Please lock.

Although, Provodnikov isn't as popular yet, he would make the better fight for fans to see.

I just meant because of reports saying Provodnikov doesn't want the fight since they both train with Roach and I think he even mentioned his relationship with Manny as one of the reasons too. He's a stand up guy and I respect him not just going after a pay-day, though I wouldn't blame him either.
Pacquiao/Bradley 2 reported for April 12

If this holds up, I'm glad they didn't force Provodnikov into the fight.

Although, Provodnikov isn't as popular yet, he would make the better fight for fans to see.

But i'm glad Pacquiao gets his rematch.

I think Bob Arum knows Provodnikov could be his next cash cow! I'm sorry, but in my opinion, Bradley just isn't marketable! He's boring, and casual fans don't like boring. Prov is a monster, a humble brawler, that comes forward and FIGHTS! (like a prime Pacquiao)

I'm thinking Arum is saving Prov for Pac's last fight. Whether he wins or lose, people will know him!

I think Bob Arum knows Provodnikov could be his next cash cow! I'm sorry, but in my opinion, Bradley just isn't marketable! He's boring, and casual fans don't like boring. Prov is a monster, a humble brawler, that comes forward and FIGHTS! (like a prime Pacquiao)

I'm thinking Arum is saving Prov for Pac's last fight. Whether he wins or lose, people will know him!
Sad but true. I've become a fan of Desert Storm, but he needs to fight a certain style patented by Joel to win.

When opponents bait him to trade, it's bad news. See Provodnikov fight, early and late.

I can see Arum doing some manipulative snake **** turning Provodnikov to fight Pacquiao. He doesn't mind using Manny as a sacrificial lamb at this point.

I can see Arum doing some manipulative snake **** turning Provodnikov to fight Pacquiao. He doesn't mind using Manny as a sacrificial lamb at this point.
You taking Pascal or Stevenson at 175?

Oh wait I forgot Provodnikov is with some other promoter, but still can see Arum pulling that card. Believe it or not, I favor Pascal. He's more difficult to fight than most people realize. However, he needs to fight more like the way he used to and not his new Roy Jones impersonation. They said they'll never fight each other, but that might change because of their current situation.

Oh wait I forgot Provodnikov is with some other promoter, but still can see Arum pulling that card. Believe it or not, I favor Pascal. He's more difficult to fight than most people realize. However, he needs to fight more like the way he used to and not his new Roy Jones impersonation. They said they'll never fight each other, but that might change because of their current situation.
Wow, your answer surprised me. I assumed most would ride with/predict Superman to win.

Wow, your answer surprised me. I assumed most would ride with/predict Superman to win.

I like both of them equally as a fan. But recently, the public is overrating Stevenson and underrating Pascal. I see Pascal taking a lot of punishment, but coming out on top sort of like Bradley did vs Provodnikov. Not to say that Pascal is as skilled or well-conditioned ad Bradley.

Last edited:

But the flip side of that coin is expecting us to believe that Manny would actually do that. Nope lol. Neither of these guys interested in fighting for free and neither should. Ridiculous assertion from Manny. Both of these guys trying to sway the peoples perception.
Manny's "team" takes his money anyway, so I don't think it's that farfetched for him to donate the money he wouldn't see otherwise.
That probably will happen if they can get Provodnikov with another trainer.

I like Provodnikov but he's a B level fighter at best. His claim to fame is having a great fight verse Tim Bradley in a fight that Bradley decided to fight like an idiot. If Bradley would of boxed him up like he should Provodnikov would be on ESPN right about now. I definitely was not impressed by him thrashing Alvarado seeing how Rios beat him in his first fight and you seen how Rios turned out against Manny. 140 Pounders on the HBO/Top Rank side of things isn't that impressive.

everybody has a plan til they get punched in the face.

Bradley got cracked. He had nothing to keep prov off of him. Hhaving pillows for fists and not being a good slick defensive fighter will ensure that he will always be in very tough fights

We won't see the Pacman-Money fight. No chance. But you got to give it to Manny for pulling the "If you're man enough....." card.

everybody has a plan til they get punched in the face.

Bradley got cracked. He had nothing to keep prov off of him. Hhaving pillows for fists and not being a good slick defensive fighter will ensure that he will always be in very tough fights
Bradley also seemed to disregard his corner's advice if you believe Joel's take on the Provodnikov fight early rounds.

If Arum would pull a S*** move and sacrifice Manny to anybody, it'll be Mikey Garcia.

Dude is pushing HARD to turn him into his next cash cow, wants him at 147 and on PPV within his next 2 fights.

How is the public underrating Pascal though? He hasn't looked good for years and he just beat quite possibly the most overrated title holding fighter in recent memory. People are overrating the hell outta his performance against Bute. Stevenson can fight both of them in the ring at the same time and not lose a round. I'm reading so many fans/writers fooled by HBO/RJJ and thinking Pascal's endurance problem has magically disappeared :lol:

At 175, Pascal will go 6 rounds. He has nothing to keep Stevenson off and his defense is pretty pathetic.

I don't think I'll ever believe in Bute again. He was shook the entire fight. Pascal's stamina looked improved because Bute applied very little pressure and hardly threw any punches. Pascal was able to get rest during rounds and coasted down the stretch by playing RJJ's possum game. He didn't even move his legs, just stood in the corner for Bute, and...Bute did nothing.

I don't think I'll ever believe in Bute again. He was shook the entire fight. Pascal's stamina looked improved because Bute applied very little pressure and hardly threw any punches. Pascal was able to get rest during rounds and coasted down the stretch by playing RJJ's possum game. He didn't even move his legs, just stood in the corner for Bute, and...Bute did nothing.
Not the Bute we saw defeat Bika, Joppy, and Miranda.

If Arum would pull a S*** move and sacrifice Manny to anybody, it'll be Mikey Garcia.

Dude is pushing HARD to turn him into his next cash cow, wants him at 147 and on PPV within his next 2 fights.

Mike Garcia should not go higher than lightweight. He will lose most of the advantages that he has.

Not the Bute we saw defeat Bika, Joppy, and Miranda.

You sure? Looked like the same type of fighter only with the added fear in his eyes. Those 3 are all brawling, head down and throw then ask questions after. Perfect fits for Bute's style. Same with Andrade.

Got an offer to attend Gleason's on Monday to speak with Vic, Collazo, Russell, Browne.
Pretty cool, ask Vic how Draya was
laugh.gif

Hey fellas, can you guys recommend any boxing gloves for a beginner just looking to hit the bag, maybe mitts, and learn some technique? 
nerd.gif
  My price range is around $50.  Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom