Part-Time Job @ Finish Line?

this fortune 100 job is horse**** IMO :lol: :lol:

If I were working a fortune 100 job, I'd clearly be making close to or over 6 figs and would pay reseller prices gladly to avoid standing in line with the animals :lol:

...also, I would not want a second job cause I will be making close or over 6 figs. You kids are something else :lol:

Last edited:
scan a picture of your business card and write NT on it
if you puttin in work for a five hunna company, you wouldnt need to waste time working and getting a discky

Last edited:
Come on guys, we know anyone with a Fortune 100 gig (mid-top level) has no time to be working an extra 20 hours per week/month for some discount on sneakers. If anything, you wouldnt even had any need for sneakers anyways.

Come on guys, we know anyone with a Fortune 100 gig (mid-top level) has no time to be working an extra 20 hours per week/month for some discount on sneakers. If anything, you wouldnt even had any need for sneakers anyways.
f100 company project managers 

images

walmart-newest-profit-strategy-is-to-hire-a-bunch-of-temporary-workers.jpg

na-bh812_labore_g_20100906194652.jpg

If I were working a fortune 100 job, I'd clearly be making close to or over 6 figs and would pay reseller prices gladly to avoid standing in line with the animals :lol:

...also, I would not want a second job cause I will be making close or over 6 figs. You kids are something else :lol:
he just graduated last year and an entry-level job at f100, I'm guessing he's making 55-70k as a Project Manager. props, I am thinking about trying to leverage over as a Project or Product Manager. and i'm guessing if you were to guess his exact company it would be in the 51-100 range or he would have said f50. i don't know why you guys giving him so much crap for wanting to use his free time on his weekends to help him get a discount and first dibs on sneakers he will probably pay retail for. if i was guessing, he probably came from more humble backgrounds and never really bought anything unless it was on sale.

Last edited:
this fortune 100 job is horse**** IMO
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If I were working a fortune 100 job, I'd clearly be making close to or over 6 figs and would pay reseller prices gladly to avoid standing in line with the animals
laugh.gif

...also, I would not want a second job cause I will be making close or over 6 figs. You kids are something else
laugh.gif
I don't make six figures, I just graduated last year. I would say most F100 entry level jobs start between $60-80K, only people in investment banking and maybe consulting earn six figures right off the bat. So I'm not making enough to just brush off my sneaker costs. Which is why I'm trying to figure out if I can get a 2nd job at a sneaker store where I work only a couple shifts/month.

I don't make six figures, I just graduated last year. I would say most F100 entry level jobs start between $60-80K, only people in investment banking and maybe consulting earn six figures right off the bat. So I'm not making enough to just brush off my sneaker costs. Which is why I'm trying to figure out if I can get a 2nd job at a sneaker store where I work only a couple shifts/month.
You make significantly more than most "sneakerheads" son. You shouldn't even be considering this. It's ridiculous. THE CONCEPT OF YOU DOING THIS FOR DISCOUNTED SHOES IS RIDICULOUS MAN

he just graduated last year and an entry-level job at f100, I'm guessing he's making 55-70k as a Project Manager. props, I am thinking about trying to leverage over as a Project or Product Manager. and i'm guessing if you were to guess his exact company it would be in the 51-100 range or he would have said f50. i don't know why you guys giving him so much crap for wanting to use his free time on his weekends to help him get a discount and first dibs on sneakers he will probably pay retail for. if i was guessing, he probably came from more humble backgrounds and never really bought anything unless it was on sale.
Yes my company is in the 51-100 range. And I'm not actually a project manager lol. My title is six sigma black belt but no one knows what six sigma is so I just say I'm a project manager. But thats what I'm saying, a few shifts a month isn't a big deal for me and the discounts would save me some money.

You make significantly more than most "sneakerheads" son. You shouldn't even be considering this. It's ridiculous. THE CONCEPT OF YOU DOING THIS FOR DISCOUNTED SHOES IS RIDICULOUS MAN

THANK YOU!!!

I see where you're coming from, but I'm really looking for a place where I can work minimal hours. So it wouldn't take too much effort to get the discount.

Sneakers really that important to you? 

How old are you OP?

It'd be smarter for you to save that money, instead of wasting it on plastic shoes. 

if you make 60-80k straight out of school, then you shouldn't have no problem affording shoes if you budget your money right. You really wanna wear yourself out to save what? $15-20?! man please :lol:

Last edited:

Sneakers really that important to you? 

How old are you OP?

It'd be smarter for you to save that money, instead of wasting it on plastic shoes. 
I wouldn't say they're that important lol but it is a hobby of mine. I already save a large portion of my salary and I live at home so I don't pay rent. The only expenses I have are gas, insurance, and food so money isn't really a problem. But I am still trying to save on shoes if possible via employee discount.

its not THAT wild of a concept to want to work a side job at a shoe store, depending on your current work load. 

BUT, how are you spending $600 on shoes monthly? when do you have time to wear them? 

Props op for tryna get that disco. That how the rich folks stay rich. I knew a guy who worked at nasa during the week and came and worked at my store as a maintenance worker ( janitor) he didnt like to be ay home since his wife died and his kids were grown

its not THAT wild of a concept to want to work a side job at a shoe store, depending on your current work load. 

BUT, how are you spending $600 on shoes monthly? when do you have time to wear them? 
I probably spend maybe $400 on average and my gf spends more or less $200. So I wouldn't just be using this discount for myself. But I didn't start spending this much until I graduated and started working. 

I enjoy collecting and most of my shoes I keep on ice.

Lol this guy obviously has his mind made up, so why are people still trying to dissuade him?

you should use your network to see if you can find any connections to people who are managers at Finishline. I highly doubt you will get hired to work on a 2-3 day per monthly basis but if you know someone who works there, maybe they can schedule when you want. Best thing to do is to apply there to work every weekends for now then once they see that you're a good worker and they like you, then you can ask to work less days.

BUT to get back on topic, does anyone else have recommendations for getting discounted shoes? It looks like if I'm going to go down the part-time job route, I'll probably have to make friends with a manager since I'm not tryna work an extra 20 hours a week.

Man I' worked at Finishline in High School, it is a pretty lame gig. From being forced to put the shoes on the customers feet to always trying to sell the damn waterproofer. Here's a hint "NO ONE WANTS IT". Anyways if you're making upwards of 60k I cannot fathom why you would want to spend your free time trying to meet sale quotas, push waterproofer, and get migraines from the constant blaring music and awful lights. And don't get me started on the unpaid overtime
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom