People of Mixed Nationality/ethnicity

Mexican Salvadorean

I embrace both equally, although there is a bias toward the Mexican side since my grandparents were around when we were kids and helped raise us and my mom doesn't like being around people from the motherland since she can't stand their *#%#%
laugh.gif

I've been out to ES twice, last time in '02. Only visited my dads motherland once 5 years ago, will be visiting this year again.

I think it's more of a reflection of what you were exposed to as opposed to what you may "choose"

I equally love Pupusas and Tacos

Although I HATE Sopa de pata, that *!@* is disgusting... gimme some menudo or Pozole any day.

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by toast1985

I'm half Nigerian, half African American. Its funny to see the disparities between the two cultures. You wouldn't think there be one given, we're both black, but its alive and marginal.

...I would connect more with my American side, given I was raised with an American Mother. By my Nigerian side is hard to hide given my name of all things.
Never understood this

Originally Posted by Hankzilla

Originally Posted by kiuyt856

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

I'm all of us are proud of that, he means culturally though.

I know but that doesn't matter, culture also divides us which is what I don't like about people, plus culture and race go hand in hand.
Just because you love your culture doesn't mean you hate all the others.

I think its important to know who you are and what you come from. Thats part of why life is beautiful, because everybody's different. I disagree learning about that stuff isn't important, if you're a said race living in a predominately said race city/state/country then it's not important.

People let it divide us because they're ignorant/stupid/weren't raised well.

kkk-child-in-robe.jpg

smh.gif

WOW, I never said that, but people that do love their culture think their culture is better than said race's culture which makes them better then said person of another race, I see it all the TIME. Weren't raised well?  That statement in itself is ignorant, people always wanna blame the parents for how they were raised, I say 30% is parents then the other 70% is the kid developing a strong moral compass. People are never going to accept other people's beliefs/customs/culture/way of living, it's impossible. You're practically asking for there to be no wars, genocide, or discriminatory laws when I see people like yourself say they want integration of culture but down other cultures such as Homosexuals etc.
I'm proud to be black, but I don't hate any other races. How is it impossible. No I don't down homexexual culture or any other.
I don't want integration like everybody has to love and agree with all cultures. But people can be sensible enough not to hate someone solely because they're different.

And I think you're discounting parentage by a lot. If you're taught nothing but hate from a small age (like the pic), you're gonna be close minded in the future.
Especially if you're surrounded by a community that preach the same because they were raised the same way, like all of this

Jihad%20child.jpg
19.jpg

24.jpg

Whatever though I'm sure you'll never agree with and me with you

ethnic pride and nationalism is just plain foolish 

george carlin said it best......
you should be proud of your accomplishments, not something you are already born into, thats like proud of being 5'11" 

yeah, I do.....I'm Jamaican/Chinese and African-American, i definitely relate more to my Jamaican heritage
but that's because I lived in Jamaica as a kid, and I've always lived closer to my dad's side of the family
my mom's side lives far from me in Texas, so I don't get to see them as much, but I don't hide my African-American side tho

Originally Posted by toast1985

I'm half Nigerian, half African American. Its funny to see the disparities between the two cultures. You wouldn't think there be one given, we're both black, but its alive and marginal.

...I would connect more with my American side, given I was raised with an American Mother. By my Nigerian side is hard to hide given my name of all things.
Never understood this

People are African-American because they cannot specifically identify what African country they are from (slave trade). If you know what country you are from you can celebrate the culture of that country.

Originally Posted by Michaelfoooo

i just feel more prideful of being mexican since i know the history and culture. i hardly know anything about being salvadorian. i just wanted to see if there is any people that can relate.
Try to embrace what you are from all sides. It is good you took on your Mexican culture, but take it as your responsibility now to know more about the El Salvadorian culture and its history and roots. El Salvador have a fascinating history, and also when it comes to the civil war and the Sandanistas in the last couple of decades. You really do have to try to educate yourself all about that. 

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

you should be proud of your accomplishments, not something you are already born into, thats like proud of being 5'11" 

what i came in here to say. 

and i ll add being proud of your "favorite team" is also equally foolish.  unless you're playing on the team. 

Originally Posted by Breakyaneck3000

and i ll add being proud of your "favorite team" is also equally foolish.  unless you're playing on the team. 

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

have 3 citizenships

born in hawaii, raised up in vancouver, canada but parents are from hong kong.

i go to school in the states but whenever pple ask me what nationality i am, i always tell em im chinese.

i definitely take pride in being a chinese-canadian than an american. 

im from NY and my moms is italian/irish/german and my pops is el salvadorian and i feel more hispanic cuz im closer with my dad and my last name is hispanic which helps lol

im from NY and my moms is italian/irish/german and my pops is el salvadorian and i feel more hispanic cuz im closer with my dad and my last name is hispanic which helps lol

realistically, are we not ALL mixed ? to think you are PURE is ridiculous. unless you are indigenous then you have no say in this
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

tumblr_kzttb9PoMh1qzc4eao1_1280.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

My mom is Black and is from here in the states and my dad is white from Britain. I don't favor either one I just like being mixed.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

I'm all of us are proud of that, he means culturally though.

I know but that doesn't matter, culture also divides us which is what I don't like about people, plus culture and race go hand in hand.
Just because you love your culture doesn't mean you hate all the others.

I think its important to know who you are and what you come from. Thats part of why life is beautiful, because everybody's different. I disagree learning about that stuff isn't important, if you're a said race living in a predominately said race city/state/country then it's not important.

People let it divide us because they're ignorant/stupid/weren't raised well.

kkk-child-in-robe.jpg

smh.gif

WOW, I never said that, but people that do love their culture think their culture is better than said race's culture which makes them better then said person of another race, I see it all the TIME. Weren't raised well?  That statement in itself is ignorant, people always wanna blame the parents for how they were raised, I say 30% is parents then the other 70% is the kid developing a strong moral compass. People are never going to accept other people's beliefs/customs/culture/way of living, it's impossible. You're practically asking for there to be no wars, genocide, or discriminatory laws when I see people like yourself say they want integration of culture but down other cultures such as Homosexuals etc.
I'm proud to be black, but I don't hate any other races. How is it impossible. No I don't down homexexual culture or any other.
I don't want integration like everybody has to love and agree with all cultures. But people can be sensible enough not to hate someone solely because they're different.

And I think you're discounting parentage by a lot. If you're taught nothing but hate from a small age (like the pic), you're gonna be close minded in the future.
Especially if you're surrounded by a community that preach the same because they were raised the same way, like all of this

Whatever though I'm sure you'll never agree with and me with you

Proud to be black? Come on man, I'm just glad that white people got less crazy as Chris Rock has said many times. Our race didn't progress/earn the respect of white people, they just got less crazy. My man I strongly disagree with this statement 100%. Here's my example, I was taught by my parents to love God all the stuff, read the bible but I'm an Atheist because I learned what was right and wrong from my own experiences etc not what my parents told me was bad. My dad is a *!#@-hater/closed minded baboon he tried to brainwash me when I was little, I'm not close minded. Why you keep posting pics of white ignorance? Lemme even it out.
pic1.jpg
c1.jpg
351007.jpg

kabamntagstranstaag_000.jpg
Put cho Flame suit on my guy.

Back
Top Bottom