\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Grab a v6 accord, accord sport, or camry and you got a very nice car in the mid teens that will last you another 20 years. 

Appreciate the feedback. A new motor sounds like the cheapest option if that's what I need. I had plan on getting a few ride in August I was just looking for something in the 10-15 thousand rang like maybe a chevy Cruze. Not really trying to have a big car note because most of my money goes to student loans

if you're buying used you can buy any fun car more or less in any category

Finally took a photo outside [emoji]128517[/emoji]

Tint works great.

So I just came back from South America and had a Manual Rental car.

I haven't driven stick in like 4 years. The first 2 days were scary because it's super mountainous where I was so I kept stalling and rolling down the hill.

But by the 3rd day, I had it locked down. And I really did like the manual. Now I'm back home, and I'm thinking about getting a manual because it's easier here because I live in North Texas, where it's mostly flat lands.

Hopefully I can find something decent. If I do I might bite, looking for an e90 or newer.

Test drove a CTS V and an IS F  the past two days. I wasn't super impressed with either one to be honest, Im leaning towards the IS F though for reliability reasons. 

Test drove a CTS V and an IS F  the past two days. I wasn't super impressed with either one to be honest, Im leaning towards the IS F though for reliability reasons. 

what gens? CTS-V in this and last gen are super impressive.

2nd gen is the 6.2 SC right? Thats what I drove. I really didn't have enough road to play with to be honest but it didn't just blow me away in terms of power compared to my M. It felt like id have to get up above 100 to really feel it and I don't want that. The IS F felt like it had more low end torque honestly. 

Last edited:
So I just came back from South America and had a Manual Rental car.

I haven't driven stick in like 4 years. The first 2 days were scary because it's super mountainous where I was so I kept stalling and rolling down the hill.

But by the 3rd day, I had it locked down. And I really did like the manual. Now I'm back home, and I'm thinking about getting a manual because it's easier here because I live in North Texas, where it's mostly flat lands.

Hopefully I can find something decent. If I do I might bite, looking for an e90 or newer.

Bruh, cop an s2000 and let loose

2nd gen is the 6.2 SC right? Thats what I drove. I really didn't have enough road to play with to be honest but it didn't just blow me away in terms of power compared to my M. It felt like id have to get up above 100 to really feel it and I don't want that. The IS F felt like it had more low end torque honestly. 

da CTS-V got over 500 foot pounds at da lowest parts of da rev band...

ximm

here's a wagon dyno pull for reference.

you definitely didn't have enough road to judge fair...my OG had a CTS-V sedan and it was rollercoaster pinning to your seat torque.

god bless GM crate engines, u can still cop a LSA fresh from da factory.

da CTS-V got over 500 foot pounds at da lowest parts of da rev band...

here's a wagon dyno pull for reference.

you definitely didn't have enough road to judge fair...my OG had a CTS-V sedan and it was rollercoaster pinning to your seat torque.

god bless GM crate engines, u can still cop a LSA fresh from da factory.
Yeah Im going to test drive both again and dog the hell out of it. Only problem is I would buy this IS F because its lower miles and spec I want, the V has too many miles for what I'm trying to do and if Im paying damn near $35k I want the damage history to be spotless, this V has been in 2 accidents that were bad enough to have to be towed away, I know this isn't a huge deal to some but to me it is. Also I can only find them in black around my way and Im done with black cars. 

I still want to drive a C63 though, if I can find one closer to me Im gonna go drive it and see what its like. I think the Lexus reliability will pull me in more than likely. 

Yeah Im going to test drive both again and dog the hell out of it. Only problem is I would buy this IS F because its lower miles and spec I want, the V has too many miles for what I'm trying to do and if Im paying damn near $35k I want the damage history to be spotless, this V has been in 2 accidents that were bad enough to have to be towed away, I know this isn't a huge deal to some but to me it is. Also I can only find them in black around my way and Im done with black cars. 

I still want to drive a C63 though, if I can find one closer to me Im gonna go drive it and see what its like. I think the Lexus reliability will pull me in more than likely. 

If it's high miles on the caddy, i would definitely Steve Nash pass, especially with an accident

Last edited:
An alternator isn't a big deal getting it remanufactured. I've personally haven't had a problem with it. And if you do it usually comes with a good warranty.

Refabbed oem alternators are typically a much better option than aftermarket if the original part is out of production.

Get the 16 model, they're going for 60K.

That 640 hp stock and the interior is more spacious

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom