Peter Rosenberg says Jay-Z is riding Kanye West's Coattails & gets checked by Jay

I mean you guys keep switching your argument around to make different points

I remember in that Yeezus thread, dudes were saying that you would get the best experience listening to it if it was playing in an underground club in Amsterdam w/ a banging system. :lol: Dudes making all kinds of excuses to rationalize why they thought it was good.

I dunno if it's me, but **** should be able to knock if you're listening to it on some $2 headphones or some $299 Beats joints. If it knocks, it knocks...period.

This :lol:
But it was something super dramatic like "you not gonna understand this unless you're riding with the top down in Prague a 6 series at 4:00 am euro time with a faded white chick in the passenger seat after leaving the most exclusive club in town that had the best sound system in that time zone" type ********. I quit with that thread right then and there.

Meanwhile Jay paid RIAA to change it's regulations for those Samsung copies to count. Oook

Either if Ye sold 1Mil or 700, we're talking RIAA guidelines that EVERY artist falls under, so it's not like it's invalid.

That's because they count shipments

Actual sales, he didn't sell platinum. He hasn't sold 700.

You can look at the weekly sales charts and see how much he actually sold.

I love how you slid in like you weren't a fanboy with that silly question. :lol:

Blood either way he's certified Platinum and has the plaque for it. And at the end of the day these two are feeding off eachother and helping build a bigger plateau for all those who follow why try and bring down one and praise the other.

Either if Ye sold 1Mil or 700, we're talking RIAA guidelines that EVERY artist falls under, so it's not like it's invalid.

What are you talking about.

Do you know what guidelines the RIAA even uses?

The RIAA has always changed their standards with changes in technology. If you're going to count shipments due to what Best Buy, Walmart and Target bought, you should count what Samsung bought. That's common sense.

And again, he sold a million without Samsung.

But they dropped 2 weeks apart. The regulations changed within 2 weeks? Samsung is a brick & mortar store? Lmao

Blood either way he's certified Platinum and has the plaque for it. And at the end of the day these two are feeding off eachother and helping build a bigger plateau for all those who follow why try and bring down one and praise the other.

I don't even care, because I come from an era when sales didn't matter.

If you're going to mention facts, at least be correct.

Much less the innuendo that sales actually mean something.

GInfante is like Denzel right after that first array of bullets went into him in Training Day, gasping for air. Put that L in your pocket already :lol:

Samsung is what? Digital sales...which is what Kanye dominates...stop man just stop

Seems like ever since WTT Jay and Ye stans been at war. Acting like you can't give credit to both, it's either one or the other. :lol:

What I meant was, who do you guys think would be the top guy?, would Jay still be relevant?

Jay and Kanye aren't in the same lane.

Kanye opened the door for Drake, Kendrick, Kid Cudi, Lupe, Schoolboy...

I agree on Drake and Cudi and Kendrick to an extent but School Boy Q raps about being a Crip, drugs, partying. Nothing like Ye.

Last edited:
They didn't give it away which furthers my point...Ye didn't need that to go platinum, much less promotion.

Jay wasn't all over TV with commercials for his album?

Meanwhile Jay paid RIAA to change it's regulations for those Samsung copies to count. Oook
Samsung bought 1 million Digital copies albums from jay but when you look at soundscan jay sold 1.3 million physical copies in stores. Soundscan doesn't count digital copies. So jay didn't need to them to buy 1 million albums for him to go plat. 

They didn't give it away which furthers my point...Ye didn't need that to go platinum, much less promotion.

Beyonce didn't have any promotion, released an album in the middle of the night and went platinum [shrug]

Do you know what your point is?

Yeezus went plat with no promo Ye won.
Jay went to Samsung to up his numbers Jay lost.

If Bey did it why couldn't Jay do it? Come on man...you say sales don't matter then why did Jay have them change regulation to count sales?

ce5833f4_clark-cape-gif.gif

Case in point, Ye prolonged Jays career...fact. I ain't gonna argue that any further. Facts show it.

Back
Top Bottom