Pastelle Clothing by Kanye West.... What Happened?

Originally Posted by Doctor Knows Best

Originally Posted by GTEK

I believe it got knocked like 3 months ago....

From Highsnobiety.com

UPDATE: Earlier today we posted some images from the long-rumored Pastelle by Kanye West collection. Although pieces have been seen worn by Kanye West during several public appearances (such as the 2008 AMA Awards), Pastelle will never be released. That's right. We've received official word that Pastelle will not be coming out. Ever. That said, Kanye West will release a collection under his own name in the near future. Stay tuned.

smh.gif

I was really looking forward to a couple of the pieces....
but at the same time I would rather him get the job done right.
so that means he still might release some items (not from pastelle)?

Yeah I think he is going to start from scratch with a new line.
Prob had some financial/marketing issues or something of the sort.
As long as Kanye is the mind behind the design with the right guidance
it should be interesting.

Originally Posted by nicefro

ralph lauren regular tees are not that great quality

actually they're really really bad imo. I just bought four of them two days ago...

Matt George effed up

lol. nah, but it just dissolved. He DID have some pieces but the leaks were barely even a whole season's collection. My guess is Kanye never had a focusedvision for Pastelle and was too much of a perfectionist for his own good for Pastelle.

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

bbc charges high because they have better quality (t-shirt and hoodie quality especially) clothing than every other streetwear brand. their t-shirts are thicker and much more durable than the hundreds, supreme, stussy, etc. combined.
QFT... My mom does the laundry, and one time she comes in holding my BBC shirt, saying how easy it was to fold than other shirts
laugh.gif

But yeah, BBC/Ice Cream shirts feel thicker and more durable than my other shirts.

The line was ready a few times but Kanye scrapped it a few times. He's very particular and detailed about how we wants the line to be, when it was ready todrop he found new visions and scrapped the old one.

It probably wouldn't ever be accepted...kanye probably would never be fully satisfied with the final outcome...i can't blame him...all of his projectsare "labors of love" so at least we know he cared about it enough to call it off...

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

It probably wouldn't ever be accepted...kanye probably would never be fully satisfied with the final outcome...i can't blame him...all of his projects are "labors of love" so at least we know he cared about it enough to call it off...

Word, Unless he hand stitched every piece himself. I could see him not being satisfied with the outcome.
- peace Gods and Goddesses

"Wealth is of the heart and mind not the pocket" but charge $80 for a Tee Shirt
smh.gif

Exactly. The fact that your paying 80 bucks for a tee is a statement in itself, because even rich people aren't gonna buy 80 dollar tees.

Kanye is nearing the end of his career and when he "retires" his celebrity status or influence won't do anything for him.

Please explain

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

because even rich people aren't gonna buy 80 dollar tees.
What world do you live in?? Who do you think $80 dollar tees are aimed at (not referring to "street wear")

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

because even rich people aren't gonna buy 80 dollar tees.
What world do you live in?? Who do you think $80 dollar tees are aimed at (not referring to "street wear")
What are you talkin about?

the reason why thats their slogan is because they can get kids (who aren't rich) to drop 80 bucks on tees based on the aesthetics of their brand. Who doyou think is buying BBC?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by JPioneer

Kanye is nearing the end of his career and when he "retires" his celebrity status or influence won't do anything for him.
Please explain
He has a huge fan base. Once he retires a lot of that fan base will disappear. Without as many fans there won't be as much hype.
Look at the Air Yeezys or the Louis Vuitton X Kanye West collaborations. I mean how many music artists make a shoe with a high end designer?

I wrote "retire" like that because of when Jay-Z "retired".

I think he folded it cuz when you doing collabo's with High End designers and Nike and your stuff is flying out the doors and your making a lot of money onit why stress yourself to make your own brand. Especially clothing, its hard.

Him doing an Adidas capsule collection of all his pre-2010 clothing endeavors > knockoff homeless versions of high fashion cut and sew stuff that turned out to be what he cancelled everything else for

We coulda got so much fresh **** if he made clothes during pre Taylor Swift era of his career.

Image result for kanye pastelle

1577880106660.png

1577880203065.png

Back
Top Bottom