\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

My cousin did a little photo shoot of my car. I think this is my fav

i don't think financing would affect it. As long as it's a private party sale you wouldn't pay sales tax

Would you be interested in a White 997.2 GT3 or perhaps a Gray 991 GT3? 
nerd.gif

The Gray one is even titled in Nevada already, the owner is in Reno

Last edited:
i don't think financing would affect it. As long as it's a private party sale you wouldn't pay sales tax

Would you be interested in a White 997.2 GT3 or perhaps a Gray 991 GT3? :nerd:  

The Gray one is even titled in Nevada already, the owner is in Reno

I could be interested in the 991, grey isn't my first choice but as with all things if the deal is too good to pass up I'll definitely make it happen. Most important question though, does it have CCB or Front Axle lift? Those are the primary options i'm looking for and it's been a struggle.

This is the one that i've been looking at, it's just a really great deal and has exactly what i'm looking for, but it's in FL...

http://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace/914692-mint-2015-gt3-for-sale.html

Last edited:
cmon dawg :smh:
2015_991_GT3_Grey_SharkWerks_Exhaust_11.JPG

pure sex

anyway, im pretty sure it has front axle lift, not positive though. gotta check on CCB as well.

but it's a good deal. 10k less than the one u just posted

Haha not throwin any shade at the agate grey I've owned similar colors in the past. But deep in my heart I would want white or fashion grey. At 150k and no CCB that might be a dealbreaker. Is it a 2014 or 2015?

This Porsche talk the last few pages :smokin

Man I will get in one soon enough. My good friend was looking to get into a 991 GT3, but he could get one in a deal he wanted. He is going to order a GT4.

This Porsche talk the last few pages :smokin

Man I will get in one soon enough. My good friend was looking to get into a 991 GT3, but he could get one in a deal he wanted. He is going to order a GT4.
if you can, post pics :pimp:

Porsche is my fav car brand and the Carrera is my dream car

Who was the person here who had the Cayman GT4?

So my dreams of a fog-turbo STi just went down the drains. :smh:

Apparently it SUCKS for daily driving, but deadly in the 1/4 mile.

Now picture that, on a 2015. :frown:
Then it would've been a #1of1 :frown:

On a brighter note, I finally found someone to custom build my diffuser :D
By fog turbo, I assume you mean mounting your turbo where a fog light normally goes?

Drop some knowledge on this, I'm genuinely curious, I've never really thought about the implications of moving a turbo from its stock location. What's the benefit and issues?

If I'm not mistaken, air is going directly into turbo. Instead of having to go in through your hood getting warmed up in there. Coolest consistant air going to the turbo? I'm no expert tho. I'd be scared of crap getting in there as a daily. God forbid you hit a puddle

Last edited:
^^ this

You get real cold air plus it allows you to run a larger turbo because you dont have the space issue.

Another con is you have longer pipes so you will get some lag but when its a drag car it doesnt matter as much because they are pushing 40+ pounds probably

Basically you want the turbo to draw in free flowing air as possible for efficiency

Already being close to the engine blocks hurts that

I noticed trucks with twin turbo setups will have them all the way in the rear of the the bed

If I'm not mistaken, air is going directly into turbo. Instead of having to go in through your hood getting warmed up in there. Coolest consistant air going to the turbo? I'm no expert tho. I'd be scared of crap getting in there as a daily. God forbid you hit a puddle
Don't think you'd get enough water in there to hurt anything, now having your exhaust sicking straight up outta the hood is another story 
laugh.gif

They also make these little mesh screens you can put over the turbo housing that would prevent debri or bugs from getting in there.

Don't think you'd get enough water in there to hurt anything, now having your exhaust sicking straight up outta the hood is another story :lol:

They also make these little mesh screens you can put over the turbo housing that would prevent debri or bugs from getting in there.
Yea poor choice of words. I meant like when you're driving(I've been here) and you can't tell a street is practically flooded until you're right at the thing. The entry for the turbo sitting that low would def be leveled. That happened to me in Camden and I caught it immediately and reversed.

Don't think you'd get enough water in there to hurt anything, now having your exhaust sicking straight up outta the hood is another story :lol:

That's the first thing I thought about too, was water. But like you said, I think that would only be a minor issue that could be solved. People run low mounted air intakes routinely in many different vehicles so that they function as a "true" cold air intake. I know they sell socks that you can put over the air intake filter that prevents water and other things from getting in there, I'm sure something similar exists, or could be made to work, for turbos.

So I'm thinking there must be more then just the obvious, the turbo is closer to fresh air so it's better, argument, over why you'd want to change the location. If the turbo is in the fog light, and you're running an intercooler, both would be quite close together, so maybe you'd be able to get lower air temperatures because the pipes would be shorter, as well as the fact that your intercooler would be receiving more air versus the top mount stock setup wrx's have?

Last edited:
That headlight setup looks clean and is still somewhat subtle, I like that. It isn't all "look at me" like the fog light setups kind of look like :smokin

Last edited:
Any of you guys have a dash cam in the whip? I got a good sale on one on Amazon. $15 I think and it just came in today. Apparently it's 1080p, g force sensor, mic, auto save or manual save. Thing is tiny too. I wasn't all in the market for one but I stumbled on it from fatkiddeals on Twitter and for $15 why not?

Back
Top Bottom