Overcoming our (your) own conditioning...?!? ... O_O

As I age, see my own faults and those of the world (which have helped create and shape my own) the conditioning and the systems we are place in become more and more evident.
Sometimes I find it very difficult to fight, how about y'all? Take sex for example, the media and other sources are rapidly and continually creating the way we view sex, and the sexes. Especially when seen through a child's perspective.

It tells us to go and LOOK your best, not BE your best, and to find the BEST looking counterpart, not necessarily the most appropriate, best fitting and most complimentary to your dynamic. 

We base everything on the way it glitters and shines and end up with cubic zirconium. Even this board is centered around a frivolous CULTure.

This pokes and prods my mind quite often but more so lately. 

I was with some friends and we were having the classic discussion...women.. and I said the words i've probably said a million times "*+++ #+@!%+%"...or "F____ B_____ES"

and I started wondering "W T F is wrong with me? I didn't even want to say that...in reality I don't even think that way"

Y'all ever feel, even momentarily, limited by your conditioning?

The good thing about being human is that...even though it is a difficult task, we can re-wire ourselves and re-program our programming.

Whys everything gotta be a debate nowadays? 
laugh.gif

I get what you mean but for some reason I just dont see conditioning as being the right word to use.

TroyMcClure i'm with you on this subject.

Fighting what you have been conditioned to do or think is definitely hard.

Right now I am fighting some serious issues with myself that has left me structurally as a man unsound.

^ you'll be all good man. combine the wisdom of rocky, tum tum and colt.

and
 eh i dont understand your censored words

it's what the world tells you to do before you "get money".

I know what you mean. I'm undergoing these evaluations as well. Maybe the problem is what you are exposing yourself to (friends, music, etc.) and refusing to alter the circumstances. It's probably the reason why I'll always be conditioned this way. *kanye shrug*

^ I feel yuh in what you said it's what you are exposed to or exposing yourself to. There's also a lot of subconscious work going on that the majority of people don't pick up on that basically manipulates their thoughts to the point of being the driver.

Short answer:

Meditation. It allows you to improve your sense of concentration and your sense of self.

I've been where you've been OP...throught meditation and
pimp.gif
...it's almost maddening when you realize how conditioned you've become...like a unknowing slave.

lol obviously was joking about week/weak.

and CaBron...pretty sure just focus on your breathing in a comfortable position while stoned to your favorite tunes.

If you are able to recognize your conditioning, you can overcome it.

It is those who don't realize they are conditioned that I feel sorry for.

gotta unplug yourself from the matrix, in which most are not ready to be unplugged. its a daily battle to unlearn 99% of the bull that you are taught.

I struggle with these "CONDITIONED" thoughts daily to the point my head hurts and i have to go to sleep.

We have gifts and talents, but what is our TRUE purpose??

The world sells the dream to GET MONEY.....but whats after that? Numerous people are wealthy but still unhappy and unsatisfied.

Good topic Troy M.

The Matrix analogy is one I use often too.
While I was driving to the gym earlier...I was thinking about how i'm going to be super tight on my bills this week, and probably be broke for a week.

1 minute after that I came to a thought that I frequently arrive at: money is stress.

I think that...I KNOW that I need it, but do I truly need it?

We are thrown into this flawed system and forced to live it out. The mouse in the maze chasing the cheese.

I always remember the intro to Brown Skin Lady by Blackstar taken from the movie Chameleon Street..."I'm a victim of 400 years of conditioning. Even my conditioning has been conditioned." 

I feel it. Sometimes I guess because of how I grew up or the ones who came up around me, I tend to think or say things that I don't "think I feel" it's just so common now that it feels right. It's like I know what I know and how I view certain things but when things come up in a debate I would take the side of what I know over what I feel first. I know someone understands.

can you guys please explain this "conditioning" you speak of?

im interesado

Originally Posted by odog24

can you guys please explain this "conditioning" you speak of?

im interesado
Trained/Raised/Influenced to think a certain way

por ejemplo: every night you feed a stray dog in your neighborhood. you decide you will no longer feed the stray dog. even though you do not feed the dog he still shows up every night for food.
conditioned.

I think see what your saying...

I agree that we have all become conditioned to accept this "societal norm" and anything that isn't considered to be that is called weird or not acceptable

I guess the only way to really avoid it is to eliminate all outside influences/opinions when making choices or decisions.

The problem is that we/you can do this all you want, the problem is 99% of everbody else isnt going to do that or probably don't even have the mental strength to do it.

I think you can overcome it though. Having the right mindset of being open minded and asking the NEXT/RIGHT question when you do things or notice something off it can provide tremendous enlightenment IMO

Back
Top Bottom