Outlet Alert: Air Jordan 8 "Bugs Bunny"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the leather so shiny though?

:rolleyes

Looks like there's two types of leather on this one. A softer leather for the straps and side panels, and another for the toe box (which appears to be that newer white leather they've been using with the clear coat finish).

I've been looking for a pair of '03s & CDPs for a while, but never got around to getting a pair.. Definitely can't wait for these. May even double up.

Does any one know if the inner sole will be similar to the '03s?

Clearly the toebox on these is a shinier leather, just like the toebox on the Orion VII, and the shinier leather on the WCIV and FR V. I can't wait for 30 pages of complaints about it either...

Why the leather so shiny though?

:rolleyes

It's the flash that's making them look shiny.

This. If anything, the leather looks pretty much the same as the '03's. It always had that shine to it. Passing on these, I kept my joints in good shape since '03. If anything, it's the red that's off on this shoe. It's too bright. The red from the '03's are a bit darker.

i could care less if theyre shiny. hell the cashier could even dip them in a vat of lip gloss and lotion, these will still be copped

Beat my 03's and most likely will be picking these up. As well as the playoffs.

VIIIs are one of those Jordan's they at least seem to keep some consistency on, same with VIIs. Like they'd really have to go out of their way to screw these up. Only issue so far has been the paint cracking on the midsole but it seems like most other J's the shape changes every release, the colors are all off, and 3M has become impossible to replicate (XIIIs)

VIIIs are one of those Jordan's they at least seem to keep some consistency on, same with VIIs. Like they'd really have to go out of their way to screw these up. Only issue so far has been the paint cracking on the midsole but it seems like most other J's the shape changes every release, the colors are all off, and 3M has become impossible to replicate (XIIIs)
I think they are being cheap and they don't want to put it on.... They can if they want but it would cut into their profit margin because they know all these thirsty kids will buy them anyway (I won't support that though).....

^^^Same here. I could have easily copped black/red XIII's as well as the last flint release. Aside from the red being too dark and dull, the lack of 3M just took away too much from the shoe. Same with the white/red XII's, I was looking forward to those as my favorite colorway but the red on those retros just took all the life out of the shoe.

My '03s and my playoff lows were in the trunk of my car when it was stolen. Missed the CDPs, definitely copping these.

I wonder when playoff 8 pics start surfacing.. were 3 or 4 months out and not even samples...

still have my CDPs crispy so will be definite passing

.... only want chrome 8s........

i have too many red/black shoes so passing on playoffs...  but will consider aquas closer to release

I'm sort of on the fence with these. I've never had a pair, but I'm not the biggest fan. I like durabuck VIII's better. I might have to see them in person. I think they'll be like the V's and be around for a second.

An 8 hasn't dropped since 2007, when there was a different type of crowd.

Wonder how folks will take these.

May see the same fate as the Fire Red 5s like Magic stated, and be available a few days after release.

Def excited about the 8's

Prob a lot of people's least fav but I hooped in these back during their OG days as a kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom