Police Kill Unarmed Teen In Ferguson, Missouri

Then find me something, anything, that shows me a white kid getting killed by police for waving around a toy gun and I'll gladly shut up. Because just this year OUR young, black men are 0-2 when carrying a toy gun.

Its like most white people that always spout off to me that the Mike Brown MURDER wasn't about race, they can't find a similar situation with blacks cops vs white teens.

Last edited:
Now we're holding a 12 year old to adult standards and condemning him for doing "dumb things" :lol:

Yea, I'm done. I can't debate with you on this.

who exactly is defending darren wilson? No matter what your opinion is on what happened, I guarantee that EVERYONE in this thread agrees that Wilson should have seen his day in court.

What?

No seriously, what are you talking about?

The police dispatcher didn't properly relay the information to the police.

The rookie cop shot the 12 year old AS he was getting out of the car. That's not protocol.

Whether or not they were on a "gun run" the cop fired before he assessed the situation. He thought he had a suspect with a gun and fired before he even confirmed that.

The cop pulled up within 5-10 feet of the suspect. Again, not exactly what they're trained to do.

The police won't even go on the record and say their officers acted correctly. They initially said the officers commanded the kid to raise his hands 3 times. Did you watch the video? Since it's release they've conceded that the rookie cop fired immediately.

If anything they're probably going to throw the rookie cop under the the bus. The police chief even admits that the officers broke several protocols but qualified it by saying, "This is not an effort to exonerate, it's not an effort to show the public that anybody did anything wrong. This is a tragic event."

But keep acting smarmy.

P.S. I'll format my posts however the **** I want.

Please show me where anyone has made any statement indicating whether anyone acted properly or improperly.

How are you interpreting that quote from the police chief that the officers broke several protocols? The quote literally says that its not meant to show anyone did anything wrong.

No one has made any statement about any impropriety on the part of anyone and you're reading the tea leaves and stating that everyone and anyone has already admitted wrongdoing and improper procedure.

I'm not acting smarmy. You're just making a bunch of statements that aren't grounded in fact and then acting as if you've resolved everything.

Last edited:

Bruh it's not solely about "black life". Any 12 year old for that matter who wields a gun with the perceive intent to commit serious bodily harm or death is a threat. Man I've seen children, 8-9 year olds in Iraq that will smile in your face then slit your throat. This notion that because someone is young and innocent and should be looked at as a helpless baby when they could kill you is not something restricted to OUR black community.
Then find me something, anything, that shows me a white kid getting killed by police for waving around a toy gun and I'll gladly shut up. Because just this year OUR young, black men are 0-2 when carrying a toy gun.
http://m.nydailynews.com/news/natio...nt-door-family-lawyer-article-1.1619842#bmb=1
just a heads up, before posting links like this remove the m. from the front of it since it takes us to the mobile site which isnt formatted for computer screens 

even if so what?

one reverse case is justification for every time?
not justification, more just showing that cops are going to react if they think they are in danger of getting shot at and not just out to shoot young black kids because its a thing to do

so that one instance covers all of that?

totally levels the playing and shows that across the board things are equal?

I bet you that white kids parents didn't have their criminal history dug into and blasted by the media, but hey this isn't about race!

so that one instance covers all of that?

totally levels the playing and shows that across the board things are equal?

No one is saying that but we as a black community need to generalizing and lumping all police officers into the same category. Man this world is ****** up. We all have to do our part to not add to the problems.

Protesters in Los Angeles lie down on the street
nthat.gif

i think the tape of michael brown assaulting the store clerk gives some credibilty to darren wilson's story. We see that he possibly has a temper and will attack someone over something small, even though he is in the wrong.

I believe everything in the darren wilson account of what happened. I believe brown got offended and approached the officer. my only issue, however, is was it necessary to resort directly to a firearm. he could have simply tazed him or used pepper spray.

People are making it seem as if dude was walking in the middle of the street and officer wilson pulled up and started bucking for no reason, all while brown had his hands in the air. yeah right.

what's even more laughable is the gangster rappers that make a living off of glorifying killing black people, so called "taking a stand".

in a situation like this, i don't feel like deadly force was necessary, esp since brown didn't have a weapon

So Mike Brown, turned and ran at the officer like a rhino with his super human strength? :lol: Sure. Cop for hit (this I believe). Got embarrassed and his feelings hurt, and resorted to violence.

Please show me where anyone has made any statement indicating whether anyone acted properly or improperly.

How are you interpreting that quote from the police chief that the officers broke several protocols? The quote literally says that its not meant to show anyone did anything wrong.

No one has made any statement about any impropriety on the part of anyone and you're reading the tea leaves and stating that everyone and anyone has already admitted wrongdoing and improper procedure.

I'm not acting smarmy. You're just making a bunch of statements that aren't grounded in fact and then acting as if you've resolved everything.

I don't know why you guys are debating whether the officer in this 12 year old shooting acted appropriately or not.

He broke protocol. It's been been conceded.

It's also not a matter of the kid "brandishing" the weapon. He wasn't.

He did frighten the officer by lifting his shirt/reaching for his waist and the officer took it as a threatening movement. He was in the wrong. He was also a rookie.

He also claimed he told the kid THREE times to put down his gun and get his hands up.

A. We can see from the video he prob didnt tell the kid to do anything more than once, if that.

B. It's a 12 year old. He was prob trying to show dude it was a toy.

Missouri is also an open carry state and yes you can hold a gun in your hand. They can arrest you if you don't have a license.

It's going to be investigated then we'll see where it goes from there. You guys are just arguing over nothing.

The "cops are always at fault" people are entrenched in their position and the neo-con, "Black people are always thuggish and raised by bad parents" people are entrenched in theirs.

The cops were in the wrong. That's conceded and can be seen. Whether or not it was an understandable mistake is ye to be determined.

Get back on topic.
The cops responded to a report of a child with a "probably fake" gun.

They arrived at the scene and opened fire on a person before A. seeing a gun and B. communicating with the suspect.

I'm not going to argue with you over whether or not this was proper police protocol. I said it'll be investigated and then we'll see.

Feel free to keep trying to pick arguments.

Last edited:
Break down on the testimonies.

Even split in people saying he charged...

And that can be framed either way... Charging in aggressive manner =\= moving toward telling to stop... But... That isn't broken out...

And the way you frame that question matters.

The last part is telling...

Almost EVERYONE said his hands were up.

View media item 1277544

Break down on the testimonies.

Even split in people saying he charged...

And that can be framed either way... Charging in aggressive manner =\= moving toward telling to stop... But... That isn't broken out...

And the way you frame that question matters.

The last part is telling...

Almost EVERYONE said his hands were up.
But he manhandled a store clerk and brought on himself. 
eyes.gif

They arrived at the scene and opened fire on a person before A. seeing a gun and B. communicating with the suspect.

I'm not going to argue with you over whether or not this was proper police protocol. I said it'll be investigated and then we'll see.

I just picked yours apart. You're now down to "I said it'll be investigated" as opposed to your diatribe before about how the police conceded they were wrong already and the police chief admitted it was improper procedure and how everything was resolved already.

I'm not usually in this thread, but its the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving so I'm at home with nothing to do. Some other night you can probably fool people into believing you though.

Last edited:
The video evidence of MB assaulting the store owner would more than likely be inadmissible character evidence at trial.

No one is saying that but we as a black community need to generalizing and lumping all police officers into the same category. Man this world is ****** up. We all have to do our part to not add to the problems.
so its better to just chalk it up to generalizations like well, theyre not all bad, instead of focusing on the ones that are?

the injustice is that we lump all cops into one group which isnt accurate of all of them

doesnt that sound familiar, except that its a race of people

How could he be on his knees AND running away AND facing the cop when fired upon? Some of the witnesses clearly lying 
laugh.gif

Regardless, the point is excessive force. No weapon on the kid. Don't care if he was even throwing punches...you don't suppress punches with multiple shots. 

The video evidence of MB assaulting the store owner would more than likely be inadmissible character evidence at trial.

No, they would've gotten it in somehow, whether it's to show his state of mind during the incident, or his motive to be physical with the officer. There's a thousand ways to get surveillance footage in (and that's not including the fact that it was literally 10 minutes prior to the incident).

I just picked yours apart. You're now down to "I said it'll be investigated" as opposed to your diatribe before about how the police conceded they were wrong already and the police chief admitted it was improper procedure and how everything was resolved already.

I'm not usually in this thread, but its the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving so I'm at home with nothing to do. Some other night you can probably fool people into believing you though.
The cop was suspended immediately. The police chief said "he opened fire before the veteran trainer could get out of the car" "it was a tragedy."

Everything I said was improper procedure, is improper procedure. They acted wrongly according to their own protocols. That's a fact.

You can look up all of the police chief and deputy chief's comments yourself. He can't say "The officer was at fault" because there's a grand jury investigation on going. Anything he says would be used in it. But when asked by a reporter if the officer acted properly he also said "He's a rookie and reacted before the trainer could get out of the car. I'm not saying anyone is at fault."

I never said it was resolved already. In my very first post I said it'll be investigated then we'll see.

I also said "we'll see if it was a justifiable accident."

You didn't pick apart anything. But like I said, keep fighting with yourself dog. I'm not one of those dudes you can bait into an internet argument.

And you should prob stop commenting on "getting in evidence somehow" when you're unsure. Let me guess, you took a college law class?

Last edited:
I
No, they would've gotten it in somehow, whether it's to show his state of mind during the incident, or his motive to be physical with the officer. There's a thousand ways to get surveillance footage in (and that's not including the fact that it was literally 10 minutes prior to the incident).

Not a chance.

It's certaintly not motive.

And state of mind is not a character evidence exception.

Any showing of the attack would be way too prejudicial. That's exaclty what character evidence prevents.

laugh.gif

Matlock, over here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom