PARTYNEXTDOOR ~ OMO Thread Official

Party been reading this thread? 
nerd.gif
 Hopefully he means getting off the OVO label.

Tory is way more versatile than Bryson

Top 5 PND:
Her Way
Bout It
Jus Know
Persian Rugs
SLS

Persian Rugs is dope but it's like 1:30 :lol: I'mnot gonna count the last 2 minutes of him talking :lol:

Same thing with Belong to the City and even Welcome to the Party. They would both be in my top 5 if they were longer.

I went to a Karaoke spot out here in Koreatown. One of those joints where you get your own private room. Threw on some PND instrumentals and went in :lol:

Last edited:
Sucks how Party isn't progressing as much as he should because of his situation.

He is a very talented artist. 

Glad Abel left when he did. 

Sucks how Party isn't progressing as much as he should because of his situation.
He is a very talented artist. 
Glad Abel left when he did. 

Abel can't have left since he never signed With Drake.

It's 2016, if PARTY's contractual obligations to OVO put him in a situation that prevents him from excercising creative control over his music, or from releasing projects on his time table, or is in any way stunting his growth as an artist, that's 100% on him.

If any of that is the case, these ****** need to hire better lawyers and exercise more forethought instead of getting finisssed by a shark in the game.

Last edited:
He was never under an "OVO Wing". Nobody associated with OVO had anything to do with the conception of The Trilogy outside of Drake's feature on Thursday. 

The extent of that relationship was strictly a co-sign. Nothing more.

Last edited:
Weeknd makes nothing but trash now so idk he was better under the Ovo wing

That's pretty uninformed man. For one he was never under the OVO wing, then there's the fact that they cut associative ties like that 5 years ago and you're talking about a Weeknd album that released last year.

I'm a Drake fan and really can't point to a single musical influence he's had on the Weeknd aside from two features.

On the hand, Abel's written lyricsm is all over Take Care.

If anything Drake navigated the R&B lane he likes to straddle better, and was better off with Weeknd's penmanship.

Last edited:
Weeknd makes nothing but trash now so idk he was better under the Ovo wing
His music is awesome now, still.

It's not as drugged up as the trilogy days, but it's great pop r&b music. At least I love it. 

For christ sake, his two biggest hits in recent memory, the hills and ICFMF both are about drug induced trips. That's vintage XO ****. 

That's pretty uninformed man. For one he was never under the OVO wing, then there's the fact that they cut associative ties like that 5 years ago and you're talking about a Weeknd album that released last year.

I'm a Drake fan and really can't point to a single musical influence he's had on the Weeknd aside from two features.

On the hand, Abel's written lyricsm is all over Take Care.

If anything Drake navigated the R&B lane he likes to straddle better, and was better off with Weeknd's penmanship.
Right. XO came into the Picture, and Drake started rapping about drugs and coke and **** and embraced that dark XO image fully. Bled all into the music. 

I will say this, at some point he has to do some leg work himself. I barely hear him featured on anything. I would like to see how he does without OVO though.
Doing features for other artists isn't as simple as going out there and doing work with others. I mean in some cases it is, but in a lot of cases it isn't.

The way OVO brands itself, with the minimalistic approach towards everything, really hurts PND if we're talking about his star potential. 

Back
Top Bottom