Organizing iTunes (help me!)

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

15,523 files, 101.7 GB due to FLAC files

Itunes would take an eternity, MediaMonkey is the only program that can handle my catalog
c8d16144b9d6daa3b8ab3d63a325dcc4a70bfc8b.png

OCD is a great thing when it comes to organizing iTunes
roll.gif
Like, who thehell has an 'Arizona Hip-Hop' playlist, right?

Now one question I have is about organizing artists. As you can see, my J-Dilla album is doubled. I can't get 'E=MC2' to get with the rest of theDilla album. I've edited the artist, featuring artist, and album. And I can't get it to join w/ the rest of the album.

Originally Posted by khadafi252

Now one question I have is about organizing artists. As you can see, my J-Dilla album is doubled. I can't get 'E=MC2' to get with the rest of the Dilla album. I've edited the artist, featuring artist, and album. And I can't get it to join w/ the rest of the album.

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH AN AUDIOSLAVE ALBUM. I have checked and double and triple checked everything to make sure it's right but can't figure outfor the life of me why it does it.

ANYBODY KNOW????

I don't even use grid view because of it.
frown.gif
I was going to deleteand re-import and see if anything changed but I don't want to. I want to get to the root of the problem and fix it.
laugh.gif

This just happened, you got to make sure everything is EXACTLY the same. I had an AZ song that wouldn't go with the rest of my albums simply because itsaid "Az" and the rest said "AZ"

If you're having trouble getting all the songs lined up in one album on iTunes, just add some stuff to the info. Like 'album number' put 1/1 forall the songs. Then delete the album number if you want, and if it screws the songs back up just change stuff around and mess with it like that. I had a DeathCab album that wouldn't sync together so I'd see 2 albums with the songs split and that's how I eventually got them to work together.

Originally Posted by 18key

If you're having trouble getting all the songs lined up in one album on iTunes, just add some stuff to the info. Like 'album number' put 1/1 for all the songs. Then delete the album number if you want, and if it screws the songs back up just change stuff around and mess with it like that. I had a Death Cab album that wouldn't sync together so I'd see 2 albums with the songs split and that's how I eventually got them to work together.
I've done all of that. It's on 2 songs out of the 15. I don't understand SMH.
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

If you're having trouble getting all the songs lined up in one album on iTunes, just add some stuff to the info. Like 'album number' put 1/1 for all the songs. Then delete the album number if you want, and if it screws the songs back up just change stuff around and mess with it like that. I had a Death Cab album that wouldn't sync together so I'd see 2 albums with the songs split and that's how I eventually got them to work together.
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
sick.gif

try deleting all of the info and start from scratch.. this happens to me every now and then.. but said method works every time.

I have a question for you guys. What's the easiest way to keep everything when transferring computers or when you re-format? I plan to format my entirehard drive in about a week or 2. I already have most of my music on an external. What's the best way to keep my iTunes? Do I just export playlist, savethat file to my external, load it up and it will work and have everything saved (I'll obviously keep my songs in the same folder/directory so iTunesrecognizes where the file is)

Is this the way to go about it?

Originally Posted by proper english

ohwell.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
sick.gif

try deleting all of the info and start from scratch.. this happens to me every now and then.. but said method works every time.
THANK YOU. WORKED FINE!

You the man.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yura, i'm pretty sure if you just point your iTunes to the new drive and consolidate it will be the easiest way to get the job done. I'm no expert as IJUST learned how to do this but that was a sure fire way and no hassle at all. The worst part was the transfer time.

Excellent thread, I do a lot of the things posted in this thread already by instinct though
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

15 GB of music, I thought I had a lot but some of you
sick.gif
sheesh

Damn I didn't realize how much Album Artwork I had missing until I went through my grid view.

What's the best way to get this done? Does the feature on iTunes work well Or is there a better method? I've got all the track info and stuff just noartwork.

Nah, that feature is trash. It might be the old school way, but I type the album name in google images and drag to iTunes.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Nah, that feature is trash. It might be the old school way, but I type the album name in google images and drag to iTunes.
I guess I could just drag and drop for a few of the singles that I have that don't have album artwork. Wouldn't be too hard since I havetwo monitors.
ohwell.gif

man, I got 30k songs + around 120gb on the hd. I've had to go thru that several times. Whenever I lose my music due to computer crashing (its backed up onan external hard drive), for some reason, it comes back as doubles, triples or quadruples. I have to manually go thru and delete them all. So it looks as if ihad like 250gb of music and when Im done its like at 120. Mine is IMMACULATE. I do everything by artist. If a track is featuring someone, that goes in the songtitle. my ipod's gotta be on point. I fix these errors when I import a new cd/download. I have NOT listened to everything on there, it would be impossibleto. Just like other people wrote, I look for a song by a certain artist and just download the torrent of their entire discography. I mean, Why not? The onlythings I haven't really messed with because it would be so time consuming would be the genres(because I don't look up my music that way) and certainalbums I do not have the album covers, but that's the least of my worries. I always look things up by the artist name or album name, I don't need thepicture to look it up.

I'm trying to get an album on my iTunes but for some reason it won't let me add it. It's a Lossless Flac version. Is there a reason it won'tload? Even when I try to do it by file instead of folder, or by right clicking it and opening with iTunes.. it just won't load

Damn I didn't realize how much Album Artwork I had missing until I went through my grid view.

What's the best way to get this done? Does the feature on iTunes work well Or is there a better method? I've got all the track info and stuff just no artwork.
wiki1.png

wink.gif
You'll thank me later. My updated stats: 4804 songs, 12.2 days, 25.53 GB Movies: 18 items, 1.2 days 14.74 GB

Back
Top Bottom