Pastor Creflow Dollar is asking for 60 million to purchase new G6 to spread the gospel across the gl

Definitely refreshing seeing actual discussion over witty banter.

I think you misunderstood what I mean when I said question my faith more. I'm saying that there are sometimes concepts or beliefs that Christians or any religion have, but they may or may not know where they come from. There are ideas, commands, certain do's or don'ts that I was tought as a child, that were told to me were in the Bible, but when I read the Bible for myself I didn't find a lot of those things. So what I mean is that I question myself by saying, "Can I back up this belief by finding scriptures to support it?" These discussions cause me to read my Bible more which only strengthens my faith. Trust me, my faith who Christ is and what He has done won't ever change and definitely ain't wavering of an Internet conversation. I expect critics.
I misinterpreted.  My bad for every putting your faith in question.  I do apologize.  

But yeah we were brought up to have beliefs that don't line up with the word.  The problem with a lot of these church goers is they look at these preachers like there above them, and there interpretation is the truth the way and the light.  When they're just as imperfect as the rest of us, and most likely just regurgitating what was preached to them all their lives.  I was never one to put all my trust into the words or actions of a man, so I checked it out for myself.  But I didn't go in with my imperfect understating. I asked God to give me revelation and knowledge to gain a pure understanding of this coalition of books written by several different people, and there several different accounts.  But at the end of the day I didn't even need that.  It was plain as day right in my face.  Yes, you should read the whole bible to understand the warfare, and the challenges believers faced during there faith walks.  But the only thing you should live by are the words of Jesus.  Not live like him.  There could only be on Jesus, but live by and understand what he is saying.   

But defending your beliefs is not how God intended believers to operate.  Answering to someone who is just trying to be smug, and discredit and tear down your beliefs helps no one or nothing. IMO this is something you don't play political HS debate with.  When someones mind is made up it's made up.  Except it for what it is, and move on.  This debate of logic in this thread has refreshed me of just that.  Now witnessing to someone looking for guidance is something totally different.  But defending yourself against critics is just a distraction.  You can talk till your blue in the face, and at the end of it all nothing will be any different then before the engagement, so what's the point IMO.

Some time ago I came to an understanding that you need Christains, Muslim, atheist, etc., etc. to make the world go round.  Just like you need haters to fuel triumph.  Everything here is supposed to be here, because that's the way it was intended to be.  It all works out for the glory whether it be good or bad.  Which is mind blowing at first till you actually see the domino effect for yourself.  Then your like, WOW. 

I misinterpreted.  My bad for every putting your faith in question.  I do apologize.  

But yeah we were brought up to have beliefs that don't line up with the word.  The problem with a lot of these church goers is they look at these preachers like there above them, and there interpretation is the truth the way and the light.  When they're just as imperfect as the rest of us, and most likely just regurgitating what was preached to them all their lives.  I was never one to put all my trust into the words or actions of a man, so I checked it out for myself.  But I didn't go in with my imperfect understating. I asked God to give me revelation and knowledge to gain a pure understanding of this coalition of books written by several different people, and there several different accounts.  But at the end of the day I didn't even need that.  It was plain as day right in my face.  Yes, you should read the whole bible to understand the warfare, and the challenges believers faced during there faith walks.  But the only thing you should live by are the words of Jesus.  Not live like him.  There could only be on Jesus, but live by and understand what he is saying.   

But defending your beliefs is not how God intended believers to operate.  Answering to someone who is just trying to be smug, and discredit and tear down your beliefs helps no one or nothing. IMO this is something you don't play political HS debate with.  When someones mind is made up it's made up.  Except it for what it is, and move on.  This debate of logic in this thread has refreshed me of just that.  Now witnessing to someone looking for guidance is something totally different.  But defending yourself against critics is just a distraction.  You can talk till your blue in the face, and at the end of it all nothing will be any different then before the engagement, so what's the point IMO.

Some time ago I came to an understanding that you need Christains, Muslim, atheist, etc., etc. to make the world go round.  Just like you need haters to fuel triumph.  Everything here is supposed to be here, because that's the way it was intended to be.  It all works out for the glory whether it be good or bad.  Which is mind blowing at first till you actually see the domino effect for yourself.  Then your like, WOW. 

I have to disagree with you about not defending our faith. I believe that is what we are called to do.

"But sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence," (1 Peter 3:15).

