Police Kill Unarmed Teen In Ferguson, Missouri

Really weird to me how Police Officers, you know the guys PAID to protect us are held to a lower standard when dealing with "high-adrenaline" life or death situations then normal everyday citizens. This country really has y'all brainwashed

So does adrenaline excuse murder and terrible decisions?

Where is this adrenaline when dealing with white suspects?

There is LITERALLY an entire classification of criminal law that's dedicated to excusing what would otherwise be murder based on adrenaline/heat-of-the-moment actions.

If that video of a 12 year old boy getting murdered does not appall you, please, leave this Earth.

It's a KID, if you are truly scared for your life, tackle him, taze him, mace him, don't shoot him less than 2 seconds after you leave your vehicle.

If you are THIS afraid of dying that you fire to KILL the second you see the faintest sign of a weapon YOU SHOULD NOT BE PAID TO PROTECT ANYBODY IN THIS COUNTRY.
I mean. Trying to tackle somebody you think has a gun. Wut
Damn straight. It's a 12 year old. I don't care if he as a gun or not you don't blow him away immediately.

you sign up to be a cop. You can get shot, comes with the territory. ***** cops don't realize that and just kill. I'd rather potentially take a bullet and talk to a 12 year old who had a gun than just blast and live with that. We aren't talking brainwashed child soldier here. It's an american spongebob watching kid with a fake gun. But even if it's real a grown man has brain power over a 12 year old. Until that kid starts shooting I'd hope any man with some balls would talk before shooting.

He was killed TWO SECONDS after the Officer left the vehicle and y'all are trying to defend him. Some people are outrageous.

is so easy to say "i would rather potentially take a bullet" when sitting at home behind a computer screen 
Also really easy to say "I regret my actions blah blah blah sorry" after a minor is dead and your get out of jail free card (Your badge) has been used.

after what's been happening to our kids how could you not feel defeated?

its hard bro trust...but i feel thats what they want us to do...live life out of fear of them. the least we can do is be organized and show them that enough is enough.

and i agree with majority in the thread...hit em where it hurts the most....in their pockets..especially in the establishments that are openly against us...we may work for the "man" but he doesnt have to get all my hard owned money back also...imo

is so easy to say "i would rather potentially take a bullet" when sitting at home behind a computer screen 
I'm not flexing my gangster. I have a kid. They do dumb stuff. As an adult you should try and reason in that situation. Also when you get shot life doesn't immediately end. You go to the hospital. It's not like the kid had a gun to his forehead here.

I got a gun. A kid has a gun. It isn't pointed at my head and I got a chance to talk I'm taking it.

I'm not flexing my gangster. I have a kid. They do dumb stuff. As an adult you should try and reason in that situation. Also when you get shot life doesn't immediately end. You go to the hospital. It's not like the kid had a gun to his forehead here.

I got a gun. A kid has a gun. It isn't pointed at my head and I got a chance to talk I'm taking it.

You're a better man than I am.

If I know someone has a gun, and I tell them to put their hands up and they reach for their gun, I'm blowing them away regardless of age, race, gender.

Just heard on ABC News the dispatcher NEVER relayed to the Officer the gun might be fake, they simply said "He has a gun" that changes everything.

Still unjustified imo, but not as outrageous as before.

If I know someone has a gun, and I tell them to put their hands up and they reach for their gun, I'm blowing them away regardless of age, race, gender.

If an adult points a gun at me while I'm carry I'm shooting. :lol: that's what I'm saying. There is a time to shoot first. Dealing with a kid isn't one of them.

Some of y'all will do anything to justify a brown or black person being shot or killed by the police.

There are numerous situations where police have not discharged their weapon on an armed suspect and some of these have been recorded.

You're out of your mind if you think this was a proper way to handle this situation. And what's most disturbing is the cops who KNOW better and do better won't speak out against the idiots like Darren Wilson and whatever this guys name is. A lot of things could improve if cops didn't spend so much time defending one another when they know one of their colleagues ****** up.

this is a suggestion that pretty much always comes up when discussing how to effectively organize and protest. this is an excellent opportunity not just for poc but for everyone who don't support the decision and believes that black lives matter. you don't have to protest in stores, just don't spend a dollar and the message will still be effective, you can literally do nothing and still contribute. if we can't even do that then we are in many ways the problem and roadblocks to the solution. but to each is own. I'm in no position to judge what anyone wants to do with their money, i just want to spread the opportunity to take actions and contribute in an effective and nonviolent way.

If an adult points a gun at me while I'm carry I'm shooting.
laugh.gif
that's what I'm saying. There is a time to shoot first. Dealing with a kid isn't one of them.
but what difference does it make if its an adult or kid behind the gun? a bullet is a bullet, doesnt matter what the age of the shooter is

What do you think officers should do when engaging an armed or possibly armed suspect?

talk to him? tell him to drop it? de-escalate the situation?

Do you see how many variables that presents?

Do you think the officers should have had their weapons holstered upon exiting the vehicle?

Keep in mind I'm in no way defending officers pulling up on this boy and gunning him down.

A lot of you have no clue what it's like to be a cop in these situations. 

I spoke to a cop and he said when ur in some of these situations and ur adrenaline is flowing you don't mess around basically. They have to be aggressive.  

I got a friend who's dad is friends with an ex cop from the 80's. He thought a homeless man had a gun and him and his partner let loose on him. No gun found on him and they left his body and just kept it moving. Only difference is back then everyone didn't have a camera. Ex cop I mentioned quit being a cop and now doesn't trust police.

If an adult points a gun at me while I'm carry I'm shooting. :lol: that's what I'm saying. There is a time to shoot first. Dealing with a kid isn't one of them.
but what difference does it make if its an adult or kid behind the gun? a bullet is a bullet, doesnt matter what the age of the shooter is

A 12 year old pointing a gun at me is a lot different than a man who could actually know how to shoot. Not to mention my first point. You can reason with kids. An adult I'm not waiting to find out. If they live cool. If they die oh well.

Back
Top Bottom