Overrated vacation destinations

Dr is whack

If u going on vaca go to peru

Man! If you don't knock it off! Unless you just went to the DR/punta Cana and stayed in the resort the whole time like a lot of people do (don't ask me why) then maybe but that could go for anywhere.

I've never heard Honolulu called baby LA before ever. only thing that is remotely similar is the traffic.

Ok and what is LA mainly known for? I would have to say that Waikiki area is hella overrated it's like LA.2

I heard Vegas a few times in here. I have to say I will only agree if you go out there without a lot of money but if you are an adult male and have a lot of money (meaning what you spend will not hurt you) then in no way is it overrated. It is a lot of fun in that manner.

Oahu, Hawaii.  And I live here
laugh.gif
   I mentioned in a Hawaii vacation thread to avoid Oahu and visit the other islands. 

NYC is nice, but somewhat overrated.

Ocean City worst place ever. Couldn't pay me to go back.

Maryland or New Jersey. If the latter ur first mistake was calling a trip to jersey vacation. That ONLY applies to Cape May. Not the rest of that God forsake state.

If Maryland hmu papi I'll show u some fun ish to do next time.

Ocean City worst place ever. Couldn't pay me to go back.

Maryland or New Jersey. If the latter ur first mistake was calling a trip to jersey vacation. That ONLY applies to Cape May. Not the rest of that God forsake state.

If Maryland hmu papi I'll show u some fun ish to do next time.

Ocean City has 1 night club, 1 :lol: Was there about a month ago and only spot worth going to was Seacrets. Boardwalk is boring, same 4 or 5 shops after block. Sand sculptures were dope. Pissed I paid $20 for the unlimited pass at the Jolly Roger dip and then a tornado warning hit and they shut down before I got my money's worth :smh:

Anybody going to Atlantic City in 2015 deserves to be made a public spectacle :lol:

Disney World is what you make it. As u get older, u have to let go of your childhood fantasies of what it would be like to visit. Took my daughter to Magic Kingdom for her bday 2 years ago and I enjoyed it. The lines were the longest for the character autographs but other than that, it was decent. The place is what you make it.

I wanted to go to Venice before the whole place becomes Atlantis 2.0 but if it smells like bunghole, I'll pass and live vicariously through Assassin's Creed :lol:

OCMD is fine for me if there aren't many teenagers/young adults around...

the under 21-crowd can really take the fun out of the place though, they just roam around, asking people to buy beer and getting mad if you say no, just bored kids with nothing to do, no where to go so they hang out at the liquor store/gas station fronts or on the board walk...

Last edited:
Basically... as far as clubs your right but if ur clubbing multiple nights the beach isn't where you wanna be. Madddddd good restraunts if ur a foodie. Beaches in assateague n north OC if ur tryna miss the highschoolers.

Day drinking is where it's at. Lazy lizard, fishtales, fagers etc etc. Lots of bars get popping at night which is more my vibe than the secrets so packed u can't move vibe. 

Try mothers cantina, pickels, tap house etc next time

There's so the water parks and tons ss of fishing if ur into that. If u must ttt find urself in a club salisbury is 25 min away and there's plenty

Basically... as far as clubs your right but if ur clubbing multiple nights the beach isn't where you wanna be. Madddddd good restraunts if ur a foodie. Beaches in assateague n north OC if ur tryna miss the highschoolers.

Day drinking is where it's at. Lazy lizard, fishtales, fagers etc etc. Lots of bars get popping at night which is more my vibe than the secrets so packed u can't move vibe. 

Try mothers cantina, pickels, tap house etc next time

There's so the water parks and tons ss of fishing if ur into that. If u must ttt find urself in a club salisbury is 25 min away and there's plenty

We were w/ family so we weren't tryna travel too far from OC. I will say this the Pipeline from Decatur Diner, fuego to the 10th degree. Francis Scott Key was coo too (that's where we stayed) a lot of poorly speaking English employees that didn't know the answers to questions tho.

The food is good, I just did feel the vibe that much, it felt like there wasn't much to do.

I think almost every popular vacation spot has been listed in this thread.

Now I'm trying to figure out where isn't overrated. :lol:

Ahhhic yea Francis Scott is like it's own lil world. Shoulda stayed across the bridge if u wanted the action. But I hear ya it's not like a Florida or cali beach where there's a huge night scene. Secrets is untouchable no other clubs can stay open except the under 21 ones and niche clubs like sky bar or cowboy coast. 

Ahhhic yea Francis Scott is like it's own lil world. Shoulda stayed across the bridge if u wanted the action. But I hear ya it's not like a Florida or cali beach where there's a huge night scene. Secrets is untouchable no other clubs can stay open except the under 21 ones and niche clubs like sky bar or cowboy coast. 

Yea, it was a great spot tho. Close to the shopping center, shuttle service to the beach, indoor pool, outdoor pool, etc. I really liked it. I just felt like the rest of the city could've had more. I guess my expectations were high since so many ppl I know go there year after year.

Seacrets concept was dope w/ the different rooms and what not. We went when they had some terrible live bands. We were bout to leave until the one band went on a 30min break and they started playin some good music. As soon as the band came back, we peeled. :lol:

Been to Hawaii and idk how anyone will call it baby LA. It's a entirely different culture, with different food, people, and places.

Sometimes you have to make your own conclusion, and not listen to word of mouth.

I think you can have a good time anywhere you go.

As the old adage goes: Do as the romans do.

I can't do more than 3 nights there before i'm ready to go home.

think i stayed 4-5 and was done. if i lived there id be dead in a month or 2
a 3 nights in Vegas sounds about right :lol: ...and knowing some ppl from there they say that most locals don't even do much out there ...they either work on the strip or go out a lot when they get of age then just leave it for the tourists after a while, it gets old quick

Never had high expectations for AC or VA beach but they both still sucked when I went ...AC is straight dead and after being on the beach for one day/night in VA beach there's nothing else to do

Last edited:
I think almost every popular vacation spot has been listed in this thread.

Now I'm trying to figure out where isn't overrated.
laugh.gif
No mention of Chi-Town. 
pimp.gif

My girlfriend and I have been eyeing Chi-city for a while now. I'd like to go during the warmer months because I've heard about how cold that place can get, but I'd also really like to catch a Bulls game while I'm there. Can anyone form Chicago give some insight on what the weather's like in the spring?

I used to be able to do 2-3 days in Vegas, now I'm cool with 1. The first night when you get there is when you go all out, then the 2nd is you forcing yourself to recover and repeat

Last edited:

To be honest you could find stories like that from just about every European country as discouraging as that is :lol: :smh:. For example, the Dutch are some of the most open minded people I've met yet they have a blackface parade annually that they genuinely don't consider racist,the societies are just vastly different. Just from personal experience,I've found France,to be a pretty open place up until recently (things have changed a bit with the recent attacks there with Islamaphobia being on the rise) but I've almost never had any problems or been discriminated against like that as a black man.

Btw,the Chelsea fans that eventually got arrested for that were actually all British though :lol:,the French were repping PSG. Hooliganism like that isn't as rampant in France as it is in other big Euro countries like in England,Russia,Italy etc.

At the end of the day,it's one of the more pleasant places to visit in Europe for me,just pretty expensive :lol:. To each their own though

Last edited:
this is the dumbest thread on NT currently...

barcelona over rated but NYC GOAT?

lol :smh:

Back
Top Bottom