Take Paul for example. He is considered to be one of the greatest Christians to ever live. The first half of his life he thought he had all the answers. He was even murdering Christians, until he had an experience and met Jesus and it turned his whole life around. So if there is hope for him there is hope for anyone to accept the gospel. I'm not saying that all critics will have an experience like Paul, but some of them are stuck in their ways because that is all they know or the have been misinformed about the gospel or the supress what they think may be true, but aren't ready to accept it. Yes, there will always be nay sayers and hecklers. So what. That aint gonna stop the gosbel. The Bible is the most scrutinized book ever, yet there are more than 2 billion Christians in the world. I'm sure some of them said many of the same things that have been said in this forum before someone introduced them to Christ.

Defending your faith is called apologetics. Here are some great websites that deal with the defense of the Christian faith:

Carm.org
apologetics.org
apologeticsbible.com
gotquestions.org

Or just Google "Christian apologetics" and you will find plenty of information. The writings of C.S. Lewis are aldo a great place to start.

Consider this article.

Does the Bible call Christians to defend/argue the faith?
The classic verse promoting apologetics (the defense of the Christian faith) is 1 Peter 3:15, which says that believers are to make a defense "for the hope that you have." The only way to do this effectively is to study the reasons why we believe what we believe. This will prepare us to "demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ,” as Paul said we should (2 Corinthians 10:5). Paul practiced what he preached; in fact, defending the faith was his regular activity (Philippians 1:7). He refers to apologetics as an aspect of his mission in the same passage (v.16). He also made apologetics a requirement for church leadership in Titus 1:9. Jude, an apostle of Jesus, wrote that "although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt I had to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints” (v.3).

Where did the apostles get these ideas? From the Master Himself. Jesus was His own apologetic, as He often stated that we should believe in Him because of the evidence He provided (John 2:23; 10:25; 10:38; 14:29). In fact, the whole Bible is full of divine miracles that confirm what God wants us to believe (Exodus 4:1-8; 1 Kings 18:36-39; Acts 2:22-43; Hebrews 2:3-4; 2 Corinthians 12:12). People rightly refuse to believe something without evidence. Since God created humans as rational beings, we should not be surprised when He expects us to live rationally. As Norman Geisler says, “This does not mean there is no room for faith. But God wants us to take a step of faith in the light of evidence, rather than to leap in the dark.”

Those who oppose these clear biblical teachings and examples may say, “The Word of God does not need to be defended!” But which of the world’s writings are the Word of God? As soon as someone answers that, he is doing apologetics. Some claim that human reason cannot tell us anything about God—but that statement itself is a "reasonable" statement about God. If it’s not, then there is no reason to believe it. A favorite saying is, “If someone can talk you into Christianity, then someone else can talk you out.” Why is this a problem? Did not Paul himself give a criterion (the resurrection) by which Christianity should be accepted or rejected in 1 Corinthians 15? It is only misplaced piety that answers in the negative.

None of this is to say that apologetics alone, apart from the influence of the Holy Spirit, can bring someone to saving faith. This creates a false dilemma in the minds of many. But it does not have to be “Sprit versus Logic.” Why not both? The Holy Spirit must move someone to a position of belief, but how He accomplishes this is up to Him. With some people God uses trials; in others it is an emotional experience; in others it is through reason. God can use whatever means He wants. We, however, are commanded to use apologetics in as many or more places as we are told to preach the gospel.

Was wondering why this thread was still buzzing... Good to see biblical discussion, just weird seing it in a Creflo Dollar thread

Last edited:
Contradictions (there are TONNNNNS of Biblical contradictions):

Genesis 32:30 ("I saw God face to face.")
[sup]30[/sup]  So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, “It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared."

- John 1:18 ("No one has seen God.")
[sup]18[/sup]  No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

The finite will always fail trying to see what the infinite sees...
I would think that the alleged creator would bestow upon us the ability to understand its logic and observe its presence. What is your process for rejecting religions that aren't Christianity? I assume you use logic and reason. 

Contradictions (there are TONNNNNS of Biblical contradictions):

Genesis 32:30 ("I saw God face to face.")
[SUP]30[/SUP] So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, “It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared."

- John 1:18 ("No one has seen God.")
[SUP]18[/SUP] No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

Like any book, context is always needed when discussing the text. It's easy to read just one verse and compare it to another to find a contradiction. Although, if you read surrounding verses and chapters there in fact is no contradictions found. We have only had verses and chapters in the Bible for the last few hundred years. As easy as that numbering system has made it to find particular passages, it can also be detrimental if you focus just on that one passage.

