Post pics of HIGH-END DESIGNER SHOES...(pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question to all of you why do you think some Maison Martin Margiela styles are absurdly high in price? Yet, you will see almost every style when the season ends for 50% off? :smh: I wanted those Python Print Strap 3M sneakers but changed my mind considering the price is a little eh but still unsure. Thinking about other shoes I want I don't think the price is worth it.

The price on them has gone up significantly in the past years, I think the GATs retailed for $350 5 or so years ago, not they are close to $500.

At the end of the day, it's just their price point and there are plenty that does pay retail. Thy aren't going to lower the prices just because they go on sale at the end of the season anyways, they still make more having the high MSRP.

How does the python on loub's hold up? I remember reading someone's post about keeping a little moisture on them every so often if I remember correctly. Really thinking of picking up that black pair.

That was my post about the maintenance. I have a pair of the python pik boats and they are amazing. Mine are more of a matte black python and these look to have a gloss to them. As with any leather you have to keep it conditioned, it is dead animal skin. Not to be graphic! Haha. The python requires a bit more love for two reasons; the leather is thin and the scales. The key is to not let them dry out, as with pony hair (which is really calf hair). If you leather condition them once a month or so and keep them in dust bags when not wearing them you will be solid.

That was my post about the maintenance. I have a pair of the python pik boats and they are amazing. Mine are more of a matte black python and these look to have a gloss to them. As with any leather you have to keep it conditioned, it is dead animal skin. Not to be graphic! Haha. The python requires a bit more love for two reasons; the leather is thin and the scales. The key is to not let them dry out, as with pony hair (which is really calf hair). If you leather condition them once a month or so and keep them in dust bags when not wearing them you will be solid.

I see I see. I notice the shine to them like you pointed out and prefer the look of the matte. I don't want it to be too shiny.

It could just be the photo, however I am sure they have a slight sheen to them. I prefer the matte better as well.

i went ahead and ordered a pair, if they are too shiny i guess i'll probably just return them. i always wanted a matte pair and should have just bought the ones on ebay a couple weeks back, but i kind of like this design a little more. i know they will have a matte pair in the future up for sale.

i just bought my first pair and i really like them a lot, i was very impressed by the quality. i was looking for black, but was too late, so now i check the site multiple times a day and caught this navy blue pair.

Last edited:
Nice! Post up pictures when you recieve them and let us know what you think. That navy suede pair is really nice. I saw them here in Vegas a few weeks back. I am sure they CL will do a black python again and definitely the black spiked Louis. You just about have to check the CL website multiple times a day if you know a certain style is going to be releasing because there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how they release shoes.

Nice! Post up pictures when you recieve them and let us know what you think. That navy suede pair is really nice. I saw them here in Vegas a few weeks back. I am sure they CL will do a black python again and definitely the black spiked Louis. You just about have to check the CL website multiple times a day if you know a certain style is going to be releasing because there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how they release shoes.

i'll post pics of both pairs when the python's come in. hope they are not too shiny because i know matte will eventually come out again and I'll say to myself i should have waited. i only can have one pair of black pythons so i want to make sure they are the ones i want. the spikes exceeded my expectations, but this can be a very expensive habit lol. i have to pick my spots.

any sort of leather condition you think? didnt think it would work on python skin!? 

any sort of leather condition you think? didnt think it would work on python skin!? 
I would recommend Leather Honey.  It works on all types of leather including exotic leathers (Gator, snake, lizard, etc...) and I have had great success with it.  I used to have an auto detailing business and would use it on luxury and exotic car interiors, as they are actually real leather throughout.  The thing that most people don't realize is that a leather polish is different from a leather conditioner.  I always leather condition any new pair of shoes I get before I wear them, because I do not know how long they have been sitting in a dry box.  A leather polish for say a dress shoe or boot simply polishes the finish.  While a quality leather conditioner contains oils that keep the leather from drying out and providing a nice exterior finish.  

http://www.leatherhoney.com

Last edited:
thinking about picking these up but never had a designer sneaker before so not sure on sizing. I am normal 10, is it safe to say these run small and a EU 42/US 9 would be best?

I would recommend Leather Honey.  It works on all types of leather including exotic leathers (Gator, snake, lizard, etc...) and I have had great success with it.  I used to have an auto detailing business and would use it on luxury and exotic car interiors, as they are actually real leather throughout.  The thing that most people don't realize is that a leather polish is different from a leather conditioner.  I always leather condition any new pair of shoes I get before I wear them, because I do not know how long they have been sitting in a dry box.  A leather polish for say a dress shoe or boot simply polishes the finish.  While a quality leather conditioner contains oils that keep the leather from drying out and providing a nice exterior finish.  

http://www.leatherhoney.com
recommend anything for suede? or leather polish for anything as well? 

Suede is super touchy. To be honest there isn't a way to condition it that I know of. The two biggest enemies are oil and water, so you best bet is to choose a quality sealant based spray and get a good suede brush or a boars hair one, as the nap of the suede wants to lay flat after wear. It makes it easy to do quick dusting or knocking off grime that may have accumulated hitting the streets. If you have a scuff or stain I always do my best to remove the most of it with a suede eraser or the suede brush before I start breaking out my suede cleaner.

Last edited:
some new louboutin Louis spikes are up on the louboutin website available in most sizes

some new louboutin Louis spikes are up on the louboutin website available in most sizes

i liked the velvet ones, but my size was out of stock. i wonder how limited the sizes are because each of the two times i bought a pair, the size showed out stock when i went back after completing the sale. i wonder if that just a coincidence or they get only a few or less per size.

Not 100% sure but if I want a pair I'm usuallt good cuz 46 is the last to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom