\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

finally got some time to do my taillights today

For some reason the camera makes the light up part look yellow, but in person it is indeed lit up red

I saw this and figured I'd showed you

I'm thinking of buying a used car from out of state (WI). Do I have to transfer the title to my name there? Or can I just do it back at home (IL)?

I'm thinking of buying a used car from out of state (WI). Do I have to transfer the title to my name there? Or can I just do it back at home (IL)?

I bought a car from IN before. I can't remember all the details but the title transfer is done in your residing state. In my case I met with the previous owner at an IN DMV to get a temporary permit in order to drive it back to IL. The owner still had a lien on the car so I had to wait to get possession of the title from his lender before I could title it in IL. If the owner has the title then it should be an easier process. Taxes are due when you title it in IL.

You'll also need a BIll of Sale like SneakerProSr. SneakerProSr. mentioned.

Last edited:

I live in IL and bought my used car in WI last year lol. The owner had a lien on the car with chase, so we went there to pay it off with my money, turns out, chase has to notify the WI DMV the lien is done and then the dmv sends the title to the owner...so he wrote a bill of sale, and we got it notarized. I then just drove the car to IL and was without any legit plates for weeks :lol:, just used my old car's. Once the owner got the title in the mail, he mailed it to me, and I went to dmv to get it issued for myself with plates/registration/. I got ****** hard with taxes, since the owner put the actual amount it sold for ($15k+), so I had to pay $1,200 for everything...be prepared to pay that amount of the owner puts anything above $15K

Last edited:
Not really much to elaborate on. Sales taxes are not collected on private party vehicle sales that occur in Nevada. Believe the car would have to be privately purchased/registered in NV though to qualify.

http://dmvnv.com/regprivate.htm

Not really much to elaborate on. Sales taxes are not collected on private party vehicle sales that occur in Nevada. Believe the car would have to be privately purchased/registered in NV though to qualify.

http://dmvnv.com/regprivate.htm

Yeah just kind of stating the obvious, I'm just wondering if it affects outside financing. I'm looking to get a GT3 and thought it would be nice to avoid paying 20k in taxes. I don't care if I have a Nevada plate, and my house out there is completely vacant and the mail is forwarded to my current residence.

Back
Top Bottom