Photos Allegedly Show Islamic State Throwing Gay Men Off a Building

Enh...to them it IS about religion though, even though they're clearly off base (and that's putting it lightly).

So yeah, they're doing this in the name of their religion.
You might be right about most of them but, I believe there are plenty that are just plain angry/misguided individuals that are doing this for their own reasons and others that blindly joining to fill in something that missing in their lives(like gangs). Both are using religion as an excuse. However, like you said, I'm sure a sizable portion believe that they are doing this for God or out of fear of change among to their society.

Oh, I definitely agree with you. The **** is like a cult--there's bound to be those lost souls, looking for anything to bring meaning to their lives. But the issue at hand for those in power in ISIS is religion.

never ending cycle. western powers show 'easterners' as barbaric. easterners stereotyped as savages. however, no one actually thinks about how westerners have no business being over there in the first place.
What you said happens but, in this case, ISIS is killing other middle-eastern people. Let's not play the blame game before you even get a grasp of the situation.

This is not about religion, it's about savages allowed to act accordingly and blind followers that let others dictate what's right and are afraid to be an individual.
um how is it not since the existence and creation of religion this has gone on with every religion... the roman catholics had their period, christians theirs so on and so on.... its just this is the most current and especially with social media and a nation of microwave minds this is just the one following thats in the forefront and ppl are focusing on.

Oh, I definitely agree with you. The **** is like a cult--there's bound to be those lost souls, looking for anything to bring meaning to their lives. But the issue at hand for those in power in ISIS is religion.
You're right, the orders were probably carried out, if not, directly influenced by the generally ideology of ISIS, which fundamentals are based on radically-religious teachings.

um how is it not since the existence and creation of religion this has gone on with every religion... the roman catholics had their period, christians theirs so on and so on.... its just this is the most current and especially with social media and a nation of microwave minds this is just the one following thats in the forefront and ppl are focusing on.
You can compare this to the Crusades and the atrocities that went on but, I personally belief that some of those that are recruited(especially people from afluent communities) are joining for multiple reasons that aren't particularly religion driven. I just feel that it's easy to just chalk this as a purely religious act.

You can compare this to the Crusades and the atrocities that went on but, I personally belief that some of those that are recruited(especially people from afluent communities) are joining for multiple reasons that aren't particularly religion driven. I just feel that it's easy to just chalk this as a purely religious act.

the Crusades killed 2 to 4 million

compare?

nah.

i do think this could spark a 'Crusades' type violent reaction against Muslims though, which i believe is why the media is pushing so hard to detach religion away from this group

the Crusades killed 2 to 4 million

compare?

nah.

i do think this could spark a 'Crusades' type violent reaction against Muslims though, which i believe is why the media is pushing so hard to detach religion away from this group
The reasoning and acts mirror a similar mindset as the Crusades. Intolerance and acts of violence based on religion(for the most part).

What you said happens but, in this case, ISIS is killing other middle-eastern people. Let's not play the blame game before you even get a grasp of the situation.

isis is killing other people, but isn't this our fault for being there in the first place? a good amount of americans pre-9/11 perhaps couldn't even geographically locate the countries which have been going to war with in the past 15 years. seems like this isis thing is just more ammo for justification for STILL being there after 14 years. instead of continuing to fight a war on terror half a world away, why not fight a war on poverty at home.

Last edited:

isis is killing other people, but isn't this our fault for being there in the first place? a good amount of americans pre-9/11 perhaps couldn't even geographically locate the countries which have been going to war with in the past 15 years. seems like this isis thing is just more ammo for justification for STILL being there after 14 years. instead of continuing to fight a war on terror half a world away, why not fight a war on poverty at home.

You can just keep going back in time to blame someone else with that sort of logic.

You can just keep going back in time to blame someone else with that sort of logic.

which is why we need to stop trying to tell people what they can and cannot do. especially when we have enough domestic problems at home.

this world we live in has some crazy stuff indeed. of course, there's worse out there but dang.

ideas and beliefs conceived thousands of years ago continue to have drastic effects on this day..

Isis originated from Syria, so they would have developed into what they are now whether we got involved or not. Shiite and Sunni conflicts nor hate crime such as this have no direct connection to us being there.

Isis originated from Syria, so they would have developed into what they are now whether we got involved or not. Shiite and Sunni conflicts nor hate crime such as this have no direct connection to us being there.

but these islamic extremist is our fault. my point is we have no real reason being there. most of us would not even subscribe to this newsfeed but now that we are there, it is as if we have to bump more money into a war that is not harming me nor the common american. however, what is harming me is the way cards are stacked against minorities in our own country.

but these islamic extremist is our fault. my point is we have no real reason being there. most of us would not even subscribe to this newsfeed but now that we are there, it is as if we have to bump more money into a war that is not harming me nor the common american. however, what is harming me is the way cards are stacked against minorities in our own country.
I don't think we should have carried out the Iraq war either but, we are not the reason for terrorism. Terrorist would be around regardless because their ideal society is threatened by the western world's influence. They don't want independent women, they don't want homosexuality, they don't want consumerism, these all threaten what they're use to, so I think they would be attacking the western and commiting atrocities such as this regardless if we're involved or not.

nor was the Afghanistan invasion. in some ways, we are the reason why they have reverted to terrorism. how would you act if foreign people all of sudden show up to your country begin breaking down your doors, harassing your family. stepping foot into your house which is your sanctuary without merit. causing your baby sons and daughters to fear for their life just because they have inside 'intelligence' wouldn't that turn you into an extremist? i know i probably would if i was in my 20's or 30's. of course, there was extremism before 9/11 in that region of the world, however the reason why Afghanistan was controlled by al-qada was because US armed al-qada with arms to defeat the russians. so therefore, we have been playing a part in it.

nor was the Afghanistan invasion. in some ways, we are the reason why they have reverted to terrorism. how would you act if foreign people all of sudden show up to your country begin breaking down your doors, harassing your family. stepping foot into your house which is your sanctuary without merit. causing your baby sons and daughters to fear for their life just because they have inside 'intelligence' wouldn't that turn you into an extremist? i know i probably would if i was in my 20's or 30's. of course, there was extremism before 9/11 in that region of the world, however the reason why Afghanistan was controlled by al-qada was because US armed al-qada with arms to defeat the russians. so therefore, we have been playing a part in it.

just stop.

this has been going on over there since the beginning of time

I'll never understand why some people will go to such great lengths over religion. This is inhumane smh.
This is not about religion, it's about savages allowed to act accordingly and blind followers that let others dictate what's right and are afraid to be an individual.

Enh...to them it IS about religion though, even though they're clearly off base (and that's putting it lightly).

IM NOT CONDONING THIS

Is it off base?

Or is it western religion thats been molded and morphed and changed to better fit the "goals" of our society.

I mean they're actually following their religion, we're steady changing, flipping and flopping to better suit what we WANT to do....and we call THEM savages.

They say the same about us.

Again..
IM NOT CONDONING THIS

I'll never understand why some people will go to such great lengths over religion. This is inhumane smh.

IM NOT CONDONING THIS

Is it off base?

Or is it western religion thats been molded and morphed and changed to better fit the "goals" of our society.

I mean they're actually following their religion, we're steady changing, flipping and flopping to better suit what we WANT to do....and we call THEM savages.

They say the same about us.

Again..
IM NOT CONDONING THIS
I'm not even going to pretend to know a lot about Islam.  But does the Qur'an encourage the types of actions that ISIS is taking?  

If not, how are they following their religion?  What about the millions of other Muslims that don't condone this type of behavior?  Are they the ones really in the wrong?  

Qur'an (7:80-84) - "...For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds.... And we rained down on them a shower (of brimstone)" - An account that is borrowed from the Biblical story of Sodom. Muslim scholars through the centuries have interpreted the "rain of stones" on the town as meaning that homosexuals should be stoned, since no other reason is given for the people's destruction. (The story is also repeated in suras 27 and 29)
See, here's my issue with interpreting religious texts.  Is that saying that people "should" stone homosexuals, as in giving a command?  Or is it giving an account of a situation where they were stoned?  Maybe different people interpret it differently in an effort to fit their agenda (which is why religion is questionable)?  

How similar are the Bible and the Quran?
Are there different versions of the Quran like there is the Bible?
I'm a noob at this , so tell me if I'm wrong, but I would think that the Old Testament would be similar to the Quran.

Just curious.

Back
Top Bottom