Oregon Jordan 5s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 2 oregon players got suspended for selling their 5s? I thought it was only the football team that gets them.

All kinds of jumping to conclusions around here, let me help, got a friend who works in NCAA compliance at Oregon. The players actually sold PE J's they got last year. As you can imagine, a sneaker head tracked them down and offered them big time money for them. Wrong for them to take the offer. Then the buyer decided to sell the shoes for a much higher price on eBay. Shame on both parties to be honest. Lots of wrong here. But unfortunately the athletes are the only ones who get punished.

All kinds of jumping to conclusions around here, let me help, got a friend who works in NCAA compliance at Oregon. The players actually sold PE J's they got last year. As you can imagine, a sneaker head tracked them down and offered them big time money for them. Wrong for them to take the offer. Then the buyer decided to sell the shoes for a much higher price on eBay. Shame on both parties to be honest. Lots of wrong here. But unfortunately the athletes are the only ones who get punished.
That's wack tho. I can't stand the NCAA for their stupid rules. Kids did nothing wrong by selling shoes from the previous year. 

What's wrong did the reseller do? Lol break sneakerhead code?

All of these "exclusive" oregon editions are wack as heck in my opinion. Give me an original color way any day of the week over these gimmicks. 

There's nothing funny about that. They should be able to sell their gear and two if it wasn't for that cock sucker Air Andy bragging, Dominic Artis and the other player wouldn't have got caught. The worst part about it is that he's blaming them and calling them idiots, but I bet they weren't idiots when he was begging them to sell them. We saw what happened to AJ Green and Terrelle Pryor for selling their stuff. The least he could have done was keep it on the low so that he didn't get jammed up. Y'all sneaker cats and this generation of people in general take no responsibility or accountability what y'all do.

Actually, I find it hilarious that sneakers have these kinds of implications, good or bad.

I don't know who Air Andy is, nor do I care.

Responsibility for what I do? I buy sneakers that I like. Nothing more, nothing less. I have no idea when or why sneakers began to bare a responsibility or accountability.

Are you one of the players? Or one of their teammates? My post seemed to have hit a nerve...It wasn't intended to be at all serious.

2 players on the Ducks basketball squad already got suspended for selling their kicks.

...when reselling goes wrong. LOL.
Heck, I can't blame them one bit.  If my school gave me fugly *** kicks like the ones the OP posted.  I'd sell them in a heart beat. 

I've personally never understood the big deal with the students selling their kicks if they don't want them anymore. The school has no use for them, and they've already given them to the students anyways. 
mean.gif
Reminds me of Disney World and them not wanting employees to get rid of the free tickets they get.

That's wack tho. I can't stand the NCAA for their stupid rules. Kids did nothing wrong by selling shoes from the previous year. 

Actually it is wrong. You're not supposed to be paid to play college athletics.

They probably get a couple of pairs of PE's a year. The Oregon III's and IV's go for well over a thousand dollars. So if you're a college kid, do you want to go to the school that you can get a scholarship AND a few thousand dollars in your pocket each year?

It got to be the 4s they sold.

Why not IV's and IX's?

What's wrong did the reseller do? Lol break sneakerhead code?

Hard for me to prove what the reseller did wrong. Perhaps that's just my morals versus yours. Not going to argue it. Just understand that I felt it was wrong. Wrong for both parties of course.

I see the issue from the NCAA standpoint being that a school could promise a recruit that they'll be better of financially at that school because they'll be provided more valuable gear to sell, when compared to another school. There in lies a competitive advantage for a school like Oregon that has those Nike resources. I believe that's a reason why the NCAA is all over these offenses.

Plenty of schools have competitive advantages that the NCAA can't touch. Weather, girls, academics, etc. When the NCAA sees an advantage they can control, they pounce on it.

man as a former NCAA athlete.. me and my homies sold stuff online all the time. No dambs given. we needed the paper

Your post didn't hit a nerve. I was speaking on the situation and the state of the culture in general. What happened to respecting your connect? Seems lost in this social media fueled generation. Real cats know. This is what it comes down to in this scenario.

