Please Lock.

Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive  3h3 hours ago
Told GGG-LEMIEUX ppv will be  $49.95 according to a source at HBO PPV #boxing

So much for being priced to sell 
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

How much is Canelo-Cotto going to be then? 74.99/84.99?

The undercard isn't bad at all IMO..

It's not great
The undercard isn't bad at all IMO..

It's not great

Well if Groves vs Jack was the main event on a regular Showtime card with the other two fights as the undercard, I would consider it better than average. I do agree that it isn't great, especially for PPV and certainly doesn't make up for the mismatch in the main event.

A dude coming off a loss thats only fought twice in the last two years, and its for a vacant belt? What a joke..

And yet still not comparable.

In your opinion*

So we're just stating the obvious now like it's profound?

:lol:

I don't like Broner at all but I don't see either being "irrelevant" any time soon. Sad but true. Garcia not even close either.

Garcia/Paulie just put up the highest Boxing ratings on ESPN in close to 20 years.

Obviously Paulie was a part of that. But it takes two. Thurman couldn't do something like that on his own.

Not a fan of some of Garcia's recent fights. Even as a fan, I thought Herrera beat him and Peterson fight was tough and could, probably should, have gone the other way.

But when he fought great fighters, he fought well. At least well enough to make them competitive. Something I haven't seen Broner do in a while.

Herrera is a tough out. Peterson is no joke. But he didn't get washed the way Broner did vs. Maidana and Porter.

And he does still have W's over Khan, Matthysse, under his belt.

Even looking at the way they fight....not at all similar. Danny is at least active.

Hence, not at all comparable.

Last edited:
When Broner decided to step up his competition he got his *** handed to him. Multiple times.

Danny had a few really good fights against top level opposition but most feel like (including myself) that he lost a few of his more technical fights, and we want to see him take on better opponents.

Not comparable. :lol:

You can draw better parallels to DSG and Adonis.

I was actually going to mention Adonis.

Because if we're talking about questioning some of the matchmaking of Garcia, totally understandable and I'd say the same of Adonis.

I don't see comparing Danny and Adrien at all. They are nothing alike. Personalities, performance, the way they fight etc.

Even their "kryptonite" is different. Danny has a tough time with boxers, Broner with brawlers.

Even as a fan of Danny through his fight with Matthysse though, I've admitted that Herrera and probably Peterson got him and I ain't even wanna mention the Salka fight :lol:

Last edited:
The only way I can see them as comparable is saying that they've both been disappointments in recent times.

And personally I find Berto the biggest disappointment. I was really liking the dude like five years ago.

Even then though, the disappointments are not really comparable.

It's hard to see a way in which they really belong in the same breath.

It's a GANG of dudes out there that have been "disappointing" in some way or another :lol:

Last edited:
Even then though, the disappointments are not really comparable.

It's hard to see a way in which they really belong in the same breath.
You're thinking way too hard about it.  Seeing Broner's mismatch made me think about Danny's last weekend and how they're both underachieving, not to mention they're both under Al Haymon.  Want me to create separate posts for them next time, would that make you happy?  Should I mention every other underachieving boxer in the history of boxing too?
It's a GANG of dudes out there that have been "disappointing" in some way or another
laugh.gif
So what?  I have to mention them ALL now?  Get over it.

Last edited:
:lol:

If I'm thinking too hard, you ain't thinking enough.

But I'll "get over it" since you asked me to.

And because you seem irked.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom