PACIFIM RIM -- directed by Guillermo Del Toro

I had a smile on my face the entire first half of the movie, visual effects were insane and I was juiced during all the fighting clips, but I did think the second half wasnt nearly as good. Some corny parts, fake parts(but its a movie, I know), and dragging talking scenes. I understand it was a big part of the story but people didnt come to watch the scientists talk, we want some jaeger on kaiju fighting... and not at night in the rain. why is every fight at night in the rain??

movie was a 7/10, I was hoping for a 10/10, but I will still buy first day on blu ray and play it with the surround sound way up. Hoping for a sequel, I'm sure there will be one after they see how profitable this movie is.

Last edited:
Saw it earlier today, it was awesome. It could've definitely been better if they made it a little more serious and had rated r stuff but this is basically a live action anime. People are complaining about the corniness but a lot of anime has corniness. This was an updated monster movie and did its job of being fun to watch.

Everybody in here that's giving this movie such amazing reviews must love them some special effects. The visuals in IMAX were amazing, but overall the actual storyline and everything wasn't much to talk about. It was like Transformers with a worse storyline, crappier actors, dull humor but with all the same unnecessary explosions during the robot fights.

Everybody in here that's giving this movie such amazing reviews must love them some special effects. The visuals in IMAX were amazing, but overall the actual storyline and everything wasn't much to talk about. It was like Transformers with a worse storyline, crappier actors, dull humor but with all the same unnecessary explosions during the robot fights.

Its based on Anime, it has an anime based storyline. That **** never made any sense :lol:

Worse than Transformers? Not emmm possible.

I will say this though. Those damn scientists were on the screen too much.

Last edited:
Transformers is one the worst movie series of all time. The only time I've fallen asleep during an action movie, since there was an hour long scene of grey and yellow robots fighting. And robot heaven.....There's no way this is worse than that

Saw the trailer to this when i was baked and it looked tremendous.

Having seen it since with my feet touching the floor i'm assuming it's going to be garbage, but on the strength of monsters and robots alone it's a must watch.

transformers had a better storyline than this? :rofl:

Megan Fox vs Rinko Kikuchi (who has been nominated for an oscar before) :smh:

The story was not great but people seriously were going in for the storyline and not the giant versus monster fights? :smh:

Grownups 2 is selling more tickets than this with no storyline, dull comedy, terrible actors, and no special effects :x

I LOVED watching this movie in the theater,

then I thought about it and had a lot of problems with it,

then I remembered the giant robots fighting giant monsters...and now I just wanna own this movie to watch at home whenever I want

Transformers is one the worst movie series of all time. The only time I've fallen asleep during an action movie, since there was an hour long scene of grey and yellow robots fighting. And robot heaven.....There's no way this is worse than that

Yeah, transformers has been ok at best. The only transforrmers I can even tell apart during a fight are bumblebee and optimus, and that still moves too fast.

Yeah the fight scenes and visuals were nice but the acting was pretty bad.

I didn't think the acting was bad, it was just sort of cheesey at times. The two doctors and Clay aka Ron Pearlman were more annoying than entertaining.

This...it ended exactly like Independence Day did even down to the way the aliens looked/the bomb went off inside the hive...maybe I was the only one who picked that up

Dont understand the use of spoilers in a movie thread once its released. if u plan on seeing this, and haven't yet...you shouldn't come in here..but whatever

Just saw it and I liked it a lot. The battles were something else. Wish the last Kaiju would have caused more wreck or looked scarier. Would watch again.

Oh and my favorite parts were the EMP and when the Kaiju started to fly.

Last edited:
Anyone else thinks Del Toro should design monsters for Final Fantasy games? All the Kaiju gave off that vibe while I was watching it

Back
Top Bottom