Opinions on the Jordan Columbia XI

i have to agree...wear what u like...but along with many others who already said it...the yellowing on the PL just kills it for me....if there was a fresh pairit would be something i would seriously consider droppin mad cash on

Most definately my favorite XI, but like everybody is saying, not only do the soles yellow fast but the white patent leather as well. It's a hot hot shoe,just super hard to keep in good condition, I've been thru 3 pair's........I just couldn't keep 'em DS.

Recently purchased a pair of VVVNDS columbia's from someone on ISS. I was VERY surprised when they had minor yellowing of the soles and NO YELLOWING of thepatent.

Wore them to the Chicago summit this past weekend.

Only pic I have- posted a pic to show my friend:

4897_1128179802219_1158900340_30563449_3541497_n.jpg

IMO Columbia's are an amazing looking shoes....when the patent is still somewhat white and the soles icy. I have 2 pair now and I wont have any more. Theyare 3rd on my list of XI's. Behind concords and cool greys.

Originally Posted by the12the22the32the4

They're great when DS, but they are one of those that look awful when they get worn. I can deal with a non-icey sole, but the yellowed patent leather just really hurts the shoe for me.

Yup that just about sums it up.

I personally love Columbia XI's, but prices for a DS pair without yellowing are outrageous. I just can't see my self dropping a couple of bills on ashoe than have the heart to wear them knowing that they are going to yellow.

Hopefully JB retros them sooner or later even though they'll manage to screw them up some how.

Truly one of a kind IMO. Can't ever go wrong with the most sophisticated shoe I'd say. I still have my retro Columbias DS with seran wrap and Ziplocked. Still wont stop the yellowing but still look too dope! Have one up for grabs if any are interested. Cop a pair bro! You wont go wrong!

Well I copped a pair and they weren't perfect when I got em I mean PL was in ok condition not overly yellow more like vanilla and seaglowing the bottomscurrently..thanks for the opinions NT and they are growing on me

IMO, i think they're really underrated.

when referring to XIs, everybody wants space jams, concords, or black/red joints, but rarely will anybody mention the columbias.

i got a pair for sale on the other site right now as we speak.

i love my columbias, but i'm selling them because i know regardless of what i do its inevitable the patent leather is going to yellow and i've gonethrough a few pairs of columbias in the past where the patent leather turns yellow and it isn't a pretty thing.

^^^^ That's why I sold my pair last summer because of the yellow patent. Besides that these are untouchable when you first get them. If they would havemade the Concords with leather instead of mesh
pimp.gif

Columbia XI are nice
But I'd chose Concords over them anyday
But cop what you like, it's your taste and your cash

If you like them den cop a pair but the only problem is the yellowing.I would get the bred or concord xi's and wait for the space jam release.

Columbias aren't columbias without the blue outsole. Retro outsole is the wrong color and ogs yellow like crazy. If and when they do retro with a blueoutsole quality will be lacking. You can't win.

Back
Top Bottom