\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Whoa

that’s bad *** and I’m not even into old porsches like that

Just Google "Ruf Yellowbird" and you'll be in love!! Car was a MONSTER back in it's day and this one is a modern day tribute!! Ruf also supplies the engines to Lykan for their Hypersport and Fenyr!

RUF got me into porsches. Not that i disliked them but i just didnt care for em. Havent seen one in person yet but im gonna be all over it once i finally do.

Now i want a 964 turbo :lol:

Remember Ruf from gran turismo, only reason I even know it existed. Thought it was a fake brand and they didn’t have the license for Porsche or something :lol:

Went down the rabbit hole on youtube and been watching these non stop

I'm not a big porsche fan but I really like the way these look except for the ridiculous wing on some of the builds. This is by far the best one I've seen so far and the owner picked some of the dopest wheels I've seen on car. Might look into getting a set from Rotiform myself for the 4Runner in the future.

Anyone else a fan, thoughts?

those rims are so beautiful

andretti andretti Your post of the yellowbird reminded me of this special episode on Jay Leno's garage I watched last year. A plethora of information on the cars & RUF brands origins. The legend & man himself Alois Ruf makes an appearance & shares a wealth of knowledge. If you haven't watched the episode. I HIGHLY suggest you do. It's worth the 33 minutes. The world of Porsche is truly unlike any other

andretti andretti Your post of the yellowbird reminded me of this special episode on Jay Leno's garage I watched last year. A plethora of information on the cars & RUF brands origins. The legend & man himself Alois Ruf makes an appearance & shares a wealth of knowledge. If you haven't watched the episode. I HIGHLY suggest you do. It's worth the 33 minutes. The world of Porsche is truly unlike any other

I watched that episode and it was fantastic!!!

I watched that episode and it was fantastic!!!
Mannnn, it was most definitely one of my top 5. It's right up there with the 1966 Lincoln Continental episode. What sets this apart is the sheer amount of information Jay & his guest Mr. Ruf share. Like all episodes this one features some amazing rides but again the knowledge he has & the backstory of the beginnings of RUF is incredible to me. The fact that he was able to somehow someway convince Porsche to allow his name to be on THEIR desirable sports car is HUGE!!! No manufacturer allows any builder to physically attach their name to the end product esp. Not back in the day. Truly an amazing watch feat

Got the via corsa magazine with the new ctr review and the interview of alois ruf at his shop when the new one released.

the wheel sawing on the ‘ring had to be an adrenaline rush

Mannnn, it was most definitely one of my top 5. It's right up there with the 1966 Lincoln Continental episode. What sets this apart is the sheer amount of information Jay & his guest Mr. Ruf share. Like all episodes this one features some amazing rides but again the knowledge he has & the backstory of the beginnings of RUF is incredible to me. The fact that he was able to somehow someway convince Porsche to allow his name to be on THEIR desirable sports car is HUGE!!! No manufacturer allows any builder to physically attach their name to the end product esp. Not back in the day. Truly an amazing watch feat
well we have to understand the time this happened
it was the gas/oil crisis and porsche was kinda struggling and not on their A game so i think that led to desperation.
they needed ruf to bring some attention/swag to their brand.
i touched on this yesterday, brands need that halo car to bring in buyers of lower end cars.
forsure people who heard of ruf back in the day and wanted one settled for a 911.
just how dudes who want a demon/hellcat settle for sxt/rt/scatpacks.

Your forgetting one of the goats?
15493721-1968-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-srcset-retina-xl.jpg

well we have to understand the time this happened
it was the gas/oil crisis and porsche was kinda struggling and not on their A game so i think that led to desperation.
they needed ruf to bring some attention/swag to their brand.
i touched on this yesterday, brands need that halo car to bring in buyers of lower end cars.
forsure people who heard of ruf back in the day and wanted one settled for a 911.
just how dudes who want a demon/hellcat settle for sxt/rt/scatpacks.
Yeah you're right it was during the oil crisis & every brand was missing the component of style & also a lot of performance restrictions. That's a fact- having a halo car gives the lesser models exposure. What does that 911 go for now? Big bucks I'd bet. I wouldn't mind an SXT as a dd 🤷‍♂️, might get the older one with the straight bar taillights in the future who knows?
Your forgetting one of the goats?
15493721-1968-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-srcset-retina-xl.jpg
Oh damn I totally forgot about Mr. Shelby, one of the G.O.A.T.S. in the auto industry...so ahead of his time. Question is is he THE G.O.A.T? And where does Mr. Norm rank on that list? And Enzo Ferrari?

i think i wanna build a foxbody
any reason not to?
Foxbody tax is real. Plus most of them have been abused to hell so finding a good one will be pricey or hard to find. The only foxbodys worth saving for +86 coupes.

get this... oooooffffff i wish :nerd:

Used the macguiars wheel cleaner that was supposed to be "safe" for my type of wheel and this is what it did to the calipers...
IMG_20200715_232828_496.jpg

It was headed to the powder coat shop anyway, so I wasn't too bent out of shape. But, I'll never use a wheel cleaner again.

Used the macguiars wheel cleaner that was supposed to be "safe" for my type of wheel and this is what it did to the calipers...

It was headed to the powder coat shop anyway, so I wasn't too bent out of shape. But, I'll never use a wheel cleaner again.

Yup, I learned a long time ago not to spray wheel cleaner directly onto the wheel. The extra splash will get messy. I simply spray it onto a towel and clean them.

It didn't seem like it was corrosive, it seems like it is residue, so maybe with a extreme scrub it could have been removed or evened out? Idk, just guessing.

Either way, just wanted to use the example as a PSA for folks that don't know.

Were the calipers hot? Also if you spray wheels while they’re dry and hot it can do that to them. Don’t ask me how I know

found a single cab gmc 2011 with
Were the calipers hot? Also if you spray wheels while they’re dry and hot it can do that to them. Don’t ask me how I know
lmao bruh when i was like 18 and i would drive my car super hard, i would come home grab the water hose and cool down the brakes till they were cool to the touch.

idk why i just rememebred that

I did some driving beforehand, but not enough to make them hot hot imo. But that could be a reason why they stained like that...

Back
Top Bottom