The Bible tells us that no one has ever seen God (John 1:18) except the Lord Jesus Christ. In Exodus 33:20, God declares, "You cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live." These Scriptures seem to contradict other Scriptures which describe various people "seeing" God. For example, Exodus 33:11 describes Moses speaking to God "face to face." How could Moses speak with God "face to face" if no one can see God's face and live? In this instance, the phrase "face to face" is a figure of speech indicating they were in very close communion. God and Moses were speaking to each other as if they were two human beings having a close conversation.

In Genesis 32:30, Jacob saw God appearing as an angel; he did not truly see God. Samson's parents were terrified when they realized they had seen God (Judges 13:22), but they had only seen Him appearing as an angel. Jesus was God in the flesh (John 1:1, 14) so when people saw Him, they were seeing God. So, yes, God can be "seen" and many people have "seen" God. At the same time, no one has ever seen God revealed in all His glory. In our fallen human condition, if God were to fully reveal Himself to us, we would be consumed and destroyed. Therefore, God veils Himself and appears in forms in which we can "see" Him. However, this is different than seeing God with all His glory and holiness displayed. People have seen visions of God, images of God, and appearances of God, but no one has ever seen God in all His fullness (Exodus 33:20).

I would think that the alleged creator would bestow upon us the ability to understand its logic and observe its presence. What is your process for rejecting religions that aren't Christianity? I assume you use logic and reason. 

I looked at every major religion and found that Christianity has made itself distinct and unique from those other religions in some key areas. So yes, I used logic and reason. Sorry to barge in.

I looked at every major religion and found that Christianity has made itself distinct and unique from those other religions in some key areas. So yes, I used logic and reason. Sorry to barge in.
Perhaps you just didn't put enough faith into those religions. You think that your logic is greater than the logic of those gods. 

Perhaps you just didn't put enough faith into those religions. You think that your logic is greater than the logic of those gods. 

I don't think those gods ever existed because of the evidence surrounding the religion of those gods.

I don't think those gods ever existed because of the evidence surrounding the religion of those gods.
Since when is faith evidence based? 
As far as studying the Bible I would say to start with a few practices. First, through prayer and humility, we must rely on the Holy Spirit to give us understanding. Second, we should always study Scripture in its context, recognizing that the Bible explains itself. Third, we should respect the efforts of other Christians, past and present, who have also sought to properly study the Bible. Remember, God is the author of the Bible, and He wants us to understand it.
Did you follow these steps to understand other religions that you looked at?

[quote name="GirlThatsBlanco"][quote name="Boris"]Perhaps you just didn't put enough faith into those religions. You think that your logic is greater than the logic of those gods.[/quote]I don't think those gods ever existed because of the evidence surrounding the religion of those gods.[/quote]But The followers of those religions see all kinds of evidence.

So objectively, they ARE real. No?

Since when is faith evidence based? 

Did you follow these steps to understand other religions that you looked at?

By evidence, I first look at each of the different religious text for what they are and what they say.

To answer your 2nd question, no to the first step because the Holy spirt is apart of the God of the Bible only, but yes to the other two steps. I think it is easier to explain the uniqueness of Christianity vs other religions and why I came to the conclusion that it is truth.

I never saw a response from you about my explanation on the Trinity and it not being polytheistic. Do you have a grasp of what the Bible says about one God existing as 3 persons now?

Man you was going around in circles.

The old testament comes from the Hebrew bible. Judaism doesn't even acknowledge a Holy Trinity. I was asking why do the original texts of the Hebrew bible speak on multiple Gods. You kept referencing the new testament and Jesus.

I realized and respected that you're coming from the mindset that the Bible is just this book written by God so it's unquestionable so I just let it go.

By evidence, I first look at each of the different religious text for what they are and what they say.

To answer your 2nd question, no to the first step because the Holy spirt is apart of the God of the Bible only, but yes to the other two steps. I think it is easier to explain the uniqueness of Christianity vs other religions and why I came to the conclusion that it is truth.
Faith, by definition, is not evidence based. So, you place faith in one religion but not the others. 

But The followers of those religions see all kinds of evidence.

So objectively, they ARE real. No?

Real to them? Yes, but Christianity has some distinct teachings that separate it from other religions which led to my conclusion that other religions are not truthful when I compare them all against each other. And I say not truthfull because they all contradict each other. They all claim their religion is the only way. So in essence all of them are saying the others are wrong. So when I compare any religion to another I keep that in mind.

Back
Top Bottom