Police Kill Unarmed Teen In Ferguson, Missouri

Why would they tho lol seems much more logical to call us animals and violent and give stats showing just that. Why make us seem more human by relating us to them. We aren't worth that much

They call us violent but whites raped and slaughtered the Indians.

Rape, kill, beat and enslaved blacks.

Killed thousands of innocent people and children via war

Raped children overseas

Violently took this land

List goes on. I just don't understand it how one race cane be called violent

Every race have issues

Last edited:
"CNN reporting Mike Browns family is upset and offended that prosecutors office has not yet reached out to them and that they learned via cnn"

"CNN reporting Mike Browns family is upset and offended that prosecutors office has not yet reached out to them and that they learned via cnn"

Its because there is no indictment. I'm 100% sure!

They will release the decision today

so this is a trial for the trial huh

since when does this happen?

why is this individual given the benefit of the doubt of having a trial (figuring out whether or not he should be indicted) before the actual trial when anyone else would be immediately indicted so as to have a trial decide his fate?

not how it works for law enforcement apparently. one set of laws for them and another for civilians

so this is a trial for the trial huh

since when does this happen?

why is this individual given the benefit of the doubt of having a trial (figuring out whether or not he should be indicted) before the actual trial when anyone else would be immediately indicted so as to have a trial decide his fate?

not how it works for law enforcement apparently. one set of laws for them and another for civilians

Grand juries are convened all the time for all sorts of crimes. When you hear of cases being dismissed due to lack of evidence or no probable cause, it's because a grand jury (or preliminary hearing) determined it as such. Here's a simple explanation:

Let's say police think a crime occurred. They report it to the D.A.'s office for prosecution. The D.A. looks at the police reports and what evidence they have. If the D.A. thinks there is a strong enough case, they will move forward.

To move forward, the D.A. must establish probable cause. There are two ways to establish probable cause, a Preliminary Hearing, held before a judge, or a Grand Jury. Sometimes they can only use one, sometimes they can choose which to use.

Probable cause is essentially that there is enough evidence to support that further investigation could produce enough evidence to allow a reasonable person to believe that the defendant committed the crime.

In a preliminary hearing, the D.A. puts officers on a witness stand, and sometimes other witnesses. The defense attorney can ask them questions. At the end the judge determines whether there is probable cause or not.

A grand jury is simply a group of people who hear the same testimony from officers or witnesses and makes the same determination, whether there is probable cause or not.

One major difference is that in a preliminary hearing you have a right to counsel, you do not have a right to counsel in a grand jury hearing. You actually don't even have to be informed there is a grand jury hearing going on about you. You could literally have a grand jury discussing your activity right now and you would only hear about it if they find that there is probable cause to believe you did whatever crime you are being charged with.

A grand jury is convened by the local prosecuting authority. It is chosen just like a regular jury, only there is a much larger pool initially.

In my county, around 400 people were summoned for jury duty and told when they got there that they were being screened for a grand jury.

The D.A. asked them questions to determine their ability to serve as jurors. The grand jury meets every other week for several hours. They will all serve on the grand jury for about six months, at which point a new grand jury will be impaneled.

When they meet, the D.A. presents a case, and the grand jury votes on whether or not they believe there is probable cause to go forward. Then the D.A. presents another case, and the grand jury votes again. They will go through several cases each time they meet.

You do not need any special qualifications to sit on a grand jury other than what you need to sit on a regular jury.

Some jurisdictions do not have grand juries, some only have grand juries.

Just be ready. Every attorney that has been on CNN has said that this process has been "extremely unusual".
**** is depressing  
mean.gif

5om eastern time they will announce decision

From what I understand, they won't announce the decision at 5, they'll just announce that they have reached a decision. The decision announcement would come later on. Am I right ?

Also, let me get this straight...this case going on right now is just to find out whether or not they gonna take son to court to give him a trial???? I thought this was the trial..

So if son gets proven "guilty" in this "case", then they'll take him to trial and they'll try him for w.e charges? And there's a chance he can get outta that clean?

And if they don't decide take him to "trial" today, then he's good to leave?

What kind of backwards **** is this?

what does extremely unusual mean... i wouldnt be shocked one bit if he dosent get charged. As sad as that is.

Judge, Prosecutor, Cop. All work for the government, and the public is suppose to feel that this is a fair process? Why not get an independent arbiter when a police officer is involved?

Whether or not the grand jury rules to indict Wilson, won't change anything sadly. Except for few, Blacks all but forgot about this and will continue to not care.

From what I understand, they won't announce the decision at 5, they'll just announce that they have reached a decision. The decision announcement would come later on. Am I right ?

Also, let me get this straight...this case going on right now is just to find out whether or not they gonna take son to court to give him a trial???? I thought this was the trial..

So if son gets proven "guilty" in this "case", then they'll take him to trial and they'll try him for w.e charges? And there's a chance he can get outta that clean?

No. This is not a trial. He has not been charged to this point. They've been reviewing evidence (they being the grand jury) to decide whether there is probable cause for an indictment. This is not backwards. This is your justice system.

Naw man. They announcing it right away.

The governor should have taken the case out of Ferguson from the beginning

They shouldn't be surprised, this entire thing has been bungled.

Its because there is no indictment. I'm 100% sure!

Yep

America's mayor:

Anything Ghouliani says shouldn't be surprised.

Dyson handled it better than I would have.

I wonder how Ghouliani would take it, if in response to a cop killing, someone said if they stop killing young black men. The people being killed are collateral damage, huh. :smh:

His comment was typical right wing ridiculousness in diversion.

this saddens me.. youre telling me in a city where theres 60% blacks.. they managed to jig the amounts of blacks on the case to just 1/3 instead of 1/2?

Call me a conspiracy theorist...this jury only needs 9 of 12 to come to a decision:

"The group of 12 includes nine white people (six men and three women) and three black people (two women and one man), court officials said."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom