Votes: 137 24.3%
  • Not

Votes: 46 8.2%
  • XX9's Ruined It

Votes: 228 40.4%
  • Too Expensive

Votes: 229 40.6%

• Total voters

I cry when i see people selling the XX9's for like 140-150$.It is like 75$ under retail and in a unique colourway.
Also it is probably one of the best  shoes out there  to play ball in .
A lot of people who collect sneakers don't ball though so Nike/JB kinda forced the 29 on those people who really wanted the pantones. I think it's good the 29s are going for so low-people who do ball but couldn't afford the $200+ for 29s can finally have a pair at a decent price. Meanwhile, people who collect and wouldn't touch the 29s with a 10 ft pole can get some of their money back.
I ball, however I prefer to wear Kobes. But with me having the XX9s now, I'll use the on the court in rotation with my Kobes or just were them casually. 

I actually play in my Jordans.
If I really like a pair, I will double up.
One to play ball in and one to walk around in.
My best games in HS, and city leagues have all been in Jordans.
It's gotta be the shoes......

I ball, however I prefer to wear Kobes. But with me having the XX9s now, I'll use the on the court in rotation with my Kobes or just were them casually. 

There's absolutely nothing wrong in playing ball in 29s but for people who don't ball they may be useless (unless they are in the vast minority who like the shoe for casual use). I'm glad people who do like the 29s can get them for well under retail and people who don't like them can dump them for some extra cash... This is the true "gift" part of this package.

Hope these restock, had a heavy Christmas and couldnt afford the pack at the time. How's the quality on the pantone 11s by the way?

Hope these restock, had a heavy Christmas and couldnt afford the pack at the time. How's the quality on the pantone 11s by the way?
The quality is on point! I love them & side by side with the LB 11s the Pantones take the cake.

So I finally got my pack, and I must say that I am glad I paid the 600 shipped for it.  The XI's in the pack are NOT like any of the other XI's (whether mid or low) that have ever come out.  This IMO was the first shoe that got remastered by Nike.  Yes they made the announcement for shoes beginning in January 2015 but this was the first shoe to get the "fixings."  The upper part of the shoe is not cloth.  It's a suede/nubuck material which gives it a premium feel.  I'm pretty sure there's pics of it in this thread, but I compare it to the material on my triple black foams.  

Hopefully, Nike will make all XI's like this from now on.  It's a 200 dollar shoe so it deserves to have this kind of treatment.  Perhaps keep the lows with the cloth, but definitely make the mids just as they made these pantones.  Nike if you are reading this, make sure the Melo's in December have the exact same materials as the pantones.  A red suede instead of red cloth will make the shoe that much better.

I wouldn't hold your breath.. If you don't care about the 29s, $600 for resale on the XIs isn't bad so you might want to consider that option.

$600 not bad!?!?!???? Wha?? Where they do that at? Verify some of y'all would actually entertain the thought of copping at that price!!?!?!?????

So I finally got my pack, and I must say that I am glad I paid the 600 shipped for it.  The XI's in the pack are NOT like any of the other XI's (whether mid or low) that have ever come out.  This IMO was the first shoe that got remastered by Nike.  Yes they made the announcement for shoes beginning in January 2015 but this was the first shoe to get the "fixings."  The upper part of the shoe is not cloth.  It's a suede/nubuck material which gives it a premium feel.  I'm pretty sure there's pics of it in this thread, but I compare it to the material on my triple black foams.  

Hopefully, Nike will make all XI's like this from now on.  It's a 200 dollar shoe so it deserves to have this kind of treatment.  Perhaps keep the lows with the cloth, but definitely make the mids just as they made these pantones.  Nike if you are reading this, make sure the Melo's in December have the exact same materials as the pantones.  A red suede instead of red cloth will make the shoe that much better.

Gry 11's from...I think it was 2010-11 had that upper too

Oh yea, forgot to write about the 29's.  I can't comment on the feel of them yet, but they aren't as bad as I expected from a looks perspective.  It's weird to see a shoe selling for under msrp when there are 29's currently in other GR colorways for 200 or so on Nike/Eastbay/etc.

My pair came in from kickz. Shipping was very fast from Germany. Total was 534 out the door including the custom fee.
I was roughly at the same cost after customs from kickz, you gotta love how they stick the invoice on the outside of the box so ups knows exactly what to charge you.

Hopefully, Nike will make all XI's like this from now on.  It's a 200 dollar shoe so it deserves to have this kind of treatment.
Normal XIs are a $200 shoe, those pantones damn near a $300 shoe maybe even more. The pack itself is $500 retail and after accounting that the XX9 are worth less than $200 (around $175),do the math. $500 - $175 = (actual price of pantones) My point is that charging $500 a pack I would definitely expect JB to release an outstanding sneaker with great quality.

Last edited:
if you can rock any of the lebrons/kobes/kd's casually, don't see how you can't do the same with the xx9. At least you won't have the same pair on as every other dude in the street

If you playing ball people can see it if you take flight LOL 
lol *imagines dudes jumping over other peoples heads and people noticing* its a good visual, close your eyes and breathe and imagine the ridiculousness ha ha oh and those glue spots are mad noticeable too lmao

Back
Top Bottom