Pharrell vs Timbaland who ya got?

• Pharrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timbaland

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Timbo's beats will stand the test of time. Pharrell's already forgotten
This beat has been forgotten?  Kill that noise fam

Grindin' being played at lunch tables around the world is the deciding factor :rofl:

Maybe it was played across the country because it was the easiest to do at the lunch table and sounded good. Beat is great but come on.

Ginuwine - The Bachelor :x :smh: :smokin

Both of these guys do not get the credit they deserve forsure. I think Timbaland has better creative vision than Pharrell, so he is the one who you would want to executive produce your entire album. You will definitely be in Grammy contention with him behind the wheel but if you just want a crazy banger for the summer you have to go with the Neptunes. The other day in my trunk Busta- What it is, and Jay-Z Give it to me come on back to back on my ipod. When they are on top of their game, no one is effin with them.

Pharrell.. imo he is way more musical than Timbo.

His catalog speaks for itself. And are people forgetting about his NERD projects as well? Even if you think NERD sucks (I know some people do), the fact that he had the creativity to branch out and try something like that speaks to his status as a musical innovator.

*ALSO, since everybody's been praising Timbo for his production on Timberlake's albums. Let's not act like Timbo didn't steal the whole "bridge" concept from Pharrell.. ie what he did on 20/20 and FS/LS where he switches up the beat mid-song. The Neptunes/NERD were doing that since the early 2000s. Someone please show me an example of Timbo doing that before the 'Tunes did.. I'll wait

Last edited:
Timberland sucks...

easily Pharrell and The Neptunes.

*ALSO, since everybody's been praising Timbo for his production on Timberlake's albums. Let's not act like Timbo didn't steal the whole "bridge" concept from Pharrell.. ie what he did on 20/20 and FS/LS where he switches up the beat mid-song. The Neptunes/NERD were doing that since the early 2000s. Someone please show me an example of Timbo doing that before the 'Tunes did.. I'll wait

Take your pick. He used bridges in Rap tracks, and R&B, come again?

Bruh, he's the king of bridges and switch ups, his catalogue its way too deep, this is just some of the ones that got some radio play, if i actually did a search the evidence would be overwhelming.

I feel like if you pick Pharrell over Timbaland, you don't know how long his history really is. I've been a big fan of the Neptunes since I heard "D-Game" on the 504 Boyz album but picking him over Timberland is insane. I guess it's all opinions though.

Its always hard for me to choose. After Teddy Riley and R. Kelly, all 3 of these guys pretty much became the template for modern mainstream r&b/hip hop music. The Neptunes continue to surprise me with the top shelf stuff they produce that goes unreleased. The Neptunes are most definitely more melodical. Timbaland (being a dj) has always been a little more beat-driven. Until Timbo comes off of those unreleased Ginuwine tracks, I refuse to pick. lol

Last edited:
TIMBALAND. By FAR.

We Need A Resolution & J**** What J**** Who > anything in the Neptunes catalog.

Dude started that reversing samples trend that folks still swag jack today.

Last edited:
How is this even debatable? Timbo wins, hands down. I actually like both producers as well but this shouldn't even be close.
mean.gif
people don't realize that a lot of the snares and synth sounds that weren't cool to use or popin in the 90's and 2k's timb made standard.Even certain beat patterns. If we are talking OVERALL production, like the final product, with the song and track, Timb is way too creative. Not taking anything away from the Neps. People need to realize behind almost every major producer that people rave about, is a production team. Timb+Danger+OtherTeamMembers> Chad+Pharell+otherTeamMembers. Done
an timbaland got his start learnin from Devante of Jodeci 
Teddy Riley if y'all really wanna take it there...
Quincy Jones if yawl really really wanna take it there...

Grindin' being played at lunch tables around the world is the deciding factor :rofl:

Maybe it was played across the country because it was the easiest to do at the lunch table and sounded good. Beat is great but come on.

Ginuwine - The Bachelor :x :smh: :smokin

this

the ease and enthusiasm with which middle schoolers replicate your beat on lunch tables should not be a serious criterion for best producer. :rofl:

How is this even debatable? Timbo wins, hands down. I actually like both producers as well but this shouldn't even be close.:smh: people don't realize that a lot of the snares and synth sounds that weren't cool to use or popin in the 90's and 2k's timb made standard.Even certain beat patterns. If we are talking OVERALL production, like the final product, with the song and track, Timb is way too creative. Not taking anything away from the Neps. People need to realize behind almost every major producer that people rave about, is a production team. Timb+Danger+OtherTeamMembers> Chad+Pharell+otherTeamMembers. Done

an timbaland got his start learnin from Devante of Jodeci 
Teddy Riley if y'all really wanna take it there...

Quincy Jones if yawl really really wanna take it there...

View media item 355445

That gif got me :rofl: ...

...but yo, there's a Teddy Riley interview floating around where he was asked this very question - it was cool to see Master Splinter's response to the "Leo or Raph."

Think i have to take Pharrell but Timbo still capable of creating some bangers,

I miss the days the Neptunes were on everything out

Last edited:
Forgot how Timbo destroyed that Godzilla sample on that Ginuwine video from above
pimp.gif

The Total - What About Us video you posted was an uptempo banger to that Soul Food soundtrack, and made me think back to that SWV and Timbo - Can We Get Kinky Tonight.....

which then reminded me of Neptunes producing SWV - Use Your Heart back in the day!!!

Damn this is tough,...I still listen to Supa Dupa Fly off of the beats alone, they still sound refreshing

Back
Top Bottom