PARTYNEXTDOOR ~ OMO Thread Official

If anyone in here produces/makes beats, I just noticed his name is taken from the FL Studio Fruity Filter preset that makes whatever the filter is applied to sound like an actual party next door lol.​

wee-bey.gif

I'm pretty sure he can write. Haven't really listened to his stuff before he was party, but it was definitely more focused, even the 1st tape, Like someone mentioned I think he kind of did this tape this way on purpose

Most songs are vibes, chill music.

I really like this project tho. Really different direction than the first. I hope on his album or next tape he can find the perfect balence

Anyone else see Party's influence in Drake's music? 

Just like when Kanye around the time he took Cudi under his wing.

Party's influence is ALL over NWTS and Days in the East was his record, so I think it's safe to say you aren't the only one who sees it :lol:

I debate with my brother about this all the time. I think it's blatantly obvious to see Party's influence on Drake's music, especially on the R&B side of things. The Yelling Cadence that he does on records now like Started, His verse on Mine, the 2nd verse on Believe me, etc. that yelling is all Party. Some of his production choices sound as if Party produced it if he didn't. His R&B writing style is a lot more like Party's now. That is, it's a lot less soft and a lot more "i'm that *****" if that makes any sense. Come Thru, Own It, Wu Tang Forever, Days In The East, man his influence is all over. Clear as day to me.

The same thing happened when him and Weeknd first linked up. He started spitting out records that were right from Weeknd's playbook :lol: like Marvin's Room, Trust Issues, She Will, Shot for Me, Crew Love, The Ride, (The Ride and Shot For Me were literally XO's records before he gave them to Drake) etc. blending that "G" style of R&B with the soft stuff as well.

Not that any of this is a bad thing, quite the contrary actually.Just something worth noting.

Sometimes those old pictures cross my mind when I'm listening to his music.

Like "Silly ___ might lose his life on assumptions", eh? Alright :lol:

its crazy how people force themselves to hype these cds up as if they are classic. the cd is aight, recognize is a banger but lyrically dude isnt the weeknd with bars and versatility isnt really there. the production is great tho.

Last edited:
its crazy how people force themselves to hype these cds up as if they are classic. the cd is aight, recognize is a banger but lyrically dude isnt the weeknd with bars and versatility isnt really there. the production is great tho.
Or maybe people could just have their own opinions.

Just a hunch

People force themselves to hype up these CDs like they're classic...

What are you even trying to say?

Have a seat.

Last edited:
After sitting with this for a couple days, I'm not really feeling it as much as I expected.

Out of the the **** we ain't heard till it dropped, Bout It/Belong To The City/Options are the only joints that are fire. I'm all for "vibe" music and care more about production pretty much all the time but son takes it to another level with the poverty writing/singing sometimes.

He woulda also benefitted from making this 4 songs shorter and including Persian Rugs.

Majid Jordan EP > PND2.

Back
Top Bottom