldnt believe what i was watching when Spain cut it down to 2 points,i mean Team USA had played pretty damn good all game and Spain thanks to some clutch shooting, especially from Rudy was only down 2!!

Then Kobe did, what Kobe does, and this time it was on one of the biggest stages in his life, sure Kobe didnt have the best overall Olympics, that nod goes toeither Lebron or DWade, but when all of it on the line, all of their reps, he rose to the occasion and plain and simple got it done.

Spain was outstanding in that game and i guess overall i was lucky enough to watch the game.

definitely one of the best. saw the rerun i think around 10am and watched it the whole ways. i couldnt believe the spaniards just would not go away. great gameindeed.

I was standing in my living room watching that entire game. I was waiting for that game for 4 years! I was literally screaming play after play, and shakingwhen Spain came within 2, and then Kobe came clutch, added the 2 runners, and the 4 pt play with the stare to the crowd was so sick. I was so happy that day,after seeing them get the gold medal baby.

One of the best games I've ever watched. You never see two teams where all the players were playing 100% as if it was March Madness at the pro level likethis. Do you guys realize that Spain had a legitimate shot at beating our best USA team since Dream Team? And that was without Calderon for the game and Rudy,who was an absolute beast, down the stretch.

But I was also very emotionally invested in this game.

Watched it. DVR'd it. i watched it last week again for like the third time. Amazing game. It made me cheer for Kobe, honest to goodness Kobe Bryant. and Ihate that bastard with a passion.

stayed up and watched the whole game with my brother and two cousins

we were going crazy when rudy denked on dwight

it was a great game

Awesome game!

I remember watching it at a lounge and did not pay attention to anything else but the game.

i did
pimp.gif
and i was very excited for this game...i remembered it as if itwas yesterday
pimp.gif
...my friend even had a party for it...we stayed up and itwas worth it very!!...words cant describe how this game was...throughout the game i thought we had the game in controL then in the 4th spain got back and thencut it to 2...man we were on pins and needLes...with a team with wade and Lebron and others i somehow knew kobe was gonna be the man put us on his back and myboy came through and he did not disappoint then he got that shush stance to shut spains hopes in fLames
pimp.gif
...im not a big wade fan but he was a force in the summer games...Lebron did histhing but fouL troubLe got him...props to the rest of the team i cant say enough and theyre appreciated and made our country proud...check the sig
pimp.gif
...too bad for the ones who didnt get to watch the game...must as weLL be game ofthe year
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by gko2408

One of the best games I've ever watched. You never see two teams where all the players were playing 100% as if it was March Madness at the pro level like this. Do you guys realize that Spain had a legitimate shot at beating our best USA team since Dream Team? And that was without Calderon for the game and Rudy, who was an absolute beast, down the stretch.

But I was also very emotionally invested in this game.

I was that way too, screamin and S!!!
surprised my grandma didnt come out
roll.gif

this guy probably didn't watch basketball until the Olympic. Top 10 games ? Cmon it's far from top 50
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

this guy probably didn't watch basketball until the Olympic. Top 10 games ? Cmon it's far from top 50
roll.gif

Someone's taking it a little too far...

This game is top 25 for sure. Wade gained plenty of respect from me during the Olympics and especially this game.

Wade was a freak during the Olympics. I loved watching the pros play when it looked like they actually cared.

The fact that it was on a world stage, and that nations were being represented in those two teams, makes this game a classic. I've watched basketball sinceI was a kid, and this was probably the best basketball win I've ever experienced as a fan considering the circumstances. This game solidified our position,once again, in the world as the best basketball nation. It's not about our cities team, or our one favorite player's team, it was a collective win andin dramatic fashion.

So maybe this game wasn't a top 10 game, but it was the top win I've ever experienced as a fan rooting for a team. It's closer to home whenyou're represented. Sure, anyone can root for MJ and be happy win he wins a championship, but they won't feel that win as much as fans from Chicago. ToBulls fans Mike is their dude on THEIR team. This was the best game I've ever experienced as a fan because those were my guys on MY team that won that@$#+. Yeah we fell off, but we're back +%@%+%@. People still talking about how Spain didn't have all their guys... We didn't even send some of ourbest players out their.

I watched every team usa game except for 1.

I really don't think it was one of the best games ever. And honestly, I think it's far from it.

Spain never had the lead. Unless they maybe did in the opening minutes.

The game was decided before last minute/possession which should be a part of any "greatest game ever"

The refs OD'd with the calls.

This is one game that I did not DVR...and I really don't regret it.

I also didn't DVR the giants/pats superbowl, and I think about how stupid I was to not record that every sunday of the football season. THAT was a classicgame.

Back
Top Bottom