Post purchases that have improved your life.

i have flat feet and knee pain/aches/popping were normal things for me.

recently bought a pair of dr scholls custom" insoles for my foot type.

got em @ my local walmart, @ a dr. scholls machine/kiosk type of deal. you stand on the machine and it tells you what type of insoles you need for your foot type. cost about 50 bux. wasnt happy about spending that kinda paper on some insoles but bruh, best fifty I ever spent, real ****!

within prolly 3 days of wearing them, my knee pain damn near disappeared. I knew for sure they were working when I was able to do a squat (w/o weights) with no pre stretching or warmups and I didn't get ANY popping in my knees on the way down, or up.

for any of you that may be having knee/lower back issues, check em out. don't work? just send em back...

Just ordered! Went over to friend last week n saw this thing in action! The rice was Perfectly Steamed!!!
I've lost mad weight thanks to this cooker. The rice is perfect and the vegetables and meat always come out done and perfectly soft. Just a word of caution, if you cookin brown rice, make sure you rinse the starch out first.

^
What meat do you steam in there? Chicken?

Even with white rice i'll rinse it and get some of the stuff off. Was too lazy to do it before but it makes a difference.

^
What meat do you steam in there? Chicken?

Even with white rice i'll rinse it and get some of the stuff off. Was too lazy to do it before but it makes a difference.
I mainly steam chicken and fish. Rinsing makes a big difference, especially if you eat alot of brown rice like I do.

Cannondale CAAD12 Ultegra

This thing is fast.

How's the build quality? I had an M500 about 20 years ago and the thing was a beast. Absolutely loved that bike. I've heard mixed reviews on the current Cannondales.

This thing is fast.
awesome bike! be careful.

I picked up a mattress top padding a few years ago, what a great investment. I find it best is if your mattress is a bit firm, the balance is perfect.

I've always wanted a radar detector, but do any of you guys use the app Waze? It's real time traffic app from users and you can also share where the speed traps/cops are hiding. Works pretty well for me.

yup, pretty much use it any time I drive ( i forget sometimes). Comes in handy on road trips, I drive to LA from the Bay every couple months

Yes, this thing is awesome. It saved me a ton of times during road trips. The more people use it, the more accurate it gets.

Also, having Shaq, Stephen Colbert, 3CP0 and Terminator telling where to go is not a bad look :lol:

Here is a screen shot on how to spot cops

View media item 2068967

Last edited:
Nest learning thermostat.

Waking up in the middle of the night and being able to adjust your thermostat from your phone :pimp:

Having the house cool when you get there :pimp:

It was provided by my job, but a battery charging cradle and second battery for my phone is extremely convenient.

The Aroma Rice cooker and steamer has been one of my best purchases to date. Highly recommend it.

View media item 2064901

Man, this thing right here is clutch... So glad my grandma put me onto this... I never used the steamer but making some brown rice in this cooker is :pimp: :pimp:

Not having to stay by the stove turning the rice is all I need... While I have the rice cooking I'll walk my dog, shower etc

Just bought an apple slicer for my dog a few weeks ago... Quick and easy

For people who cook apple pies or whatever... This cuts the apple evenly, makes things neater :lol:

Last edited:

This thing is fast.

How's the build quality? I had an M500 about 20 years ago and the thing was a beast. Absolutely loved that bike. I've heard mixed reviews on the current Cannondales.

Build is great. You get premium parts with the ultegra. I test rode 105's and they were nice. I wonder sometimes if I should have went with discs.

They are no longer built in USA. I hear people say if you have a Caad10 no need to get the 12. I looked for a 10 in my size (60) but they they wanted a premium.

Got a great deal. Every LBS quoted me 2300 and up. Then a I found a LBS that said 1850 otd and I jump on it.

I've had it a month and now i just need to get a fitting.

Build is great. You get premium parts with the ultegra. I test rode 105's and they were nice. I wonder sometimes if I should have went with discs.

They are no longer built in USA. I hear people say if you have a Caad10 no need to get the 12. I looked for a 10 in my size (60) but they they wanted a premium.

Got a great deal. Every LBS quoted me 2300 and up. Then a I found a LBS that said 1850 otd and I jump on it.

ehh I still don't think discs on road bikes are necessary for 99% of people. On a mtb, absolutely - I wouldn't recomend buying one without

ehh I still don't think discs on road bikes are necessary for 99% of people. On a mtb, absolutely - I wouldn't recomend buying one without

That was my thought but it takes nothing to get this bike to 30+ mph down these steep hills in Northern Virginia. So, I'm on the brakes constantly.

The Aroma Rice cooker and steamer has been one of my best purchases to date. Highly recommend it.

Can you steam the rice, meat (fish and chicken), and vegetables all at once? Can all that stuff fit? May pick one up this weekend.
the thing that you put the items that you're steaming goes on top over the rice, so yes, you can do the rice, meat & veggies together. 

Back
Top Bottom