\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Picked it up this morning

Congrats and welcome to the family. Make sure u join audizine.

Be prepared to get compliments left and right

Cars no longer do it for me when I know that I can spend $50-60k on a luxury car and basically have nothing to show for it 8-10 yrs later when its only worth $5-10k.

I'd rather buy a $30k car and put the other $20-30k towards stuff that has a useful life of more that 8-10yrs.

Congrats and welcome to the family. Make sure u join audizine.

Be prepared to get compliments left and right

That thing is sexy bro! Great pick up.

Nice. Same boat here, got a BRZ, but just browsing.

Mind if I ask how much you pay a month on the lease (from what I remember it was leased?)?

Thanks, I know me being in Houston would make it different but just asking.

thanks fellas

I pay $335 a month over 5 years; I usually pay at least 1.5x's the payment per month though. I financed it.

seems like nobody wants the BRZ, I got $19k for mine roughly and they are selling for $19995 just to get rid of it.

Def check out cert. preowned, that is the way to go with a luxury whip

Why did you go auto?

I know you had the Z and then BrZ but the A5 isnt exactly a speed demon either...

Only cause you were saying the BrZ's downfall is its lack of power.

Last edited:
Mines an auto as well. I don't see it as a type of car you must get in manual to enjoy.

Plus a DD being manual is not for me personally.

what we doing? U hiring? **** 90 stacks weres the porsche dealer that gt3 is calling my name all day. Maybe even a m series

Think you're joking, and I realize personal finance is up to the individual, but pretty sure GT3 and M cars are NOT marketed for people making $90K salary ... base M3 is your entire annual income after taxes :lol:

You could afford an M with a $90k salary though...

Depending on the person's lifestyle and whatnot, its relatively affordable.

Cars no longer do it for me when I know that I can spend $50-60k on a luxury car and basically have nothing to show for it 8-10 yrs later when its only worth $5-10k.

Everyone I know with a newer BMW or Benz has it leased. it seems like in general most people lease luxury cars because of depreciation, maintenance cost .... or to flex status :lol:

the other thing bad thing is that a lot of slightly older luxury cars look dated, like the previous gen 6 and 7 series compared to the current...big difference.

exactly. he might not have just got the job a year ago, what if he's been working for 2-4 years & saved up 100K+?

I would of bought a CTS-V or something quicker, that C is 41K base though..60K is a lot for a C class..

Last edited:
Nothing to show for?

Youre gonna have a Benz or Bimmer to show for. :lol: 10 good years in that car, no car is gonna hold its value really well. Dont undersand why people still make that point.

True, the word "affordable" is VERY subjective ... sure I have the ability to buy M3 cash, make payments on a GT3, etc but no way in hell would I have a balanced lifestyle AND maintain plans for the future.

Everyone has their own goals (which are reflected in personal finances)

Last edited:
Nothing to show for?

Youre gonna have a Benz or Bimmer to show for. :lol: 10 good years in that car, no car is gonna hold its value really well. Dont undersand why people still make that point.

Right. My statement is more about the concept of spending a lot of money on cars altogether.

I think its something you have to personally go through to understand. Also, that's why I said "do it for me". For you, it may be worth it because it was 10 good years in that car. For me, its not worth it.

Last edited:
thanks fellas

I pay $335 a month over 5 years; I usually pay at least 1.5x's the payment per month though. I financed it.

seems like nobody wants the BRZ, I got $19k for mine roughly and they are selling for $19995 just to get rid of it.

Def check out cert. preowned, that is the way to go with a luxury whip

Wow that's a freaking steal. My homeboy has a 2014 joint it's an A not an S and he pays 600 a month on his for 5 years. It's fully loaded tho.

Why did you go auto?

I know you had the Z and then BrZ but the A5 isnt exactly a speed demon either...

Only cause you were saying the BrZ's downfall is its lack of power.

Because it's a luxury whip full of stuff and it's got enough pick up plus I'm getting the new Z whenever that drops

BRZ is supposed to be a "fun" car but it's hardly fun after a while

I bought the A5 as an every day vehicle

Wow that's a freaking steal. My homeboy has a 2014 joint it's an A not an S and he pays 600 a month on his for 5 years. It's fully loaded tho.

Yeah it's loaded; original MSRP was like $50k

I looked at a couple S5's but didn't wanna drop $45k when I'd rather save that money for the future

True, the word "affordable" is VERY subjective ... sure I have the ability to buy M3 cash, make payments on a GT3, etc but no way in hell would I have a balanced lifestyle AND maintain plans for the future.

Everyone has their own goals (which are reflected in personal finances)
I understand that but i think everyone forgot i said the porsche would be calling MY name :rolleyes. Its all preferences and prioritys but i figuired someone already dropping 60k for a benz would have already had theyre priorities straight so thats why i said a gt3 or m series. A m series is about the same as he is paying for the benz so :rolleyes

Maintenance and insurance on an M man. Plus the tires youre gonna eat through and gas youre gonna consume. :lol:

Much more than a regular C class.

If you want a car that won't immediately fall of a cliff value wise... sports cars are the way to go... I remember Clarkson buying a used CL65 for chump change and laughing...

Back
Top Bottom