PACIFIM RIM -- directed by Guillermo Del Toro

YOOOOO, THIS MOVIE WAS ILL AS ****!!!!!!!

When the second monster jumped out of the water onto the Russian jager, son!!! :wow: :wow: :wow:

Last edited:
Also, when they sliced that thing in mid-air scene was way too ill :pimp:

Nah

When they was crippled underwater and cut that swimming one from head to tail

:lol: that had me :wow: :wow: :smokin

yeah man when they were righting underwater at the end and that category 5 came and just kept coming, that **** was huge!! y'all see what I was saying how my dude Idris gets killed in EVERYTHING :rofl:

Glad most people liked it though it was definitely really entertaining

Movie was dope.

If Del Toro directed the Gundam movie, it would be mind blowing.

Real talk this movie kind of changed the game for big budget action sci fi. Like, this straight up was an anime translated 100% to live action and still believable and "realistic". This set the bar VERY high.

Like I said seeing how great this is made me want to see this treatment applied to the Gundam series or even Ronin Warriors.

I wanted to smack that English dude every time he was on screen, though.

Whenever Charlie explained science stuff in depth, it looked like he was giving a Ted talk just in his speaking patterns and posture :lol: I bet that was part of his research on the role. His tattoos were hella cool though.

One world government, y'all!

when the kaiju had its tail cut off and decide oh let me just take flight. CRAZY
pimp.gif
movie was sick. it really was like an anime/manga converted to the big screen. loved it

Last edited:
Hope yall stayed for the post credits scene
My man hannibal chau surviving
pimp.gif

Only problem I had with the movie and it only kicks in until after you leave

Why didn't they all have swords?

Different style of Jaegers with different characteristics from different generations/marks. Like Striker Eureka was the fastest, Crimson Typhoon was more agile and has 3 pilots and the Cherno Alpha being more defensive. Gipsy Danger was also upgraded and the sword seemed like a new addition, Raleigh looked surprised when Mako used it.

Last edited:

Different style of Jaegers with different characteristics from different generations/marks. Like Striker Eureka was the fastest, Crimson Typhoon was more agile and has 3 pilots and the Cherno Alpha being more defensive. Gipsy Danger was also upgraded and the sword seemed like a new addition, Raleigh looked surprised when Mako used it.

true indeed but melee weapons would have been smart to have

Saw this movie in IMAX 3D and loved it! Definitely sets the bar high for all robot/monster movies. The visuals and special effects are worth going for. Del Toro did a good job writing the script, taking a bit of everything we loved and mashing them together. :pimp:

anyone laughed when their next plan was to build a wall? :smh: :lol: maybe Del Toro taking shots at the US for building a wall next to Mexico?

Last edited:
Gipsy danger had a plasma cannon but w/ only one clip seems like they needed more ammo

Saw it with my gf today, loved it just as much the second time :smokin :smokin

I actually didn't stay for the credits since I didn't know after seeing it earlier this week at the free screening but glad I did, it was :lol:

Del Toro already had one of my personal favorite films ever in Pans Labryinth but this definitely will set the bar for future sci fi movies :smokin I watched Mama this week too wasn't as good a movie but a nice little horror flick.

Del Toro is definitely one of my favorite youngish directors though. Everyone I've told in person to check it out loved it too

Gipsy danger had a plasma cannon but w/ only one clip seems like they needed more ammo

2 plasma cannons. One for each hand. Looks like it also took time to charge. Just saying a melee weapon for each Jaeger wouldn't have hurt. Still loved the movie. Will be seeing it again SOON....

2 plasma cannons. One for each hand. Looks like it also took time to charge. Just saying a melee weapon for each Jaeger wouldn't have hurt. Still loved the movie. Will be seeing it again SOON....

Come to think of it, all actually had melee weapons. Gipsy Danger had the retractable sword, Striker Eureka had blades, Crimson Typhoons hand was a spinning blade and Cherno Alphas fist are practically pistons that strengthened their punching powers.

Last edited:

Come to think of it, all actually had melee weapons. Gipsy Danger had the retractable sword, Striker Eureka had blades, Crimson Typhoons hand was a spinning blade and Cherno Alphas fist are practically pistons that strengthened their punching powers.
And besides they were picking up boats and cars and using them as melee weapons

^^ Ya'll right.
Now I wish the story took place a little earlier so we can see the other pilots shine. They do some cool things then get murked. I really wanted to see the triplets do more.

EDIT: Reading my comments, I seem very nit picky... :smh:
Oh well, I take that as I liked the movie enough to spend extra time on it. Any artbooks for this movie?

Last edited:
striker eureka > gipsy danger IMO. the design of that australian jaeger looked so sick. maybe because it looked closest to a gundam compared to the others. i loved the movie man. gonna check it out again on monday.

Google Tacit Ronin Jaeger, it's the first Japanese Jaeger and it looks like it is plucked right out of a anime.

Back
Top Bottom