Peter Rosenberg says Jay-Z is riding Kanye West's Coattails & gets checked by Jay

Your case is stupid.

Jay can't have commercials for his album? Can't have promotion? He sold 1 mil digital and 1.3 physical period.

Stop making stupid cases scrambling for your next rebuttal trying to downplay Jays success to big up Kanye.

Who the **** cares what Kanye did with no promo. When the hell did that measure the success of an album.

Kanye got you sipping that sugar water.

Jay-Z can announce that he's having a concert tonight in the middle of the desert and the **** will sell out. **** ain't gon' happen for Kanye.

Last edited:
What I took from Yeezus.

The word of mouth from his album was terrible. Thus why sales dried up instead of having the usual slow burn of his past albums.

This should be interesting: What boundaries has Jay pushed musically?

GInfante is like Denzel right after that first array of bullets went into him in Training Day, gasping for air. Put that L in your pocket already
laugh.gif
There it is.

I ain't mad at anyone here for their opinion, it is a discussion...but no one has answered the question yet...what has Jay-Z done musically to push any boundary?

I ain't mad at anyone here for their opinion, it is a discussion...but no one has answered the question yet...what has Jay-Z done musically to push any boundary?

Who cares tho? It's not an artists job to push boundary's. They simply must make good music.

I guess the world is ok with 1000 Basquiats instead of one Michaelangelo. But hey what do I know.

Your question is somewhat vague to begin with.  The word "boundary" can apply to just about anything as it's not really descriptive given your question. 

Ok, let me expand...what has Jay-Z done differently, extreme differently that's signature to him? That you can say...Jay changed music, this is that way because of Jay

This should be interesting: What boundaries has Jay pushed musically?

What boundaries has Kanye pushed?

talking about God? nope...done before

an entire album of auto tune? wait nope...done before

Doing a shoe...done before

Clothing line...done before

Wearing a skirt? I guess

Wait, I have it, making people accepting of the bad music on Yeezus?

Ok, let me expand...what has Jay-Z done differently, extreme differently that's signature to him? That you can say...Jay changed music, this is that way because of Jay

who.........cares? and wtf are you talking about with your Basquiat comment?

what does that even mean? no one cares what boundaries Jay pushed because

we're gonna listen to his music that we like regardless. what in the HELL does that

have to do with the world being okay with 1000 Basquiats and 1 Michaelangelo? :lol:

if there's art and we like it...we're going to partake in it. simple. you being extra. you

tryna sound all high and mighty on the cool.

I guess the world is ok with 1000 Basquiats instead of one Michaelangelo. But hey what do I know.

You're doing too much. Fishing for an argument, trying desperately for a win.

I'm out.

Last edited:
Lmao you clearly disregarded when I said musically...but ok, not gonna argue with you guys.

Keep listening to Jay and his comfort zone music, my bad ya'll

What boundaries has Kanye pushed?

talking about God? nope...done before

an entire album of auto tune? wait nope...done before

Doing a shoe...done before

Clothing line...done before

Wearing a skirt? I guess

Wait, I have it, making people accepting of the bad music on Yeezus?
Boundaries? Being a vulnerable artist. There was a clear distinction between rap/hip hop before and after Kanye West. Before Kanye, Rap was either/or. You were either street/hood or backpacker. You were either Jay Z/2pac or Tribe Called Quest. Both of these groups were "cool" in their own ways. 

Kanye came in with an emotionally vulnerable record with the College Dropout at a commercial level. He made songs about being insecure, he made songs about being egotistical and materialistic, he made songs bout taking baths with his cousin, he made songs about working retail at the Mall.......these are all things that are NOT cool, not smooth, not slick. He was putting himself out there, his emotions and insecurities, all out there on record, being emotional was not cool in an "alpha" type scene like rap back in the 90's. 

After Kanye broke that barrier, it paved the way for an artist like Drake to put out his simp records. It paved the way for an artist like Kid Cudi to make a record about being a loner/depressed. It made vulnerable/emotional rap OK. If you're old enough, try to think back to the 90's and imagine a Drake putting out his simp songs, it wouldn't happen. 

Last edited:
Keep listening to Jay and his comfort zone music, my bad ya'll

i feel the need to inform you that the people who listen to Jay's "comfort zone"

music...also listen to whatever earth shattering music you listen to so you sound

pretentious. :rofl:

Last edited:
Boundaries? Being a vulnerable artist. There was a clear distinction between rap/hip hop before and after Kanye West. Before Kanye, Rap was either/or. You were either street/hood or backpacker. You were either Jay Z/2pac or Tribe Called Quest. Both of these groups were "cool" in their own ways. 

Kanye came in with an emotionally vulnerable record with the College Dropout at a commercial level. He made songs about being insecure, he made songs about being egotistical and materialistic, he made songs bout taking baths with his cousin, he made songs about working retail at the Mall.......these are all things that are NOT cool, not smooth, not slick. He was putting himself out there, his emotions and insecurities, all out there on record, being emotional was not cool in an "alpha" type scene like rap back in the 90's. 

After Kanye broke that barrier, it paved the way for an artist like Drake to put out his simp records. It paved the way for an artist like Kid Cudi to make a record about being a loner/depressed. It made vulnerable/emotional rap OK. If you're old enough, try to think back to the 90's and imagine a Drake putting out his simp songs, it wouldn't happen. 

So rappers weren't emotionally vulnerable before?

DMX? Tupac? Biggie?

My God, Ja Rule was on some love tip crying in videos.

Come on dude

Some of you must have a limited knowledge of rap.

I already discussed the lane that Kanye opened up as far as a perception and marketing standpoint, but emotionally vulnerable :lol:

Next dudes are going to say Kanye brought soul samples to rap. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom