P90X Discussion

Starting today when I get off...Threw alot of junk away out the fridge/kitchen..Hopefully I can stay on pace/motivated..

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

i havent been doing yoga or kenpo x...is that stuff necessary?
I'd highly recommend it; they built the program the way it is for a reason. The yoga is my favourite workout in the whole series. Myflexibility, balance, and athleticism have all improved, and back pain has gone away.

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

i havent been doing yoga or kenpo x...is that stuff necessary?
I think you should do the yoga one. It is ridiculously hard (mostly the first half of the workout). I thought it was going to be an easy workout,but it ended up being the hardest for me the first time I tried it. Not sure if I'd list it as the hardest workout now, but definitely up there.

The kenpo one isn't anything special. I did it to keep myself loose, but I would have rather worked out on my punching bag instead.

So basically a yes for the yoga and a no for the kenpo (unless you really want to do/try it.)

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Where can I find the p90x workout? Do I have to pay for it?
I think someone earlier mentioned amazon has them for decent prices.... Check you PM

just finished day 2 plyometrics. i thought maybe this might be harder than yesterday, but i think it was because i was still sore from yesterday. i'mloving this and i really can't wait till i can keep pace with them.

p90x is the truth.

but honestly, it's not for everyone. i think you have to be in "decent" shape to begin with to handle this program.

I've been off NT for a while and regret not seeing this thread. I "procured" the program and got all the dietary guideline and basically wantedto make sure my eating habits were in order before I began.

I originally planned to do the program in conjunction with my obligatory 5k-a-day run, but just couldn't do it. Hopefully, I can fit some 5k's 2-3times during the week as I progress though.

Anyways, I'm on my second day, and was wondering if there was an alternative to the "Peak Recovery Formula" that they advertise you should drinkafter a workout.

finished day 3 about an hour ago. the whole day i was sore. so sore i couldn't even tie my shoelaces. i tried stretching at work and that didn't reallyseemed to work. as soon as i got home i was able to though. probably cause i got my self pumped up to go at it. i even gave up going out tonight with thefriends for cinco de mayo (probably not going to be the last time either). they weren't too happy that i was leaving to go workout, but i know its going tobe worth it. the ab ripper x was a little bit better this time around. maybe cause i knew what was coming and i could save myself by resting a little. the dietis going really good surprisingly. i'm sticking to the items that they recommend to eat. can't wait to try yoga tomorrow. best of training to you guys.

For all you basketball dudes that ball consistently in leagues and what not...

Do you guys still do it everyday? Or do you guys skip the game days?

I'm on the verge of starting it, but normally after a 40 min bball game ( sometimes 2 a day ), I wouldnt feel like dointhis for an hr afterwards.

Well, I don't play in any leagues right now, but I play 3-4 times per week and I'm also doing the doubles p90x, so there might be some days where I do2 p90x workouts and play ball for around 2 hours. I did play in a men's league about a month ago, but the games never fell on a day where I had to do 2p90x workouts.

completed day 4 yoga x. the first 35 minutes were tough but after that it got a little bit easier. i don't know why a lot of people just skip over thispart. i think it will be helpful to me as far as being flexible and keeping up in shape. still haven't decided if i'm going to rest on saturday or dothe x stretch. what have some of you guys done for your 7th day? any advice would be great.

Just finished up Day 5. The previous day was no joke, Yoga X is a workout. Right now I'm still trying to figure out when to continue my 5k runs. Theafternoon of Day 4 (Yoga X), I ran 5k. Hopefully as time goes on I can fit about 3-4 5k runs in the afternoon.

Tomorrow I have a 5k run at 8am and I just completed the Legs and Back workout today. I really hope I don't regret that decision tomorrow morning.

Anyone want to lace me w/ a .pdf of the meal plan?

Depending on who you buy it from off of Amazon, it doesn't come with it.

ive been sticking to my normal workout routine.. but someone recommended doing the ab ripper part still..

just tried it for the first time yesterday and it was pretty intense.. had to take a break near the end but i like it a lot cause it really does feel like amore complete workout compared to just doing crunches/situps ..

^lol during the first couple of exercises it is like the in and outs and bicycle but not through the whole workout.

so i wasn't able to post yesterday but i finished day 5. the soreness is becoming non existent now. i was really happy with my ab ripper x from last night.i finished strong and was able to do all 40 masonary twist at the end. i was yelling like crazy but it was great. i'll probably start kenpo in an hour. iwant to catch the laker game and star trek tonight so might as well get it over with now. hope everyones training is going great.

^^after crunchy frog my lower back is usually done
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
good thing the following excercise is on your back. this problem solves itselfthough when your core gets stronger

Back
Top Bottom