::PAU GASOL TRADED TO LAKERS - CONFIRMED BY ESPN, Yahoo!, LA Times::

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I don't see how anyone can compare to that starting five the Lakers have now, seriously. Yes, the Celtics have a good line-up with their big three, but when you have three formers/current all-stars in Odom, Gasol, Kobe, and a great playoff tested guard in Fisher, and a rising center in Bynum? No thanks I'd take those five over the Celtics and their unproven guard (we'll see how he does in the Playoffs, and how he does against the Billups of the Playoffs), and Kendrick Perkins.

You have a good point my friend, but I think you're missing out on something here.

The Lakers with Gasol, Bynum, Fisher, Odom and Kobe as a starting 5 have played exactly how many games?

I'm not saying that to be funny or to try to !+$! on them, but it's the truth. This is a tremendous trade for the Lake show and while ANYTHING is animprovement over Kwame, the team still has to gel together and Bynum has to be the same player after the injury that he was before it...he's still young,so hopefully it didn't stagnate his growth. If you were to say they have the POTENTIAL to have the best starting 5 in the league,than that's fine. But already claiming them as such is dismissing the job the C's have done this year, plus other teams.

Let them all play a couple of games first and see how the team gels together and if players get accustomed to different roles and if they play as a unit.But don't crown their %+%#+, word to Dennis Green.
laugh.gif

I'm hoping for the best though...no more complaints from Kobe now.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Lakers' fans are the ABSOLUTE worst.
This coming from Warriors fans how many of those would there be if they lost in the 1st round like they should have last year.....
indifferent.gif
$%*@ outta here. Of course there are gonna be bandwagoners, but the majority of Warrior fans are not. Now Laker fans....

We just got Snoop and Jessica Alba back from the Warriors.
laugh.gif

frown.gif
frown.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Ghenges

The Lakers sent the Spurs packing and went to the Finals in 04 with Malone and Payton.
And then what happened?

Those two were already bums at that point.....4 HOF with 2 past their prime only sounds good....

And then what happened?
I dont really know where this comparison is going considering there are only two starters left from that team. Your just pulling random $!+% outof your **%

Daylight robbery. Now the Grizz have two of the biggest busts in the game in their front court.

So here's a question for the Laker fans:

You are currently tied for 4th in the west. Assuming Bynum comes back 100%, with Gasol, where do you see yourselves finishing this year? Does a healthy Bynumand Gasol win you a championship? I just want to know how many people agree.

Now don't get your feelings hurt by MY OPINION...but I think it definitely makes them better, but not a championship caliber team.

Originally Posted by l FR3SH l

Lakers still arent getting out the 1st round

Yeah...just like the Patriots aren't getting out the first round, either right?
laugh.gif

Or about how the Cowboys were going to crush the Giants?
laugh.gif

Man, I got to hand it to you...you keep failing at those predictions but that's not stopping you any time soon...

Laker fans, book your team to make it to the Finals now.

its being reported that memphis might buy out kwame and the lakers will re-sign him....

I refuse to post about this until I see Kwame in another uniform and his replacement (in this case, Gasol) in purple/gold.

Originally Posted by Ghenges

So here's a question for the Laker fans:

You are currently tied for 4th in the west. Assuming Bynum comes back 100%, with Gasol, where do you see yourselves finishing this year? Does a healthy Bynum and Gasol win you a championship? I just want to know how many people agree.

Now don't get your feelings hurt by MY OPINION...but I think it definitely makes them better, but not a championship caliber team.

I still see the Lakers finishing in the top 4 and making a deep playoff run. Not saying it's automatic finals, but we're definitely getting pastthe first round. Quote me on that.

Originally Posted by DaT SiCk KiD

Originally Posted by l FR3SH l

Lakers still arent getting out the 1st round

Yeah...just like the Patriots aren't getting out the first round, either right?
laugh.gif

Or about how the Cowboys were going to crush the Giants?
laugh.gif

Man, I got to hand it to you...you keep failing at those predictions but that's not stopping you any time soon...

Laker fans, book your team to make it to the Finals now.

LOL. He got you there. Except for that going to the finals thing, he pretty much nailed it.

You are currently tied for 4th in the west. Assuming Bynum comes back 100%, with Gasol, where do you see yourselves finishing this year? Does a healthy Bynum and Gasol win you a championship? I just want to know how many people agree.
honestly, I definately dont think this trade takes us to the finals YET. Right now I think we will probably get into the second round, and thenafter another year of chemistry and LEARNING the triangle (which is pretty hard for people like Kwame) we start talking about advancing past the second round.

Lakers fans were unbearable before, but now it will 10 x worse
I know, we are going to have to listen to your crying and *****ing constantly now.

Sidenote: So Kwame is coming back to the Lakers? !!%% THAT and !!%% you too Kwame. I hope someone throws a basketball at you and ends your career.

Back
Top Bottom