Porsche 918 Spyder

Porsches dual clutch auto trans aka PDK is the best int he industry though. You won't even need those paddle shifters.

I love the Carrera GT too and I love it that they made the Boxsters (and future Cayman) styling similar to the GT with that portruding side scoops. If the GT had a baby and had a more modern styling, the Boxster would be it.
1zlr9ft.jpg

2rf6dyo.jpg

Porsches dual clutch auto trans aka PDK is the best int he industry though. You won't even need those paddle shifters.
I love the Carrera GT too and I love it that they made the Boxsters (and future Cayman) styling similar to the GT with that portruding side scoops. If the GT had a baby and had a more modern styling, the Boxster would be it.
1zlr9ft.jpg

2rf6dyo.jpg

New Boxsters are very clean, first generation of Boxster i would actually buy. Have to get my money right first though :lol:

i don't really like this car as i've looked at it more and more.

i like the front and rear of the car separately, but they just don't mesh together well IMO.

carrera GT all day over this.

Yea you won't need the paddle shifters for normal everyday street driving. But you will need it once you hit the track :tongue:

Yea you won't need the paddle shifters for normal everyday street driving. But you will need it once you hit the track :tongue:

I don't know, many opt to let the ****** shift for them, even on the track, although it will be much more fun if you use it. Just make sure you get the sports paddles instead of the dumb push/pull button shifters.

I don't know, many opt to let the ****** shift for them, even on the track, although it will be much more fun if you use it. Just make sure you get the sports paddles instead of the dumb push/pull button shifters.

Ill make sure I get those sports paddles when I get my 918 :wink:

Porsche is and will always be my favorite automaker... 74mpg 770hp on tap, I need that powerball money in my life..

They could've made the wheels lighter by using carbon fiber ones like Koenigsegg does. Still a great car though.

Porsche claims that, on the morning of September 4, a team of three drivers (including former rally champ Walter Röhrl and Porsche test drivers Timo Kluck and Marc Lieb) broke the Nordschleife lap record, Lieb finally setting the best time at 6:57 at an average of 111 miles per hour.

That's over four seconds faster than the Dodge Viper ACR that has held the record for street-legal production cars for the last two years. It's also faster than the Gumpert Apollo, and just behind the barely-legal Radical SR8. And maybe best of all, it gives McLaren something to keep gunning for.

^So damn sexy :pimp:

I need dat Porsche money B

I think in the Jay Leno video the dude he's riding with says that the exhaust note is actually louder inside the car than outside, due to the pipes being right behind the seats.

Not too sure how many contributors to this thread still keep up with the 918 Spyder; I know I still do.

I'm a big fan of Chris Harris and his car reviews for /DRIVE on YouTube. I was quite disappointed with his review following his drive with the 918 prototype earlier this year.

Here's his review and I have to add, I'm quite pleased he acknowledged his skepticism and disappointment with the 918 prototype and how the final product compares to that experience.

Back
Top Bottom