\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

only way you're getting away with that tint and no front plate on a red car in NYC is if you're a cop, former cop or have one of those police union cards from someone you know

Tinted the Jeep today. I couldnt take the fishbowl look anymore. lol

Did 50 percent on the windshield and 15 on the front sides with 3m crystalline tint.

Last edited:
Nah brah, I just take the tix and pay them when I get them. Its not as often as you would think.

maybe twice a year I get a ticket.

Not that bad.

That Grand Cherokee is clean. Nice work!

Here are my cars, 2008 MDX and a 2013 Odyssey. Before you laugh I'm in my 30s with three kids, so the minivan is crucial. :lol:

I'm trading in the MDX in October for a 2016 Range Rover Sport. :evil:

That Grand Cherokee is clean. Nice work!

Here are my cars, 2008 MDX and a 2013 Odyssey. Before you laugh I'm in my 30s with three kids, so the minivan is crucial. :lol:

I'm trading in the MDX in October for a 2016 Range Rover Sport. :evil:

Thanks a lot!!!

Hey man, you gotta do what you gotta do! Nothing wrong with a minivan to transport the young-ins!

So I'm at McDonald's right

Hear some rumbling then a c7 z06 droptop pulled up. then sped off into the night twas inspirational

Nah brah, I just take the tix and pay them when I get them. Its not as often as you would think.

Not that bad.
You're lucky. Up here in the land of igloo's, if you get pinched for Tint, it's a fix it ticket. As in, you have a month to fix it (remove the tint) and go to the police station and show them. Or if the cop is really feeling like a ****, they'll just give you a vehicle inspection for it, so you'll fail the vehicle inspection for the Tint, need to get it removed, plus have to fix whatever other minor things the inspection place finds (not to mention if you have aftermarket exhaust with no cats, then you're really gonna be ******).

Needless to say, I just stick to the legal limit, no Tint on the front windows or windshield, I don't want that headache.

On a related note, your Jeep is looking clean :smokin. You missing your old one at all? How does the new one compare now that you've had it a while?

Last edited:
[quote="Nelson999, post: 23906370"]Someone try this next time they get a red light/speeding ticket from a camera

[URL=http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2013/12/avoid_paying_red_light_camera_ticket_st_louis.php]http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2013/12/avoid_paying_red_light_camera_ticket_st_louis.php[/URL]
[/quote]

[quote="WhatCanISay, post: 23906918"][quote="Andretti, post: 23906898"]
So I'm at McDonald's right

Hear some [SIZE=26px]rumbling[/SIZE] then a [SIZE=26px]c7 z06[/SIZE] droptop pulled up. then sped off into the night twas inspirational[/QUOTE]
[URL=http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/1658253/][img]http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/1658253/width/500/height/1000/flags/LL
[/URL]
[/quote][/IMG]

You're lucky. Up here in the land of igloo's, if you get pinched for Tint, it's a fix it ticket. As in, you have a month to fix it (remove the tint) and go to the police station and show them. Or if the cop is really feeling like a ****, they'll just give you a vehicle inspection for it, so you'll fail the vehicle inspection for the Tint, need to get it removed, plus have to fix whatever other minor things the inspection place finds (not to mention if you have aftermarket exhaust with no cats, then you're really gonna be ******).

Needless to say, I just stick to the legal limit, no Tint on the front windows or windshield, I don't want that headache.

Yeah that sucks. Trust me all NYC is about is the money thats why it is just a fine. 90 per window. lol

Get some 70% or 80% tint that can't really be seen on the front windows and windshield.  You can get the stuff with aluminum in it, even though it's isn't really any darker, it cuts down on the heat and sun coming through.  very nice stuff

Not that bad.

SRT life is a special kind of life... I've had cops just sit there and stare because they couldn't see me. One even saluted! :rofl:
No plate, tinted everything. I'm a firm believer cops only mess with cars they deem suspicious not fly joints.

Last edited:
pretty much. I've been rollin around in CA for 9 years with cars that you would think would grab cops attention (modded hondas, evos) with no front plate ever, and tinted front windows. and some of the cars too low, and some with very loud exhaust/no cat.  only been pulled over one time *knock on wood* and it's cause i was speeding (barely)

Back
Top Bottom