Police Kill Unarmed Teen In Ferguson, Missouri

I don't know why you guys are debating whether the officer in this 12 year old shooting acted appropriately or not.

He broke protocol. It's been been conceded.

It's also not a matter of the kid "brandishing" the weapon. He wasn't.

He did frighten the officer by lifting his shirt/reaching for his waist and the officer took it as a threatening movement. He was in the wrong. He was also a rookie.

He also claimed he told the kid THREE times to put down his gun and get his hands up.

A. We can see from the video he prob didnt tell the kid to do anything more than once, if that.

B. It's a 12 year old. He was prob trying to show dude it was a toy.

Missouri is also an open carry state and yes you can hold a gun in your hand. They can arrest you if you don't have a license.

It's going to be investigated then we'll see where it goes from there. You guys are just arguing over nothing.

The "cops are always at fault" people are entrenched in their position and the neo-con, "Black people are always thuggish and raised by bad parents" people are entrenched in theirs.

The cops were in the wrong. That's conceded and can be seen. Whether or not it was an understandable mistake is ye to be determined.

Get back on topic.

Did I say the 12 year old did?

Who's pushing the limits then?

Brown? Do you know that for a fact?

We as a society and those who constantly criticize police officers who, in most cases, are defending themselves from an unknown threat.

Everyone should know by now that police officers have a job to protect not only the community but themselves. If anyone attempts to even act like they are going to commit harm or wrong doing, they will take action... If commit wrong doing... Be ready for that action... It's not science but as a society, we have began to think we can do whatever we want and cops will just pass us by. It does not work that way. I see brothas everyday smoking marijuana in public, ish is all over WSHH doing loud challenges then wondering why they are getting fronted on by cops.

I don't know why you guys are debating whether the officer in this 12 year old shooting acted appropriately or not.

He did frighten the officer by lifting his shirt/reaching for his waist and the officer took it as a threatening movement. He was in the wrong. He was also a rookie.

He also claimed he told the kid THREE times to put down his gun and get his hands up.

A. We can see from the video he prob didnt tell the kid to do anything more than once, if that.

Missouri is also an open carry state and yes you can hold a gun in your hand. They can arrest you if you don't have a license.

It's going to be investigated then we'll see where it goes from there. You guys are just arguing over nothing.

The "cops are always at fault" people are entrenched in their position and the neo-con, "Black people are always thuggish and raised by bad parents" people are entrenched in theirs.

The cops were in the wrong. That's conceded and can be seen. Whether or not it was an understandable mistake is ye to be determined.

Get back on topic.

I'm going to write a long post like this.

And say a bunch of stuff and claim it's conclusive. It's just my opinion.

That isn't supported by any facts.

Hopefully people will believe me because I use periods after each sentence.

"The cops were in the wrong." "That's conceded."

Let's get back on topic.

All of sudden 12 year old kids are capable of killing police officers. Wow. The complete disregard for young, black life is so ingrained in some of you and you don't even realize it.

Is it protocol to immediately shoot someone who is holding a gun?

If the person wielding the gun shows the intent to use it as a weapon to commit harm, coupled with their actions/behavior or the opportunity to shoot someone... Yes

No situation is the same

Last edited:
All of sudden 12 year old kids are capable of killing police officers. Wow. The complete disregard for young, black life is so ingrained in some of you and you don't even realize it.
anyone with a gun is capable of killing anyone 

thats how guns work 

this isnt a video game where a gun will do less damage because the guy holding it is low level 

Last edited:

Bruh it's not solely about "black life". Any 12 year old for that matter who wields a gun with the perceive intent to commit serious bodily harm or death is a threat. Man I've seen children, 8-9 year olds in Iraq that will smile in your face then slit your throat. This notion that because someone is young and innocent and should be looked at as a helpless baby when they could kill you is not something restricted to OUR black community.

You know why people hate cops as whole? No matter what - they defend their own. They claim it's an extremely hard job yet consistently defend incompetence and prejudice. It's really sad. They should hold their fellow officers to a higher standard.

Man I have so much to say about what you just said and how our black community can prosper is we adopted this mentality but my fingers are cramping from typing on my phone.

Bruh it's not solely about "black life". Any 12 year old for that matter who wields a gun with the perceive intent to commit serious bodily harm or death is a threat. Man I've seen children, 8-9 year olds in Iraq that will smile in your face then slit your throat. This notion that because someone is young and innocent and should be looked at as a helpless baby when they could kill you is not something restricted to OUR black community.

I've seen a chick dunk...

Guess that means they're all capable of it.

I need my old signature back.

Life is grey but y'all are using these black and white arguments.

I've seen a chick dunk...

Guess that means they're all capable of it.

I'm not sure if your serious or not but yes, that is exactly what that means. Anyone is capable of doing anything, I thought that was my point. I did not say ALL 12 year olds would but the capability is always present. Hell there are a lot of things I have not seen but understand are capable.

Last edited:
Iraq is a different monster. Some of those children...SOME...are brought up and trained to hate Americans.

This is America...we're suppose to all be equal. 

And you can argue that police are TRAINED to profile blacks and latinos....actually, you can...STOP and FRISK.

thats how guns work 

this isnt a video game where a gun will do less damage because the guy holding it is low level 

First of all, kill the condescending ****, I know "how guns work."

But don't sit here and say this child basically deserved to die because he was wielding around a toy gun. The person who called the cops said, clearly, it could be a fake gun. The dispatch should've reported that, and the police should've acted accordingly. He's not the first kid to walk around with a fake gun, playing around, he won't be the last. I did it as a kid, did I deserve to die? You people in here talk as if you yourselves would look a kid dead in the face and shoot them if you felt threatened enough, **** outta here with that.

Then find me something, anything, that shows me a white kid getting killed by police for waving around a toy gun and I'll gladly shut up. Because just this year OUR young, black men are 0-2 when carrying a toy gun.

thats how guns work 

First of all, kill the condescending ****, I know "how guns work."

But don't sit here and say this child basically deserved to die because he was wielding around a toy gun. The person who called the cops said, clearly, it could be a fake gun. The dispatch should've reported that, and the police should've acted accordingly. He's not the first kid to walk around with a fake gun, playing around, he won't be the last. I did it as a kid, did I deserve to die? You people in here talk as if you yourselves would look a kid dead in the face and shoot them if you felt threatened enough, **** outta here with that.
of course he didnt deserve to die, and he probably didnt know any better

but he put himself in the unfortunate situation where he had a chance of getting shot and he did

of course the cop should be looked at and suspended but the reason the kid is dead is because of his dumb decision

im not black but i would never go around waving a realistic gun around pointing it at people, because i know ill probably get shot

this isnt a black/white problem, this is a stop doing dumb things that put you in a situation that may lead to a cop opening fire problem 

people are making out out to sound like if you're a black man you might get shot by a cop on the street at any time and no one will care, that could not be more wrong

if you are any race of person and you rob a store while assaulting the owner, then you physically assault the cop trying to arrest you trying to get away, there is a very real possibility that you might get shot at

if a kid had something that i thought was a real gun and tried pointing it at me of course i would shoot them if i also had a gun at the time. why would the fact that he's a kid make holding a gun any less dangerous? 

Get back on topic.
I'm going to write a long post like this.

And say a bunch of stuff and claim it's conclusive. It's just my opinion.

That isn't supported by any facts.

Hopefully people will believe me because I use periods after each sentence.

"The cops were in the wrong." "That's conceded."

Let's get back on topic.
What?

No seriously, what are you talking about?

The police dispatcher didn't properly relay the information to the police.

The rookie cop shot the 12 year old AS he was getting out of the car. That's not protocol.

Whether or not they were on a "gun run" the cop fired before he assessed the situation. He thought he had a suspect with a gun and fired before he even confirmed that.

What if the suspect they sought had already left the scene and the cop pulled up o an unsuspecting person, startled them, and then opened fire. His gun was tucked so it's not like the cops SAW one. They obviously didn't take the time to confirm he had a gun and we can see the video no more than one sentence was exchanged between the cop pulling up and opening fire.

The police chief has even confirmed this.

But yeah, they followed protocol and behaved appropriately.

The cop pulled up within 5-10 feet of the suspect. Again, not exactly what they're trained to do.

The police won't even go on the record and say their officers acted correctly. They initially said the officers commanded the kid to raise his hands 3 times. Did you watch the video? Since it's release they've conceded that the rookie cop fired immediately.

If anything they're probably going to throw the rookie cop under the the bus. The police chief even admits that the officers broke several protocols but qualified it by saying, "This is not an effort to exonerate, it's not an effort to show the public that anybody did anything wrong. This is a tragic event."

But keep acting smarmy.

P.S. I'll format my posts however the **** I want.

Last edited:
So, DW washed blood off and handled his own gun for hours after the incident. Adding, they never measured the scene because it was "self-explanatory"

And still you guys in here defending DW and taking his word as gospel. 
laugh.gif

Then find me something, anything, that shows me a white kid getting killed by police for waving around a toy gun and I'll gladly shut up. Because just this year OUR young, black men are 0-2 when carrying a toy gun.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/natio...nt-door-family-lawyer-article-1.1619842#bmb=1

Back
Top Bottom