Pat Riley Going to look Like a Genius in 2009......

what are you talking about cap room? how, its a fact the heat have 50 mil on the books the next 2 seasons(thats only counting 4 players). the heat will not be10 mil under the cap till shaq retires. try your dream again 2 years frow now.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Joey DORSEY 2nd round pick

He'll be a 1st round pick....I think you are getting some of your info from a certain mock-draft site which compared Deshawn Stevenson to Michael Jordan....

[table][tr][td]
deshawn_stevenson-hd.jpg

[/td] [td]
[size=+6]
#0[/size]

[/td] [td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Stats[/font]

[/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
DeShawn Stevenson
Birthdate: 4/3/81
NBA Position: Shooting Guard
College: None
Class: HS Senior
Ht: 6-5
Wt: 210
Hometown: Fresno, CA
High School:[/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Washington Union
Basketball Phenoms Profile
Fox Sports Profile[/font]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Athleticism: 10[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Size: 8[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Defense: 6[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Strength: 9[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quickness: 9[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Leadership: 8[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jump Shot: 7[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NBA Ready: 6[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Passing: 9[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Potential: 10[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ball Handling: 7[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Intangibles: 7[/font]
[/td] [/tr][/table][h2][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Overall: 96[/font][/h2][table][tr][td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NBA Comparison: Michael Jordan[/font]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

i may never use nbadraft.net ever again.

Originally Posted by miamipinoyboy

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

even with the expiring contracts, i don't think the heat have enough money to entice the top free agents next summer.

The Heat will be $20 million free of cap space from this season, and probably $21 million when Smush leaves the team.

Nope

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm
laugh.gif

Yeah you'll lose 20 million after this season, but thats because you're ALREADY OVER THE CAP.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Joey DORSEY 2nd round pick

He'll be a 1st round pick....I think you are getting some of your info from a certain mock-draft site which compared Deshawn Stevenson to Michael Jordan....
[table][tr][td]
deshawn_stevenson-hd.jpg

[/td] [td]
[size=+6]
#0[/size]

[/td] [td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Stats[/font]

[/td] [td][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
DeShawn Stevenson
Birthdate: 4/3/81
NBA Position: Shooting Guard
College: None
Class: HS Senior
Ht: 6-5
Wt: 210
Hometown: Fresno, CA
High School:[/font] [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Washington Union
Basketball Phenoms Profile
Fox Sports Profile[/font]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Athleticism: 10[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Size: 8[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Defense: 6[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Strength: 9[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quickness: 9[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Leadership: 8[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jump Shot: 7[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NBA Ready: 6[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Passing: 9[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Potential: 10[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ball Handling: 7[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Intangibles: 7[/font]
[/td] [/tr][/table][h2][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Overall: 96[/font][/h2] [table][tr][td]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NBA Comparison: Michael Jordan[/font]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

i may never use nbadraft.net ever again.

laugh.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif

Shaq is making 20 million.
I' msorry to say, but the Heat can't do anything until he leaves

Jaminson is the best fit for our team, unselfish, rebounds, plays solid D

roll.gif
roll.gif

I always find myself watching Wizards games and wishing I could defend Antawn's man for him, because I KNOW I could do a better job even though I'm6'3" and not that good at basketball.
laugh.gif
Dude is unadulterated garbage on the defensive end.

I'm still hoping for a miracle to happen w/this season. I'm not giving up on my team.

P.s. Thanx for the memories ZO

Originally Posted by Air273

what are you talking about cap room? how, its a fact the heat have 50 mil on the books the next 2 seasons(thats only counting 4 players). the heat will not be 10 mil under the cap till shaq retires. try your dream again 2 years frow now.
Never said we would be under the cap, said we would have cap expiring contracts and ability to use that money to get new players..................

Miami Heat Salary 2007-2008 Season $72,491,246
Miami Heat Salary 2008-2009 Season $52, 008,781
Cap Room from last year's salary $20,482,465

What team is going to win a Championship being under the NBA salary cap????

Since the Heat will be missing the playoffs and will be selecting among the top 5, I think the desperately need someone like Rose although I believe Beasley isthe best prospect for this years draft.

Since the Heat will be missing the playoffs and will be selecting among the top 5, I think the desperately need someone like Rose although I believe Beasley isthe best prospect for this years draft.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

you still have 6 starters...

Dude its 5 starters, the SF position has 2 starters Marion and Jamison as the 2 options that the Heat will try and get, Im just showing you the 2 at theposition to see what it will look like- the Heat cannot sign both Marion and Jamison
And if people are reading this thinking I intended to sign both players yall are on something and need to read - Heat sign Marion oooorrrrrr Jamisonnot both

Originally Posted by miamipinoyboy

Originally Posted by Andrew630

you still have 6 starters...

Dude its 5 starters, the SF position has 2 starters Marion and Jamison as the 2 options that the Heat will try and get, Im just showing you the 2 at the position to see what it will look like- the Heat cannot sign both Marion and Jamison
And if people are reading this thinking I intended to sign both players yall are on something and need to read - Heat sign Marion oooorrrrrr Jamison not both

The heat cannot sign either of them PERIOD.

The 20 million in expiring contracts is just that, EXPIRED. You cant use that money to sign new players. Once you're over the cap, you can only use themle or lle or minimum to sign players, or acquire players through trades that have matching contracts money wise. Since you'll still be at 50 million inthe summer, you'll be over the cap so this applies to your team.
The only way you can get Jamison or Marion is by trading for them before the trade deadline using those expiring contracts......otherwise you'regetting nothing.

Do you understand how it works now? Because its very apparent that you don't.

What free agent in their right mind would want to go to Miami in the first place? There is no guarantee that Dwayne Wade will be there beyond that 3 year dealhe signed. It would be STUPID to pay Jamison top dollar for a guy who will be 32 years old very soon. He won't take the MLE, so the Heat would have to ponyup some dough. Out of loyalty, I could see him re-signing with Washington. This Miami Heat team is old, and they almost need to start rebuilding. I don'tthink that Jamison in this point of his career would be too interested in going to a team that is as bad as the Heat. No matter for what the money. Also, withShawn Marion if you give him the top money that he wants that would be another horrible contract. He will be 30 years old very soon and he has a lot of wear onhis legs. You don't want your team in the same predicament as Chicago when they signed Ben Wallace to a stupid deal. That will hurt your team in the longrun, rather than solving a problem in the short term. Also, There is no promise that Miami will get a top 3 pick (where Rose should go).

*As far as Dorsey...sure, his height may be an issue as well as his age, but that is not going to hold him back as far as getting into round 1. If he has astrong showing at the PIT, and impresses during his individual workouts, he is going to be a lock for round 1. This guy has a nice upside, and if you watch anyof the Memphis games you would know that he doesn't take a lot of shots...don't be fooled by his lack of scoring....Memphis has plenty of options asfar as guys who can put the ball in the hoop, and that isn't really what Dorsey is asked to do....He outplayed one of the premier big men in the country(Roy Hibbert) 2 weeks ago, and people noticed....he has experience on Team USA, and has been the DPOY in C-USA. I think this is a guy who could average closeto double-digit rebounds on the next level at some point in his (professional) career. Round 1 is not a stretch for Dorsey, and going back to the workouts etc.look no further than Renaldo Balkman, who was considered a 2nd round pick at best until his strong showing in the NIT and in some of the pre-draft camps....

Notice the most notable heat fans havent replied in this thread for a reason...

... and plus, the season is far from over. only 30 games in, another 50 to go. Anything, and I mean ANYTHING, can happen.

I hope Rose doesnt go to Miami...I don't feel like his talent would be showcased next to a guy like Wade. Rose needs to be the primary ballhandler whereverhe goes. I think Seattle would be a great fit for him.

let me guess your favorite college team is the Tigers, who you going to have coaching the Heat - nba reject Calipari?

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

How the hell do you know they'll get all those players?? Because they will be so impressed with the Heat's current winning and the fact that Shaq, who is already in serious decline, will be yet another year older?
this reminds me of the time fresh said the sixers were gonna all them high picks and they ended up with nothing
laugh.gif

what the hell happend to shaq? he has fallen off hard...

Back
Top Bottom