POSSIBLE AJ XX PICS

I.....I.....sort of like them. That lasering is a real shocker, just that its SO much design, then the rest of the shoe is plain. I just can't see these being worn all around school, the courts, etc. But I can see myself wearing them.

Also, I see XV's III's XIV's in there...
[/b]​

Quote:
bold statement? jordans have been crap for the last 3 years. how is that a bold statement? the fact that people are finally discovering this is more the amazement.
just shut up man with that negativity. only new model jordan in the past 3 years that i wasn't crazy for was the 18 but they were still a good model. you wanna know why jordans are the best over the past 3 years and years before that? ONLY GREATNESS = GREATNESS. obviously the XX are not GREATNESS. i say expect to see a rebound possibly with a 20.5 or XXI. just because of this one "lump in the road" will not get Jordan Brand off of the path of GREATNESS.

TEAM TN
Chat live with td via AIM:
Contact td via gmail to td:

The Jordan line has fallen off for sometime now, I don't get why people are surprised at the ugliness of this shoe.

The XIV was the last great Jordan shoe. The XVI and XVII were shoes JB could get away with releasing but by no means great, and the XV, XVIII and XIX all are just horrible. This shoe seems to fall into the latter category.

And the sole of the shoe seems to have contracted Herpes.

The one thing I keep noticing is that Jordan shoes recently have been SO CLOSE to being great. Like the XIX, how easy would it have been to eliminate the bulge in the Techflex that ruins the whole shoe?!?

Or the XVIII, if it was a little sleeker instead of having the hideous square toe design, would have been a classic.

I just wonder, what is Jordan gonna do when they run out of good Retro's? They'll probably just keep recycling I-XIV, and that'll give them enough excuse to keep making new shoes.

Quote:
bold statement? jordans have been crap for the last 3 years. how is that a bold statement? the fact that people are finally discovering this is more the amazement.
I'll school on something real quick...First let's see what you're coming with..."your opinion vs. my opinion". If you've been on here long enough, you should know my opinion come from numbers and my affiliation with JB. So your opinion is: "jordans have been crap for the last 3 years", but the facts prove and the numbers show that the Air Jordan has not slipped one pace in sales. The XVIII sold more units than the XVII, retaining the highest gross 'high-end" athletic shoe in the U.S., title, based on WellsFargo and the best-selling "high-end" athletic shoe based on SportsScan.

I'd be more than happy to confide in JB's current track record and be assured at the end of the day, these ppl know what they're doing, than to be feeling skeptical based on opinions of ppl (mostly kids) who don't have a clue on what they're constantly criticizing about, buddy, so that is why I said JM made a bold statement, knowing the track record is strong, going too strong to even contemplate something so abstract as the "end of a dynasty".
"I think if any man has to put on a front or lie about his stance, his position in life, to others over the internet, he's not being true to himself. He's not a man, and never was one." - CEO InSane

:rolleyes
eyes.gif
Those look like an NU Retro Air Jordan XIV, Take off that strap going across the top and that thick midsole and we've got a winner.
What is Love ? Love is what you tell your mother before you kiss her goodnight. Infatuation is buying more Jordans in one year than you've had your entire life. Love is spending your entire lunch break staring the newest Jordans you put up in the office. A dilemna is trying to figure which of your 15 pairs of Black/Red Jordans matches your outfit the best. Broke is what I'll be if I keep on buying Jordans the rest of my life. Who said Love doesn't cost a thing ????

Sorry for the crack line but it really is pretty clearly 123 with 85-05 beneath. Look at the 1 on the right hand side. Where is the bottom hook of the J? There is no room for it because the 05 is there. Here is the other angle brightened in photoshop.

16633.jpg

I think the 123 is ******ed too. Does the other shoe have 456? Why is it repeated on each shoe? It doesn't relate to 20 years. 6 is for 6 champinships and 6 finals MVP perhaps but that's all covered in the laser. Seems a lot of space to waste on that and it just looks silly.

Air Elijah
Sydney, Australia.
Email and MSN: AirElijah@Hotmail.com
AIM: Air Elijah

It's plainly due to the 1st and 2nd threepeats totaling 6 titles. The one over the 85 signifies the first set during his first Bulls run and the one over the 05 is the second set during his 2nd Bulls run

Hmm, that makes sense. Still, the numbers are HUGE. Why didn't they put laser stuff on there instead? And is it 123-123 on the other shoe too? That makes 4 lots of 123. Weird. It's just seems so tacky.
Air Elijah
Sydney, Australia.
Email and MSN: AirElijah@Hotmail.com
AIM: Air Elijah

it kinda remindes me of the X, i thought it was one of the plainest shoes be4 i really looked at it. and this is the xx. its doin the same by highlighting mjs career. im not coppin
this is my signature

:lol:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
you must think im 12. theyre the highest grossing athletic shoe because they cost in arm and a leg to buy them. high prices = dont have to sell as many shoes to make it highest grossing. you almost have to sell 2 pairs of t-macs to be equilvalent to the gross of selling a pair of ajs. so jordans will sell but mainly bbecause of mjs name. if the xviis and xviiis have been really that much a success why didnt jb have to put so much hype on the xixs this past year?

Quote:
just shut up man with that negativity. only new model jordan in the past 3 years that i wasn't crazy for was the 18 but they were still a good model. you wanna know why jordans are the best over the past 3 years and years before that? ONLY GREATNESS = GREATNESS. obviously the XX are not GREATNESS. i say expect to see a rebound possibly with a 20.5 or XXI. just because of this one "lump in the road" will not get Jordan Brand off of the path of GREATNESS.

why dont you shut the hell up you idiot. ill express my opinions just like your dumbass will express yours.
[/b]​

straight fire...hope those resemble what comes out in Feb...just sooooooo hot!

DS STASH BW sz 8.5/Huarache Lite OG Retro sz.8/Air Max 95 Neon sz 8.5

FOR TRADE:BROWN CARHARRT/BUCKS/DUNK HI CRYSTALS/URAWA Air Max 87
ALL SHOES ARE DEAD STOCK IN SIZE 8.5

Quote:
you must think im 12. theyre the highest grossing athletic shoe because they cost in arm and a leg to buy them. high prices = dont have to sell as many shoes to make it highest grossing. you almost have to sell 2 pairs of t-macs to be equilvalent to the gross of selling a pair of ajs. so jordans will sell but mainly bbecause of mjs name.
That's irrelevant considering more than half of the units sold were bought below retail. It doesn't matter how much Nike or Adidas retails a shoe for, their money is already made before that shoe is even sold in the store.
Quote:
if the xviis and xviiis have been really that much a success why didnt jb have to put so much hype on the xixs this past year?
Melo, GP and Jkidd. It only made sense to go with a big marketing campaign considering their names are solid and they don't have their own insigne to endorse.
"I think if any man has to put on a front or lie about his stance, his position in life, to others over the internet, he's not being true to himself. He's not a man, and never was one." - CEO InSane

Quote:
That's irrelevant considering more than half of the units sold were bought below retail.

That's about all you need to know about Jordans in recent years.

And people keep buying Jordans because of the allure that they once had. That allure still lasts, but it will surely run out if they keep releasing pieces of crap like this.

The best analogy I can think of is this: People kept buying Tupac albums after his death just because it was a Tupac album. But eventually they figured out that these albums were straight subpar.

If JB doesn't step up their game, they will suffer the same fate.

Quote:
The XVIII sold more units than the XVII, retaining the highest gross 'high-end" athletic shoe in the U.S., title, based on WellsFargo and the best-selling "high-end" athletic shoe based on SportsScan.

Quote:
That's irrelevant considering more than half of the units sold were bought below retail. It doesn't matter how much Nike or Adidas retails a shoe for, their money is already made before that shoe is even sold in the store.
Doesn't it tarnish JB's image that so many shoes end up on sale or in the outlets? I remember RockDeep posted that when he had a chance to talk with some people from JB, they did say this was a concern they wanted to address. Also, I'm sure that this doesn't sit well with retailers.

I don't want this to seem like a jab, but it seems strange to consider a shoe a success when it didn't sell until it was 70-115, yet retailed at 175. I mean, after all who is going to pass up a pair of Jordan's when they are only 70-115 instead of 175-200? I don't think the success was solely because of the shoes design. Availability/pricing, and the allure element PersiaFly mentioned, probably played the biggest part.

I would also like to add that I think the XVI-XVIII were overall well designed, classic Jordans. All of them are very detailed, beautiful shoes, and also great representations of MJ and his tastes. It seems like people like to bandwagon hate on them. Yes, all three have aspects that could've been improved (ie square XVIII toe, XVII price and unnecessary suitcase), but they are far from insults to the Jordan legacy.

The XIX I think is a matter of opinion. The XX however, seems tacky and gimmicky to me.

....oh, and the XV still sucks. It's ugly and doesn't have a great reputation for performance like the XVI-XIX do. From what I understand, MJ didn't like it either.

that strap looks like something off ballerina slippers

Is MJ taking ballet lessons to make him as cunning an gracefull as he wonce was??
redballet.jpg

:rolleyes
eyes.gif

[/center]

Me personally i like the shoe. But it looks lik payless H 2K4's with laser. Definitly not payless price! Now having seen the bottoms i lik em a lil more. I need to kno weight and comfort before im willing to pay $175
Thanx 4 the pics

The young Boss of the Cross for 4 quarters, in form 3 point land he's all water, matter a fact call him the king the way he breaks down the d-fence it's lik he got the ball on a string. - Lil Ai

Quote:
The best analogy I can think of is this: People kept buying Tupac albums after his death just because it was a Tupac album. But eventually they figured out that these albums were straight subpar.
When was the ride over? Last time I checked, Pac's last album sold 2million+ copies, considering he's sold more albums after his death is an amazing feat, on top of the fact he's been dead for almost 8 years and gets poor promotion and airplay...very similar to Jordan in a way..Jordan is retired and even though he's retired he's still one of most marketable figures in society.
Quote:
Doesn't it tarnish JB's image that so many shoes end up on sale or in the outlets? I remember RockDeep posted that when he had a chance to talk with some people from JB, they did say this was a concern they wanted to address. Also, I'm sure that this doesn't sit well with retailers.
The majority of retailers end up selling most of the "high end" shoes to consumers below retail. Clothing industry experiences this 24/7, but at the end of the day, the ratio is constantly being observed while all parties remain satisfied, so it's not a problem..balance is the key.

Pac never released a "subpar" album.... |I
tired.gif

Air Elijah - no hard feelings on the crack comment..i wasn't seriously offended. Thanks also for brightening the heel...it is OBVIOUS it reads 1-2-3...why I have no idea. It indeed symbolized his titles but the other side shoulda read 4-5-6, but even still it's a corny and tacky idea. The numbers are huge and boring...the heel of the XV's looked much nicer with the "15 6 23" encaged effect.

Back
Top Bottom