Original AJ XI November 1995

it was good when eastbay put all the heat on the same page. i knew exactly what page to turn to everytime, no need to go through the entire catalog. noweastbay has no heat whatsoever.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by mks33

mannnn... i remember when i bought the OG concords.. my stepmom picked me up from school after basketball practice.. i was a on the freshman basketball team. i picked them up at this spot called Shoe-Teria in norwalk, ca. i agree with a lot of you guys on the hate issue.. a LOT of people hated on them at school the next day.. asking if they were tap-dancing shoes and what not.. i actually wore em to games and people would look at me like i was crazy.

1995 man.. what a year.

Yeah when I got the OG BREDS in high school and wore them, I remember this kid in class saying, "Man those are ugly!". He also called them spaceboots. Two weeks later he goes, "Man those shoes are nice man, I really like them now and need to get a pair!". Beauty unravels later then it doesfor some, it was love at first sight for me.

I remember this Eastbay, and I may still have it somewhere.

I got my OG pair of Concords (REST IN PEACE) at Navy Exchange in San Diego in December '95 for $94.99.

I got my Retro pairs (four of them total) on release day at the same store 5 years later for the same price.

wow if that was the catalog today, i would cop 80% of the shoes on those two pages alone. man if i was old enough to buy stuff back in the day, and 89.99? wow.

anyone know the Nike shoe that is on the left page middle row all the way left? it has the cartoon christmas ornament in the pic with it.

96-97 NBA/NCAA seasons was the best year for shoes. Jordan 11s, Penny 1s, Air Max Uptempos, Foamposite ones! Done!

lol im ******ed...i had these shoes back in 95-96 i been tryin to think of but cant for the life of me. black shoe with white strap over the middle of thelaces. i keep thinkin like nike air turmoil or somethin.

$89.99? I remember seeing a FSR of Powder Xs at Sportmart for $49.99. Those were the days.

To this day I have never seen OG Shadows with a toe cap. Never.

2zi98j9.jpg

mug4rt.jpg

As for LWPs, I'd love some Agassi Tech Challenge LWPs or Penny Air Gos, but I bet they would put out some trash, based on the ATC retros.

Man I use to love Eastbay back then, they would allow you to preorder up until the Columbia XI's retroed...

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

$89.99? I remember seeing a FSR of Powder Xs at Sportmart for $49.99. Those were the days.

To this day I have never seen OG Shadows with a toe cap. Never.

2zi98j9.jpg

mug4rt.jpg

As for LWPs, I'd love some Agassi Tech Challenge LWPs or Penny Air Gos, but I bet they would put out some trash, based on the ATC retros.

Those shadows are beautiful, im getting flashbacks of copping for 80 bucks at footlocker and basketball camp. What size are they?

Oh man... Shawn Kemp's reebok.. Shaq's....
And, if I'm not wrong, is that Jerry Stackhouse's Fila?

Originally Posted by spizike231

Originally Posted by seinfeld4

wow dont forget the X on DISCOUNT!
eek.gif

fa3knt.jpg

the toe cap on the shadows were probably the cause of the re-call that Tinker was talking about in the Interview for Sole Collector. MJ wanted a clean toe box. That might be why they were on discount.
Yea, MJ definitely wanted a clean toebox. Probably discounted due to that. I agree.

Back
Top Bottom