Pixar's Brave

Originally Posted by MoMoney848

This doesn't look good

Cars 2 was bad??? First one is a classic but the trailer for 2 looks AWFUL
I didn't think Cars 2 was bad.  It definitely has its flaws and probably deserves to be ranked among the bottom of Pixar films, but I still enjoyed it.  Even average to bad Pixar is much better than a lot of stuff that comes out.  And if Cars 2 came from any other studio, I doubt it would be getting crushed as badly by critics as it is.  But Pixar has set the bar so high for itself.  It also doesn't help that the last release before Cars 2 was Toy Story 3, which was so good. 

At any rate, it would take a string of really bad movies for me to stop seeing Pixar's stuff.  So I'll definitely be seeing Brave when it comes out. 

Originally Posted by MoMoney848

This doesn't look good

Cars 2 was bad??? First one is a classic but the trailer for 2 looks AWFUL
I didn't think Cars 2 was bad.  It definitely has its flaws and probably deserves to be ranked among the bottom of Pixar films, but I still enjoyed it.  Even average to bad Pixar is much better than a lot of stuff that comes out.  And if Cars 2 came from any other studio, I doubt it would be getting crushed as badly by critics as it is.  But Pixar has set the bar so high for itself.  It also doesn't help that the last release before Cars 2 was Toy Story 3, which was so good. 

At any rate, it would take a string of really bad movies for me to stop seeing Pixar's stuff.  So I'll definitely be seeing Brave when it comes out. 

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

Cars merchandise has made close to $10 Billion. That's why there's a Cars 2.

Pixar has always been about quality movies first. They really didn't give a damn about making sequels and all that #%#+. The only reason Toy Story 2 was even made was because Disney ordered it.Now, were getting more and more sequels and original projects that are actually getting canceled(Newt). I blame this mostly on John Lassetter, he's become everything he said he hated about the old Disney heads after he became CCO
Stole the words out of my mouth.

Monsters Inc. doesn't need a sequel or a prequel in its case. It ended perfectly. The Incredibles could use one IMO though.

I need to check out Cars 2. Saw Cars the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

Cars merchandise has made close to $10 Billion. That's why there's a Cars 2.

Pixar has always been about quality movies first. They really didn't give a damn about making sequels and all that #%#+. The only reason Toy Story 2 was even made was because Disney ordered it.Now, were getting more and more sequels and original projects that are actually getting canceled(Newt). I blame this mostly on John Lassetter, he's become everything he said he hated about the old Disney heads after he became CCO
Stole the words out of my mouth.

Monsters Inc. doesn't need a sequel or a prequel in its case. It ended perfectly. The Incredibles could use one IMO though.

I need to check out Cars 2. Saw Cars the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Back
Top Bottom