Pippen Says LeBron is "Best Player Ever"

Originally Posted by AirJordans23

Teammates being equal, if I had to pick ONE man in the history of the NBA to win ONE game for a championship, it would be Michael Jordan over everybody.  Next would be Magic and Larry.  Michael Jordan is the most cold-blooded, ruthless competitor in the history of professional team sports, and that can't be measured by height, weight, points, assists, or rebounds.  Lebron is a great player, sure.  But would Michael Jordan during his title years LET someone like Lebron James beat him?  Hell no.  Jordan denied almost an entire GENERATION of players from winning a title, and the only reason Olajuwon and Drexler won was because he was busy chasing curveballs for 18 months.
Jordan at age 25, 26 would NEVER quit on his team against a superior opponent, such as Bird's Celtics or the Bad Boy Pistons, like Lebron clearly did in exasperation against the Celtics last year.  And Jordan would've NEVER signed as a free agent with two other stars to help carry the load.  Also, Jordan won all 6 titles WITHOUT a dominant low-post scorer, which is something Kobe and even Bird and Magic can't say.  Jordan also played during the most rugged, brutal defensive era in NBA history, leading to all the defensive rule changes players today enjoy.  The NBA today is LESS physical than NCAA basketball right now...it's a Euroleague dominated by small, quick point guards and finesse players (there's only ONE truly dominant center in the NBA now - Dwight Howard). 

A lot of you keep mentioning stats and hardware but you're overlooking the intangibles.  Jordan in his prime would rip Lebrons's beating heart out, stomp on it, gulp down a Gatorade, then smoke a victory cigar.

Case closed, mofos.
This whole post is all that needs to be said.  Lock this thread up.

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Teammates being equal, if I had to pick ONE man in the history of the NBA to win ONE game for a championship, it would be Michael Jordan over everybody.  Next would be Magic and Larry.  Michael Jordan is the most cold-blooded, ruthless competitor in the history of professional team sports, and that can't be measured by height, weight, points, assists, or rebounds.  Lebron is a great player, sure.  But would Michael Jordan during his title years LET someone like Lebron James beat him?  Hell no.  Jordan denied almost an entire GENERATION of players from winning a title, and the only reason Olajuwon and Drexler won was because he was busy chasing curveballs for 18 months.
Jordan at age 25, 26 would NEVER quit on his team against a superior opponent, such as Bird's Celtics or the Bad Boy Pistons, like Lebron clearly did in exasperation against the Celtics last year.  And Jordan would've NEVER signed as a free agent with two other stars to help carry the load.  Also, Jordan won all 6 titles WITHOUT a dominant low-post scorer, which is something Kobe and even Bird and Magic can't say.  Jordan also played during the most rugged, brutal defensive era in NBA history, leading to all the defensive rule changes players today enjoy.  The NBA today is LESS physical than NCAA basketball right now...it's a Euroleague dominated by small, quick point guards and finesse players (there's only ONE truly dominant center in the NBA now - Dwight Howard). 

A lot of you keep mentioning stats and hardware but you're overlooking the intangibles.  Jordan in his prime would rip Lebrons's beating heart out, stomp on it, gulp down a Gatorade, then smoke a victory cigar.

Case closed, mofos.

This is one of the most overrated phrases for Mj. i love Mj, but he denied who he played. At most he denied barkley who only made it once and was denied by Houston and Jazz to making it to the Finals.
Denied a young Sonics team who were upset in the first round a couple years before by the 8th.

he really did Deny Clyde, but Clyde wasn't that great. A glorified shooter

he def denied the Jazz.

Indy denied theKnicks couple of times. 

I mean to say he denied a generation is stupid. 

Case closed, mofos.

This is one of the most overrated phrases for Mj. i love Mj, but he denied who he played. At most he denied barkley who only made it once and was denied by Houston and Jazz to making it to the Finals.
Denied a young Sonics team who were upset in the first round a couple years before by the 8th.

he def denied the Jazz.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Case closed, mofos.

he def denied the Jazz.

Glad someone sees it for what it is. And the whole he would never quit join forces with others is bs. We dont no because he was never put in the position. I said this in another thread. Chicago as a team and as an ownership/orginazation/city trumps clevland. No way in hell he couldve won anything in clevland. Stats even show they are the worst city/state in all of sports.... alll of sports. They have the worst ownership decision makers and least desirable city ever...... i mean ever. Ppl expected LBJ to ressurect/save the city and state. Hell god doesnt even give a +!+ about the city/state, and cant even save it, yet ppl really expected a black kid born from a crazy single mother from the ghetto too?

Whats next, you want lbj to walk on water, turn water to wine too. And yea jordan played in a physical time... early in his career. By the time he was established as a elite player jordan got calls like crazy. lets not act like mj wasnt beloved by the nba and if you sneezed near him it wasnt called a foul. Hell you got refs now that say pretty much if it look like mj was gonna get touched it was a foul. And yes mj dominanted but lets not act like at a time he was winning he didnt have hof players, and at the position he played most of the greats where aging headed out the door, and the soon too be good/greats where rooks young players havent yet came into their own yet.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Case closed, mofos.

he def denied the Jazz.

Glad someone sees it for what it is. And the whole he would never quit join forces with others is bs. We dont no because he was never put in the position. I said this in another thread. Chicago as a team and as an ownership/orginazation/city trumps clevland. No way in hell he couldve won anything in clevland. Stats even show they are the worst city/state in all of sports.... alll of sports. They have the worst ownership decision makers and least desirable city ever...... i mean ever. Ppl expected LBJ to ressurect/save the city and state. Hell god doesnt even give a +!+ about the city/state, and cant even save it, yet ppl really expected a black kid born from a crazy single mother from the ghetto too?

Whats next, you want lbj to walk on water, turn water to wine too. And yea jordan played in a physical time... early in his career. By the time he was established as a elite player jordan got calls like crazy. lets not act like mj wasnt beloved by the nba and if you sneezed near him it wasnt called a foul. Hell you got refs now that say pretty much if it look like mj was gonna get touched it was a foul. And yes mj dominanted but lets not act like at a time he was winning he didnt have hof players, and at the position he played most of the greats where aging headed out the door, and the soon too be good/greats where rooks young players havent yet came into their own yet.

Kobe vs. Lebron?

SOmebody post the stats of the Lakers record without Kobe being damn near the same with him...

Kobe vs. Lebron?

SOmebody post the stats of the Lakers record without Kobe being damn near the same with him...

Case closed, mofos.
Great post though I don't necessarily agree with this statement. The NBA is different than it was back then, Lebron joined up with the Heat because he couldn't get past the Celtics. They were the big 3 before the Miami Heats, Lebron was going up against 3 hof players in the playoffs every year. I mean if Jordan had to take on a team composed of Hakeem, Miller and Dominique; he would have definitely wanted some help. But again this is a hypothetical scenario and we would never know.
smile.gif

Case closed, mofos.
Great post though I don't necessarily agree with this statement. The NBA is different than it was back then, Lebron joined up with the Heat because he couldn't get past the Celtics. They were the big 3 before the Miami Heats, Lebron was going up against 3 hof players in the playoffs every year. I mean if Jordan had to take on a team composed of Hakeem, Miller and Dominique; he would have definitely wanted some help. But again this is a hypothetical scenario and we would never know.
smile.gif

I think Cleveland expected too much from Lebron as a person. I think Lebron is the most complete player in the NBA right now, but pretty much before this season you could honestly say that Lebron had a lot of empty stat games.
8 assists arent as impressive if you refuse to make the simple cohesive offensive pass. That to me qualifies as being stat hungry and makes those statistics halo. It also makes your already pretensious nature extend to the basketball floor
One of the reasons I said I believed Rose was the MVP was cause he never played a pretensious on court game.
This isnt an argument about Rose though This is an argument about a guy who is in his 8th season playing for an NBA title for the second time
Physically unmatched, great basketball iq etc.
What a lot of fans have done is put it away that you cant be the greatest. With Lebron you dont get the 37 a game average while winning DPOY.
Believe it or not its the 5 seasons before Mike won a title that are seperating Michael and Bron.
If you cant match those 5 seasons you have no shot at even being considered.
I may or may not believe that, but no matter if its a conscious or subconscious thought its 100% fact
If an athlete cannot match the seasons Michael didnt win a title then your title victorys no matter the circumstance pale in comparison.

I think Cleveland expected too much from Lebron as a person. I think Lebron is the most complete player in the NBA right now, but pretty much before this season you could honestly say that Lebron had a lot of empty stat games.
8 assists arent as impressive if you refuse to make the simple cohesive offensive pass. That to me qualifies as being stat hungry and makes those statistics halo. It also makes your already pretensious nature extend to the basketball floor
One of the reasons I said I believed Rose was the MVP was cause he never played a pretensious on court game.
This isnt an argument about Rose though This is an argument about a guy who is in his 8th season playing for an NBA title for the second time
What a lot of fans have done is put it away that you cant be the greatest. With Lebron you dont get the 37 a game average while winning DPOY.
Believe it or not its the 5 seasons before Mike won a title that are seperating Michael and Bron.
I may or may not believe that, but no matter if its a conscious or subconscious thought its 100% fact
If an athlete cannot match the seasons Michael didnt win a title then your title victorys no matter the circumstance pale in comparison.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

QFT... I enjoyed watching mj and titles or not, before internet etc, said mj was gonna be the greatest although the old heads said i was stupid insane, no way he could beat bird magic etc... but i digress. Jordan legacy outside bball alone will make ppl say he the greatest no matter what any player does. His impact on culture and society has ingrained ppl to think being better than him is unfathomed. I mean you got ppl wearing knock off varients, sweatshop made versions of a guy who is almost a decade detached from the game shoes for godsakes. Lebron would damn near have to but up big o #'s and even then ppl will say he only was good because of "the decision"

QFT... I enjoyed watching mj and titles or not, before internet etc, said mj was gonna be the greatest although the old heads said i was stupid insane, no way he could beat bird magic etc... but i digress. Jordan legacy outside bball alone will make ppl say he the greatest no matter what any player does. His impact on culture and society has ingrained ppl to think being better than him is unfathomed. I mean you got ppl wearing knock off varients, sweatshop made versions of a guy who is almost a decade detached from the game shoes for godsakes. Lebron would damn near have to but up big o #'s and even then ppl will say he only was good because of "the decision"

roll.gif

So a player who refuses to make "the simple cohesive offensive pass", aka LeBron IYO deserves less respect than a shoot first point guard Rose, a player who refuses to make ANY pass. The hate is strong.

I swear, of all the areas of Bron's game, the most laughable criticism and hate he gets from haters is when it comes to his passing game. I mean, even Skip Brainless doesn't hate on LeBron's passing and said in the yesterday's debate with Stephen A. Smith that LeBron is a better passer than Jordan. "Simple cohesive offensive pass"
roll.gif
Reminds me of the Kobe extremists in the mid 00s trying to lobby to make the "pass to an assist" a stat in desperation to make him look good, because Kobe never averaged 6.1 assists or more in his career, even when he had the ball as much as he damn pleased in the post-Shaq, pre-Gasol days.

And

If averaging 9 assists is so simple (8.6 rounds off to 9), then how come no other player even close to LeBron's size does it?

GTHO with that "simple cohesive offensive pass" bull doo-doo. In the end, LeBron makes the pass that adds 2 or 3 points to his team's point total, and he does it better than any player in history even close to his size, other than Magic Johnson. Whether you like it or not, you salty individual, that is a FACT. If you have to invent a lame term like "simple cohesive offensive pass" to hate, be my guest. But in the end, the only people you're going to make agree with you are the people who hated LeBron to begin with, and who didn't really need any convincing.. Nor will anything LeBron does in the future convince them to change their opinion about LeBron.

roll.gif

So a player who refuses to make "the simple cohesive offensive pass", aka LeBron IYO deserves less respect than a shoot first point guard Rose, a player who refuses to make ANY pass. The hate is strong.

I swear, of all the areas of Bron's game, the most laughable criticism and hate he gets from haters is when it comes to his passing game. I mean, even Skip Brainless doesn't hate on LeBron's passing and said in the yesterday's debate with Stephen A. Smith that LeBron is a better passer than Jordan. "Simple cohesive offensive pass"
roll.gif
Reminds me of the Kobe extremists in the mid 00s trying to lobby to make the "pass to an assist" a stat in desperation to make him look good, because Kobe never averaged 6.1 assists or more in his career, even when he had the ball as much as he damn pleased in the post-Shaq, pre-Gasol days.

And

If averaging 9 assists is so simple (8.6 rounds off to 9), then how come no other player even close to LeBron's size does it?

GTHO with that "simple cohesive offensive pass" bull doo-doo. In the end, LeBron makes the pass that adds 2 or 3 points to his team's point total, and he does it better than any player in history even close to his size, other than Magic Johnson. Whether you like it or not, you salty individual, that is a FACT. If you have to invent a lame term like "simple cohesive offensive pass" to hate, be my guest. But in the end, the only people you're going to make agree with you are the people who hated LeBron to begin with, and who didn't really need any convincing.. Nor will anything LeBron does in the future convince them to change their opinion about LeBron.

First of all, it's 7 seasons, not 5.
This last line is a really lame argument. That's like saying MJ can't even be considered because he wasn't able to match Wilt by averaging 50+ PPG and 26 rebounds. Nobody will EVER be able to match Wilt's scoring and rebounding records. It doesn't make him the the best FOREVER. You have to be able see things in context.

First of all, it's 7 seasons, not 5.
This last line is a really lame argument. That's like saying MJ can't even be considered because he wasn't able to match Wilt by averaging 50+ PPG and 26 rebounds. Nobody will EVER be able to match Wilt's scoring and rebounding records. It doesn't make him the the best FOREVER. You have to be able see things in context.

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Jordan also played during the most rugged, brutal defensive era in NBA history
8a6268766495d7f3400b9cf72a7836525abbba47_r.gif

Thank you. I swear these no offense reality tv kids dont have a clue. Folks act like dave stern, refs, nba hell the world didnt cater to jordan. Was he great, hell yes he was. But folks act like the damn near entire world didnt cater to jordan. I remember mtv and a few other aves did who is the most beloved reconized figure in the world, and jordan placed higher then jesus. Jesus. A forever traditional bs figure throughout the ages. When Jordan cologne came out his shadow was the most recognized thing in the world. How can LeBron compete with that? Or any player for that matter. No matter what lbj or any player does, jordan impact esp with this gen and future gens can never be paralleled. Its so moot might is well say jordan is the greatest bball player ever for all time until the end of time.

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Jordan also played during the most rugged, brutal defensive era in NBA history
8a6268766495d7f3400b9cf72a7836525abbba47_r.gif

Thank you. I swear these no offense reality tv kids dont have a clue. Folks act like dave stern, refs, nba hell the world didnt cater to jordan. Was he great, hell yes he was. But folks act like the damn near entire world didnt cater to jordan. I remember mtv and a few other aves did who is the most beloved reconized figure in the world, and jordan placed higher then jesus. Jesus. A forever traditional bs figure throughout the ages. When Jordan cologne came out his shadow was the most recognized thing in the world. How can LeBron compete with that? Or any player for that matter. No matter what lbj or any player does, jordan impact esp with this gen and future gens can never be paralleled. Its so moot might is well say jordan is the greatest bball player ever for all time until the end of time.

I don't know what "rugged, brutal" is supposed to mean exactly, but Jordan did play in the era where the best defense in NBA history was played though. Let's be real, most players who constitute all-NBA defensive teams today simply wouldn't make the all-NBA defensive teams in the 90s. And don't even get me started on big men. These days, Dwight Howard is winning DPOY awards left and right by default. In Jordan's days, not only would he not come close to winning DPOY, but he wouldn't even make the all-NBA defense 2nd team ahead of either Hakeem, Robinson, Mutombo and probably Ewing. If you think he would, you simply don't have enough knowledge about the eras in question.

I don't know what "rugged, brutal" is supposed to mean exactly, but Jordan did play in the era where the best defense in NBA history was played though. Let's be real, most players who constitute all-NBA defensive teams today simply wouldn't make the all-NBA defensive teams in the 90s. And don't even get me started on big men. These days, Dwight Howard is winning DPOY awards left and right by default. In Jordan's days, not only would he not come close to winning DPOY, but he wouldn't even make the all-NBA defense 2nd team ahead of either Hakeem, Robinson, Mutombo and probably Ewing. If you think he would, you simply don't have enough knowledge about the eras in question.

Back
Top Bottom