Osama Bin Laden is dead

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by whiterails

You made a valid point. 
What we view as "collateral damage", others view as murder. What we view as murder ( 9/11) victims, others view as collateral damage (attacking the enemy's infrastructure; Pentagon and the WTC). 

It's relative. 

If these "others" view the victims of terrorism as "collateral damage", they are morons.  Al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups attack civilians intentionally as a way of promoting terror and fear.   The civilians and their emotional well-being are their direct targets.  The buildings themselves are incidental.  Collateral damage is defined as unintended damage....not the case here.

Not quite.How many hijackers were there? If they simply wanted to kill civilians then they would've sent out each hijacker as a suicide bomber to public places and killed people that way.They targeted the WTC, Pentagon, and the Capitol building to make a point. It was symbolic.
Indeed.   The high-profile targets were attacked as symbols, but I think the people inside them were seen as additional targets rather than collateral damage.   
However, in the case of other terrorist attacks in public places, the infrastructure itself is the collateral damage rather than the civilians.

Originally Posted by whiterails

You made a valid point. 
What we view as "collateral damage", others view as murder. What we view as murder ( 9/11) victims, others view as collateral damage (attacking the enemy's infrastructure; Pentagon and the WTC). 

It's relative. 

If these "others" view the victims of terrorism as "collateral damage", they are morons.  Al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups attack civilians intentionally as a way of promoting terror and fear.   The civilians and their emotional well-being are their direct targets.  The buildings themselves are incidental.  Collateral damage is defined as unintended damage....not the case here.

Not quite.How many hijackers were there? If they simply wanted to kill civilians then they would've sent out each hijacker as a suicide bomber to public places and killed people that way.They targeted the WTC, Pentagon, and the Capitol building to make a point. It was symbolic.
Indeed.   The high-profile targets were attacked as symbols, but I think the people inside them were seen as additional targets rather than collateral damage.   
However, in the case of other terrorist attacks in public places, the infrastructure itself is the collateral damage rather than the civilians.

Originally Posted by swendro88

Originally Posted by JD214

Originally Posted by NubianDisaster

I don't think they should release the pictures. It isn't right IMO.

It's the only way to show if he's really dead or ducktales.

But if he's not dead won't he release a video to let us know? Surely he would not sit back and allow the USA to proclaim victory over him.

But if they say he's dead why would he be stupid enough to come out? I mean they said he's dead they'll stop looking for him and he can just keep living life.

Nobody really took the W, Al Qaeda did what they wanted, They say they took the W, We say we "killed Bin Laden", We say we took the W. Nobody wins.

Originally Posted by swendro88

Originally Posted by JD214

It's the only way to show if he's really dead or ducktales.

But if he's not dead won't he release a video to let us know? Surely he would not sit back and allow the USA to proclaim victory over him.

But if they say he's dead why would he be stupid enough to come out? I mean they said he's dead they'll stop looking for him and he can just keep living life.

Nobody really took the W, Al Qaeda did what they wanted, They say they took the W, We say we "killed Bin Laden", We say we took the W. Nobody wins.

Anderson Cooper for President 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

I remember being 10 watching live footage of people leaping 80 floors then splat in the middle of the street like tomatoes. You tell me what isnt right.

I want to see ALL pictures released and hopefully they leak some photographs that can seal the deal on any speculation

qft

people have been getting on my nerves this week. some dude in one of my classes was talkin about how obama should be put on trial for allowing a murder to happen since osama didn't have weapons on him.     i normally let people say what they say,  but i told him in front of the entire class and professor that he was a F'ing idiot and that his mother should've swallowed him.  dudes were looking like
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

I remember being 10 watching live footage of people leaping 80 floors then splat in the middle of the street like tomatoes. You tell me what isnt right.

I want to see ALL pictures released and hopefully they leak some photographs that can seal the deal on any speculation

qft

people have been getting on my nerves this week. some dude in one of my classes was talkin about how obama should be put on trial for allowing a murder to happen since osama didn't have weapons on him.     i normally let people say what they say,  but i told him in front of the entire class and professor that he was a F'ing idiot and that his mother should've swallowed him.  dudes were looking like
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kidposite

i don't understand why he was dumped in the sea so soon
obama himself said that he was "not a muslim leader"

so why did we quickly dispose of him with a "traditional" muslim burial (which wasn't even close to being traditional)?

and yes, i understand that his grave could become a shrine, but he could have been thrown to sea after a week or buried in a remote location

i'm a bit skeptical
Just because he wasn't a Muslim leader doesn't mean he wasn't a Muslim.

i don't understand why he was dumped in the sea so soon
obama himself said that he was "not a muslim leader"

so why did we quickly dispose of him with a "traditional" muslim burial (which wasn't even close to being traditional)?

and yes, i understand that his grave could become a shrine, but he could have been thrown to sea after a week or buried in a remote location

i'm a bit skeptical

Originally Posted by 2sappy

Good point. Let's treat all oil tycoon babies turned megalomaniac terrorists responsible for the death of thousands of innocent lives, including other Muslims, as proper Muslims, caring for their families while trying to make ends meet. Because he's totally comparable to the average, well-meaning and honest Muslim.
ohwell.gif

^^ You must have had the cal on you or you are a experienced mma fighter. Most people would have went up in your mouth talking like that.

Originally Posted by 2sappy

Good point. Let's treat all oil tycoon babies turned megalomaniac terrorists responsible for the death of thousands of innocent lives, including other Muslims, as proper Muslims, caring for their families while trying to make ends meet. Because he's totally comparable to the average, well-meaning and honest Muslim.
ohwell.gif

^^ You must have had the cal on you or you are a experienced mma fighter. Most people would have went up in your mouth talking like that.

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

no i just tend to say whatever i feel like saying regardless of who it pisses off or offends.   to be honest with you i've gotten in quite a fair share of altercations due to this mindset,  which i'll honestly admit i need to work on biting my tounge at times.  but dude in the class didn't do a damn thing, he was probably shocked plus i got about 50 pounds and 5-6 inches on him, but this dude has been talkin stupid stuff the entire semester

Back
Top Bottom