Last edited:

Actually it is wrong. You're not supposed to be paid to play college athletics.

They probably get a couple of pairs of PE's a year. The Oregon III's and IV's go for well over a thousand dollars. So if you're a college kid, do you want to go to the school that you can get a scholarship AND a few thousand dollars in your pocket each year?
Giving them shoes is not paying them. So you saying that they are getting paid is wrong. Now, if you said selling gear for extra money, that's more on target. Now, that being said, this stuff goes on ALL the time. We see all examples that have gone on. What you stated is the ideal of collegiate athletics, but let's not sit here and pretend that everyone plays by the rules because they damn well don't.  I don't see a problem with selling a pair occasionally, but if they're requesting shoes constantly to sell, then that's different. But if you have 4 pairs of kicks and you don't like one pair and someone offered you money, I don't see an issue in that, but of course the stupid NCAA does. If that's the case, then don't allow gear to be made like that, but the NCAA can't regulate that. So, the beat goes on...

Giving them shoes is not paying them. So you saying that they are getting paid is wrong. Now, if you said selling gear for extra money, that's more on target. Now, that being said, this stuff goes on ALL the time. We see all examples that have gone on. What you stated is the ideal of collegiate athletics, but let's not sit here and pretend that everyone plays by the rules because they damn well don't.  I don't see a problem with selling a pair occasionally, but if they're requesting shoes constantly to sell, then that's different. But if you have 4 pairs of kicks and you don't like one pair and someone offered you money, I don't see an issue in that, but of course the stupid NCAA does. If that's the case, then don't allow gear to be made like that, but the NCAA can't regulate that. So, the beat goes on...

It is essentially paying them, if they know they can turn around and sell them for a couple of thousand. Like I said, if you're a college kid. You have a choice of a full ride at Washington versus a full ride at Oregon. You know if you go to Oregon you can make $10,000 like the guy who hosted you during your recruiting visit. What do you do? It's a clear recruiting advantage.

Terrelle Pryor at Ohio State got suspended 5 games for exchanging his stuff for tattoos.

When they started doing it, the sneaker culture wasn't like it is now, so they'll probably address it. Maybe have kicks without the schools logo.

Why not IV's and IX's?

Cause the basketball team didnt get the IXs

the IXs was given to the football team when they went to the national championship in 2010 as a travel shoe

View media item 644883View media item 644884View media item 644885

The basketball team got the "white" Oregon 4s aka the Duckmans last go round

Black Oregon 3s - Given to students in the "Pit Crew" a group of students that go to all the Oregon sporting events and go all out for the team cheering n team spirit

also some athletes go them as well with out the "Pit Crew" logo on the side

White Oregon 3s - Given to the basketball players

Black Oregon IXs - Given to the football team as a travel shoe for the BCS national championship

Black Oregon 4s - Given to the football team and its staff

White Oregon 4s - Given to the basketball team and its staff

Green Oregon 5s - Given to the football team and staff

equipment managers and teams get 100s of just one shoe so there is ALWAYS extras and those ALWAYS happen to disappear

What about these

air-jordan-ix-oregon-state-new-images-01.jpg

Thats Oregon St not OREGON

I dont know what goes on with the Beavers. I only keep up with Oregon.

the players who got caught was Oregon players not Oregon ST players

Last edited:
Aahhhh the equpment managers! LOL Theres a couple of pro player PE's online for sale as we speak. Must be the equipment manager since they play for the same team. That green is garbage, and I love green, don't know why anybody would want them anyway!

It is essentially paying them, if they know they can turn around and sell them for a couple of thousand. Like I said, if you're a college kid. You have a choice of a full ride at Washington versus a full ride at Oregon. You know if you go to Oregon you can make $10,000 like the guy who hosted you during your recruiting visit. What do you do? It's a clear recruiting advantage.

Terrelle Pryor at Ohio State got suspended 5 games for exchanging his stuff for tattoos.

When they started doing it, the sneaker culture wasn't like it is now, so they'll probably address it. Maybe have kicks without the schools logo.
I'll just agree to disagree on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom