Pimp C appreciation

So im from Texas and i grew up on dude but i never really knew how people felt about him outside of the south NT what is your thoughts on PIMP C

Born and raised in NY Pimp C is one of my favorite PEOPLE ever not even just the music which I Love, but he was one of the realist cats ever

I also think artist should listen more to some of the things he said he was very intelligent and ahead of his time his vision for artists taking control over the industry themselves was great

Born and raised in NY Pimp C is one of my favorite PEOPLE ever not even just the music which I Love, but he was one of the realist cats ever

I also think artist should listen more to some of the things he said he was very intelligent and ahead of his time his vision for artists taking control over the industry themselves was great
he was one funny dude that spoke his mind and did not care one bit what people thought of him

One of the realest dudes to ever pick up a mic...

The pimp will forever live.

Last edited:
Grew up in CA, and I always liked Pimp better than Bun

Smell like sixty-four dollar cologne
Comin down in burgundy Brougham
and I keep a chip off in my phone

pimp.gif

Kept it 100 on his interview with Hot 107.9 in Atlanta several years back. Said a lot of things that needed to be said and you can attribute some of his comments to real life situations outside of music.

I'm a New Yorker and I love Pimp C, he was a good MC and he always kept it real. I couldn't help but respect him, he has some of the best interviews I've ever heard and Ridin' Dirty is an all time classic rap record.

As we know, the good die young... I always viewed him as a straight southern OG, poor cat turned D boy turned famous rapper came across a lot of people/personalitites/characters which always showed in his raps/interviews when speaking his mind and writing his rhymes. As you know OP, homies a gawd in those Port Arthur... Houston... West Lousiana areas.

Watch Yo Paper, Guard Ya Life... Cause Most These N_'s Ain't Livin Right.
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Loved the Pimp. Wish he was still around to give us more music and just speak on the rap game in general. "Shattered Dreams" is probably one of the realist songs you'll hear from him. Somebody that embodies the soul of the south right there.

I know the lyrics to every song on his pimpalation ablum & majority of sweet james story

Dude is a legend

Last edited:
I'm from Cleveland and for some reason in the late 90's and early 2000's - Houston had a big impact on our region, from Fat Pat, to UGK, to the whole Screwed up Movement.

But I was introduced to UGK and Pimp in 1997 or 98. Believe it or not, the lamest dude I knew during the time got me hip to Pimp C. I was in middle school and the lame kid would be listeing to Ridin' Dirty literally everyday of that summer before school started..I was very intrigued because both Bun and Pimp had distinct sounds and it was raw, and you can tell they were keeping it real in their rhymes.

As the world turns with 50 was probably the song that stood and really grabbed my interest into UGK.

Ever since than I was an actual fan, and this was before they actually went mainstream and joined Jay Z.

After that song with 50, Jay jumped on the bandwagon and joined UGK for Big Pimpin. So technically, 50 influneced Jay to make that song with them (same type of pimping content). So in a way, 50 Cent introduced me to UGK :smokin along with the lame kid that I knew (props to the lame kid though :lol:)

And I've been a fan and respect UGK since.

Last edited:
Agree with everything said in this thread but one thing that hasn't been brought up, Pimp C is one of the most underrated PRODUCERS in the history of the genre. One of the best to ever do it imo.

Rep this man. :pimp:

Heeyyy baby, we sho' love to ballllll :pimp:

It was made for lickin, a whole lotta stickin :pimp:

When my **** get hard you see that big ol *** vein :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom